Are the MADmods Censoring Sig Lines?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

What about MADites who have never read this board? Those who believe the descriptions of this board posted on MAD and are either afraid or too repulsed by what they think it is (based on the descriptions) to view it?

Do you think they know about the purge?

Jersey Girl
_cksalmon
_Emeritus

Post by _cksalmon »

Jersey Girl wrote:What about MADites who have never read this board? Those who believe the descriptions of this board posted on MAD and are either afraid or too repulsed by what they think it is (based on the descriptions) to view it?

Do you think they know about the purge?

Jersey Girl

Probably not. But then, I think that's okay. We each rise to the level of our own curiosity in any number of areas. If they don't know, they probably don't care. If they care, but don't know, well, I'm not sure what else can be done about it. The Shades board is here. And they'll probably find it if they're really interested enough.

I heard lots of stuff about the "Obsession" board on MADB before I finally sought this thing out. (And, it wasn't that hard to find: MADB is giving the Shades board some probably unwitting publicity.) Turns out that the boards here are both far more and much less atrocious than I'd been led to believe. Depending upon viewpoint considerations.

I really like seeing old FAIRboards.org posters here. I'd wondered where they'd gone to. Even though I'd heard about the Nov 5 purges through various nefarious channels. I was, for example, wondering what on earth happened to Moksha. I read his posts every chance I got. I still do. But now I'm pointed differently with regard to URL. Oh, well.

Best.

CKS
_jayneedoe
_Emeritus

Post by _jayneedoe »

It was always my understanding you had to have permission from the person to use their quote before putting it on your sig line. I think that may be why they were removed. Maybe?

Jaynee
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

I heard lots of stuff about the "Obsession" board on MADB before I finally sought this thing out. (And, it wasn't that hard to find: MADB is giving the Shades board some probably unwitting publicity.) Turns out that the boards here are both far more and much less atrocious than I'd been led to believe. Depending upon viewpoint considerations.

How so? How are the boards here far more atrocious? Or far less?
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Mister Scratch »

Sethbag wrote:I've done some reading, like on Shades' blog where the "exile" stories are, and seen reference to the Nov. 5 purge, so I have an idea what that's about. I deliberately hadn't registered here or posted anything at Kevin Graham's board, so as not to get swept up in the putsch. I did know that some folks had been banned, like Moksha, Who Knows, SleepingWillow, and some others. I posted in many a thread with them, and it's too bad. As I think back, I'd say most of the critics I've ever seen at MAD aren't there anymore, just by number. It looks like I'm part of a dwindling group over there.

Frankly, I think it is both ridiculous and appalling that the fittingly named MADmods should think that moderating the entire rest of the online LDS community is even remotely feasible. I am glad that such superb posters as you, CKSalmon, The Dude, and others have found their way over here, to this safe haven of free conversation. No one needs the sort of crap that is doled out by the folks at MAD.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

cksalmon wrote: I was, for example, wondering what on earth happened to Moksha. I read his posts every chance I got. I still do. But now I'm pointed differently with regard to URL. Oh, well.

Best.

CKS

Ah, my Lone Reader. Well, here is your chance to ride again!
Stick around this place, it grows on you.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

moksha wrote:Stick around this place, it grows on you.

As do tumors.

In any case, I also frequently read Moksha's stuff and frequetly laughed because of it.
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

harmony wrote:

I don't know how this board could possibly meet the expectations for depravity that Juliann has built it up too (other than that masturbation thread, which was a fluke occurance). I'm sure people who read Juliann and come over here are disappointed there isn't a flyer about a combination orgy/goat roast in the "Get-Togethers" forum.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Sethbag wrote:As I think back, I'd say most of the critics I've ever seen at MAD aren't there anymore, just by number. It looks like I'm part of a dwindling group over there.

Sad but true. The MAD mods are never going to realize that the driving force of MAD are The Critics! The critics provide the energy to the board by sparking the debate with their questions and comments, and without critics and their hard questions the board will devolve into a Fellowship Hall.

by the way: Welcome Sethbag! You're one of my favorite posters there!
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Bond...James Bond wrote:
harmony wrote:

I don't know how this board could possibly meet the expectations for depravity that Juliann has built it up too (other than that masturbation thread, which was a fluke occurance). I'm sure people who read Juliann and come over here are disappointed there isn't a flyer about a combination orgy/goat roast in the "Get-Togethers" forum.

Ssshhh....that's suppose to be a secret! ;)