The Golden Bible - Rev. M.T. Lamb.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Ray A

The Golden Bible - Rev. M.T. Lamb.

Post by _Ray A »

For those who have not read it, I recommend the Rev. M.T.Lamb's book, The Golden Bible:

http://www.mazeministry.com/Mormonism/g ... wnload.htm

Take time to read it, and get back with your opinions.
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

I also recommed a reading of this: http://sunstoneblog.com/?p=32

Excerpt from Dan Vogel:

INDIGENOUS OTHERS

Ostler admits that it “requires careful reading to detect” the “indigenous others” in the Book of Mormon’s text. Actually, Ostler’s interpretations do not derive from a “careful reading” but are filtered and constructed by an assumption that the Lehites/Mulekites lived in a sub-cultural setting with non-Israelites in a small region of America “about the size of Palestine.” Hence, his observations of the text are theory-laden; in other words, he begs the question because his interpretations assume what they are trying to prove. As I will show, Ostler’s assumptions not only dictate what he sees in the text, but also permit him to see what is not there.
_gramps
_Emeritus

Post by _gramps »

Isn't it true that Ostler argues for an island setting for the Book of Mormon?

I seem to remember having read something like that on the Sunstone blog, I believe.

And whose the other guy? He thinks Thailand and Malaysia fits nicely with the Book of Mormon text.

I was just thinking it actually could have been Dresden, where I am living. The Neustadt would be the place northward and the Aldstadt the place southward and the little neck of land could be.....well, it's a bridge now crossing the Elbe, but back in 600 b.c., who knows?

Thanks for the link, Ray. I think I will take a browse through that today.
I detest my loose style and my libertine sentiments. I thank God, who has removed from my eyes the veil...
Adrian Beverland