Romney, role models and racism

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.

Will romneys heroes shoot him in the foot?

Total votes: 0

_Mercury
_Emeritus

Romney, role models and racism

Post by _Mercury »

Brigham Young is, by definition as a stalwart Mormon, a role model for Romney. he grew up as alot of us did with BY and other tyrants as his personal hero. THey are the Mormon ubermench, these percieved prophets of Mormonism. It is hard to deny that Romney more than likely sees these individuals as role models. THis is the crux of the cultural problems with Mormonism.

Romneys problem is with Mormonism and its problems waiting in the wings. Racism, the Fascist dictatorship of deseret, the polygamy and the galazy of "peculiarness" (a.k.a. weirdness) precludes romneys run for a national office.

The negative attention Mormonism will recieve will throw it further into marginalization. I can't wait. And at the front will be romneys inability to distance himself from the asshats that ran the church in the beginning and even now.

reporter: "cantidate romney, do you see Brigham young as a role model?"
romney: "du...umm, he was a great man..um, its all a couplet...just a couplet!! yah!"

This will leave romney the option of also considering all the good things hitler did.
Last edited by FAST Enterprise [Crawler] on Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

By heroes I'm assuming you mean former church leaders, so I vote yes. If they don't get him, their history sure will. He won't win the Presidency.
Last edited by QuestionEverything on Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

I voted "No" for two reasons. First of all, we don't know who Romney's "heros" are. Assuming that Brigham Young is a hero of Romney's, is like assuming Brigham Young is a hero of mine. And, he definitely isn't. You can't just assume things about people.

Frankly, I don't think it will be Romney's association with the Church that will do him in as far as his candidacy goes. It will be his flip-flopping on policies.
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

liz3564 wrote:I voted "No" for two reasons. First of all, we don't know who Romney's "heros" are. Assuming that Brigham Young is a hero of Romney's, is like assuming Brigham Young is a hero of mine. And, he definitely isn't. You can't just assume things about people.

Frankly, I don't think it will be Romney's association with the Church that will do him in as far as his candidacy goes. It will be his flip-flopping on policies.

Hes a temple reccomend holder, stalwart Mormon. If you do not see joe and briggy as a role model then can you be Mormon? Religions such as Mormonism demand hero worship. To deny hero status to joe and briggy denies their adulations which are percieved as deserving by Mormons.

Romneys heroes are joe and briggy, one a pedophilic bigamist conman, the other a despotic opportunistic polygamist.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Re: Romney, role models and racism

Post by _Jason Bourne »

Brigham Young is, by definition as a stalwart Mormon, a role model for Romney. he grew up as alot of us did with BY and other tyrants as his personal hero. THey are the Mormon ubermench, these percieved prophets of Mormonism. It is hard to deny that Romney more than likely sees these individuals as role models. THis is the crux of the cultural problems with Mormonism.

Not really. I never really was a BY fan evn as a kid. I thought he was rather mean and nasty. You have no idea how Romeny view BY.

Romneys problem is with Mormonism and its problems waiting in the wings. Racism, the Fascist dictatorship of deseret, the polygamy and the galazy of "peculiarness" (a.k.a. weirdness) precludes romneys run for a national office.

Oh sure. Things that happened in the Church 130-150 years ago are laying right at the feet of Romney now. How stupid is this!

The negative attention Mormonism will recieve will throw it further into marginalization. I can't wait. And at the front will be romneys inability to distance himself from the asshats that ran the church in the beginning and even now.

Yes I know, You and PP are both having orgasms over this right and left. I can't wait as well. When he wins then you can cry your sorry butt off for a week or two.

romney: "du...umm, he was a great man..um, its all a couplet...just a couplet!! yah!"

Romney is fairly articulate and will be fine in anwering questoins I am sure.

This will leave romney the option of also considering all the good things hitler did

This from an homory member of the Carthage Greys.
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

liz3564 wrote:I voted "No" for two reasons. First of all, we don't know who Romney's "heros" are. Assuming that Brigham Young is a hero of Romney's, is like assuming Brigham Young is a hero of mine. And, he definitely isn't. You can't just assume things about people.

You overstate the flip flopping. There are two issues that he moved on. For both he was moderate and now he has moved more conservative. And all running have flipped flopped to some degree.
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

Hes a temple reccomend holder, stalwart Mormon. If you do not see joe and briggy as a role model then can you be Mormon?

I hold a recommend and don't see then as role models.

Religions such as Mormonism demand hero worship.

To a certian extent.

To deny hero status to joe and briggy denies their adulations which are percieved as deserving by Mormons.

So what?

Romneys heroes are joe and briggy,

And you know this how?

one a pedophilic bigamist conman, the other a despotic opportunistic polygamist

It has been settled that Smith was not a pedophile. I know you are angry against the LDS Churc hto the point of irrationality. Go take some prozac please. You look more and more foolish with each post.
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Jason Bourne wrote:

You overstate the flip flopping. There are two issues that he moved on. For both he was moderate and now he has moved more conservative. And all running have flipped flopped to some degree.

The problem, though, is that Romney ran on his more moderate views in a VERY liberal state. Now that he is trying to swing the conservative vote his way, he's claiming to have "evolved" to a more conservative stance. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what's happening here.

My guess is that if, by some miracle, he did win the primary, and then the election, his views would "evolve" again to the more moderate side to accommodate the general populace. It would, no doubt be done subtley, but it would happen nonetheless.

We'll never agree on this, Jason, but it's fun arguing with you about it. ;)
_Coggins7
_Emeritus

Post by _Coggins7 »

This will leave romney the option of also considering all the good things hitler did.

You forgot that Romney's ancesters have JEWISH blood in their veins and Romney and the NEOCONS are members of a shadowy secret society that controls all the world's banks and financial institutions, the media, and McDONALD'S, thorugh which it indoctrinates the sheep-like masses with captialtism and the desire to eat red meat. This organization, based in SPANISH FORK Utah, has links to both the TRILATERAL COMMINSSION, THE CARLYLE GROUP, HALLIBURTON, and THE KNIGHTS TEMPLER, through which they orchestrate control of the LDS church in SALT LAKE CITY and from which they will take control of the world through microchips emplated in all pre-packeged taco shells sold at WAL-MART, which will be consumed by hapless Chrsitians, liberals, and other enemies of the MORG until are critical mass of the world's population will have become MORGBOTS. Once enough people have become MORGBOTS, the LDS church, headed by emperor Romney (who will be crowned Supreme Grand Pubah and CEO of Kolob And All Points East), will be able to sap and impurify our precious bodily fluids at will.

People like Vegas have no, utterly no idea in the world of how they actually look. The fact that there is an entire major political party in this country, and many millions of individuals that have come to think in this manner is terrifying in its implications. A free, civil society can absorb and carry a certain minority of people of this kind. But when they begin to reach the numbers we're seeing in our society today, the intellectual and moral carrying capacity of that society becomes an issue in need of serious exploration in its own right.
Last edited by Dr. Sunstoned on Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_Coggins7
_Emeritus

Post by _Coggins7 »

My guess is that if, by some miracle, he did win the primary, and then the election, his views would "evolve" again to the more moderate side to accommodate the general populace. It would, no doubt be done subtley, but it would happen nonethe

One probelm here Liz is that the general populace does not identify itself as "moderate" (whatever that may mean). At least half of the country identifies itself as "conservative", but the other half doesn't identify as "liberal" Some identify as "moderate" (again, whatever that means) and some as "liberal", but only a small portion, perhaps 25% of the electorate is staunchly left wing in their politics. Many who identify as "liberal" are also not sold hook, line, and sinker of "liberaism" as a political and social philosophy. Indeed, it is the squishy, flaccid "moderate" middle that has done much to make politics what it is today: a miasma of apathy and ideological decrepitude within both major parties.

"Moderation", in poliitcal practice, has normall been associated with either outright leftist ideological tendencies or an inability to hold and defend a core, political philosophy. It seems to be the philosophy of the finger in the wind.