To all temple recommend holders

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

maklelan wrote:
VegasRefugee wrote:Only if you admit your twink-ness.

don't be late for the drag show.

Oh, I'm so offended. Is that what you want? C'mon, admit you're wrong. It'll make my day.

Aww, see her we have Mac, someone who stands by his cult, someone who NEVER admits he or his cult is wrong. And he is DEMANDING i admit i am wrong, which I am not.

I want you to go to your bishop and tell him how much anti Mormon arguments you read. Then show him these arguments. It doesn't matter what you respond with because hell agree with it nevertheless. Just show him what you read here on a daily basis. If he is like a large number of bishops he will disapprove of your proximity to the nasty lies about josephs criminal behavior.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_maklelan
_Emeritus

Post by _maklelan »

VegasRefugee wrote:
maklelan wrote:

Oh, I'm so offended. Is that what you want? C'mon, admit you're wrong. It'll make my day.

Aww, see her we have Mac, someone who stands by his cult, someone who NEVER admits he or his cult is wrong. And he is DEMANDING i admit i am wrong, which I am not.

I want you to go to your bishop and tell him how much anti Mormon arguments you read. Then show him these arguments. It doesn't matter what you respond with because hell agree with it nevertheless. Just show him what you read here on a daily basis. If he is like a large number of bishops he will disapprove of your proximity to the nasty lies about josephs criminal behavior.

You're hardly qualified to speak for any bishops, much less the majority of them. Having actually performed these interviews, I know much better than you exactly what they're looking for, and you couldn't be more wrong about them. (And you make fun of me for never admitting I'm wrong.) It's physically impossible for you to admit that you're not a specimen of perfection. You grow more and more pathetic with each ignorant post you throw up. Keep 'em coming. I'm sure they entertain others as much as me.
I like you Betty...

My blog
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

VegasRefugee wrote:If he is like a large number of bishops he will disapprove of your proximity to the nasty lies about josephs criminal behavior.

Vegas does make a good point here. Most Church officials frown on any Church member spending too much time on the Internet.

Now, will it prevent you from getting a temple recommend? No.

However, you will be cautioned against spending too much time online. And by "you", I mean the collective "you", which also includes me, in this case. ;)
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

maklelan wrote:
VegasRefugee wrote:
maklelan wrote:

You're hardly qualified to speak for any bishops, much less the majority of them. Having actually performed these interviews, I know much better than you exactly what they're looking for, and you couldn't be more wrong about them. (And you make fun of me for never admitting I'm wrong.) It's physically impossible for you to admit that you're not a specimen of perfection. You grow more and more pathetic with each ignorant post you throw up. Keep 'em coming. I'm sure they entertain others as much as me.

Don't act like you are anything special. You were a missionary standing in the place of more qualified individuals because there was no other worthy priesthood holders in the area. You were a missionary acting as a branch president. Don't think that your bishop sees you as an equal.

Just something for you to think about as you ponder your percieved greatness. You have alot of emotional capital wrapped up in the fact you were a branch president. Just remember that it does not mean a damn thing.
Lost in time
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

maklelan wrote:
VegasRefugee wrote:
maklelan wrote:

Mac, i admit that I am wrong when I am wrong. You cannot say the same. Am I perfect? No. I never said that I was.

You are a child both in the sense of your early adulthood and your cultural isolation. Your studies are based largely on a construct that is patently false. Your worldview is one based on inherent racism and misogynistic tendencies.

The actual scholars laugh at you and your poor attempt at validation through your studies. Who knows though. You might be able to get tenure at BYU!
Last edited by FAST Enterprise [Crawler] on Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost in time
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

At some point this veered off into the personal. If I want character assassination, I'll chat up Pahoran. ;-)
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_maklelan
_Emeritus

Post by _maklelan »

VegasRefugee wrote:Mac, i admit that I am wrong when I am wrong. You cannot say the same.

I've apologized for being incorrect and for being rude on several occasions. I have never seen you do it. Now you're just lying.

VegasRefugee wrote:You are a child both in the sense of your early adulthood and your cultural isolation. Your studies are based largely on a construct that is patently false. Your worldview is one based inherent racism and misogynistic tendencies.

And what construct would that be?

VegasRefugee wrote:The actual scholars laugh at you and your poor attempt at validation through your studies. Who knows though. You might be able to get tenure at BYU!

You're about as far from capable of judging anything objectively as the sky is from the earth. You're pathetic Vegas. Why continue making up this crap just to wriggle out of admitting you were wrong on a simple issue? You think you make yourself look any less idiotic to people by posting this crap? You don't, and nothing you say makes enough sense for me to be at all affected by your idiotic insults.
I like you Betty...

My blog
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

maklelan wrote:
VegasRefugee wrote:Mac, i admit that I am wrong when I am wrong. You cannot say the same.

I've apologized for being incorrect and for being rude on several occasions. I have never seen you do it. Now you're just lying.

VegasRefugee wrote:You are a child both in the sense of your early adulthood and your cultural isolation. Your studies are based largely on a construct that is patently false. Your worldview is one based inherent racism and misogynistic tendencies.

And what construct would that be?

VegasRefugee wrote:The actual scholars laugh at you and your poor attempt at validation through your studies. Who knows though. You might be able to get tenure at BYU!

You're about as far from capable of judging anything objectively as the sky is from the earth. You're pathetic Vegas. Why continue making up this crap just to wriggle out of admitting you were wrong on a simple issue? You think you make yourself look any less idiotic to people by posting this crap? You don't, and nothing you say makes enough sense for me to be at all affected by your idiotic insults.

And yet you continue to give me attention. Hmm.
Lost in time
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Runtu wrote:At some point this veered off into the personal. If I want character assassination, I'll chat up Pahoran. ;-)

Or Juliann! LOL
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

VegasRefugee wrote:I want you to go to your bishop and tell him how much anti Mormon arguments you read. Then show him these arguments. It doesn't matter what you respond with because hell agree with it nevertheless. Just show him what you read here on a daily basis. If he is like a large number of bishops he will disapprove of your proximity to the nasty lies about josephs criminal behavior.

But isn't this either shifting the goalposts or a red-herring? I don't deny that many bishops would be none too pleased with people who read anti-mormon apologetics. The original point you put forward, however, was that one who interacts with apostates on a message board is not temple worthy. Too bad that Maklelan took the bait and let you steer it into a personal bash.
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO