Romney, role models and racism

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.

Will romneys heroes shoot him in the foot?

Total votes: 0

_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

Coggins7 wrote:The MMM had, of course, nothing to do with the Church, and no present historical documentation indicates so. "Blood Atonement" is pure myth. There was never such a practice in the Church. The "doctrine" of Blood Atonement was an extrapolation by enemies of the Church of some statements made by Brigham Young and others about, both the nature of Atonement vis a vis Christ's shedding of his blood for our sins, and capital punishment for certain serious crimes, such as murder, in which a major part of the repentance process, restitution, cannot be achieved by the perpetrator. The idea is then that the perpetrator must sacrifice something of equal value to him (his own life), as a partial restitution of what was taken.

I confess I don't know what AG is, but the Church has nothing to own up to as far as the MMM and "Blood Atonement", neither of which ever had anything to do with "The Church" at all.

AG stands for Adam/God doctrine.
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

Jason Bourne wrote:
Coggins7 wrote:The MMM had, of course, nothing to do with the Church, and no present historical documentation indicates so. "Blood Atonement" is pure myth. There was never such a practice in the Church. The "doctrine" of Blood Atonement was an extrapolation by enemies of the Church of some statements made by Brigham Young and others about, both the nature of Atonement vis a vis Christ's shedding of his blood for our sins, and capital punishment for certain serious crimes, such as murder, in which a major part of the repentance process, restitution, cannot be achieved by the perpetrator. The idea is then that the perpetrator must sacrifice something of equal value to him (his own life), as a partial restitution of what was taken.

I confess I don't know what AG is, but the Church has nothing to own up to as far as the MMM and "Blood Atonement", neither of which ever had anything to do with "The Church" at all.

AG stands for Adam/God doctrine.

Don't tell him that. It'l mess up his mind even more. You can only fit so much cognitive dissonance in Coggy.

Hey jason, maybe as a fence sitter you will be black in the next life.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning