YouTube video on doctrines that Mitt dances around

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Re: YouTube video on doctrines that Mitt dances around

Post by _Jason Bourne »

Polygamy Porter wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcAqtPv3YcY

So are you a Bill McKeever supporter? Evangelical?
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

This is interesting as these Evangelical sit and talk about how weird LDS doctrine is to them do they not realize they have very odd and strange beliefs as well? Romney points out at the beginnig that one very strange belief LDS have is in Noah and the flood.
_Who Knows
_Emeritus

Post by _Who Knows »

Jason Bourne wrote:This is interesting as these Evangelical sit and talk about how weird LDS doctrine is to them do they not realize they have very odd and strange beliefs as well? Romney points out at the beginnig that one very strange belief LDS have is in Noah and the flood.

If nothing else comes of all this religious 'weirdness' debate, hopefully everyone will take a step back and say to themselves - man, my religion is weird as well, why do I believe in this nonsense?
WK: "Joseph Smith asserted that the Book of Mormon peoples were the original inhabitants of the americas"
Will Schryver: "No, he didn’t." 3/19/08
Still waiting for Will to back this up...
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

And at the end these evangelicals all note the Romney might be an ok candidate for them to vote for.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Jason Bourne wrote:This is interesting as these Evangelical sit and talk about how weird LDS doctrine is to them do they not realize they have very odd and strange beliefs as well? Romney points out at the beginnig that one very strange belief LDS have is in Noah and the flood.
Jace, please leave the buy-bull out of any support you attempt to throw towards LDS Inc.

I am tired of Mormons defending "the most correct book" with the "lesser correct book(Bible)"

Many "prophets before you have said that the Book of Mormon and Mormonism will stand on its own..

Come to think of it, even though I hate the rote Mormon saying of "I know the Book of Mormon is TRUE", oddly I have never once heard a Mormon say that about the Bible...

Now get back to your hypocriting :)
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

Jason Bourne wrote:And at the end these evangelicals all note the Romney might be an ok candidate for them to vote for.

Which ones, the "EV's" with the mormon-run website?
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_bcspace
_Emeritus

Post by _bcspace »

Come to think of it, even though I hate the rote Mormon saying of "I know the Book of Mormon is TRUE", oddly I have never once heard a Mormon say that about the Bible...

I KNOW the Bible is TRUE!

I also know that it being translated correctly has little or nothing to do with what is already there, but with what is missing as per 1 Nephi 13:26, 28-29, 32, 34-35, 40 etc.
_Coggins7
_Emeritus

Post by _Coggins7 »

Then perhaps you haven't been around Mormons quite long enough. The four standard works of the Church are "of a piece" in a very real and substantial way. They are the fabric of a much geater tapestry yet to come, but form a harmonius whole. I too testitfy that the Bible is the revealed word of God, and is true so far as it is translated correctly (and the Holy Ghost is just womderful in helping us to overcome those typographical and copying erros in that text, as well as the theological interpolations that exist in our present text here and there. But bc is correct. The real problem with the Bible is not what we have, but the massive loss of material from both Old Testament and New Testament periods).
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

bcspace and coggy,

Spoken like true cult members.

Well besides the fact that coggins is not fully committed to the doctrines.

How about you bcspacecase? How committed to the doctrines of LDS Inc are you?

Or are you like the typical Mormon defender on these boards.. an inactive hypocrite like coggy, Jason, Gaz, and even liz?