Non-reporductive sex of married couples within Mormonism.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Mephitus
_Emeritus

Post by _Mephitus »

to me this fits very neatly within a very easily used controll mechanism of guilt. Using diversions such as this, it can help to maintain the idea, that as long as your not following these supposed "easy principles", you cannot be expected to understand the harder ones. Misdirecting people in this fashion is both an easy cop out, and it also keeps people in line over things that come completely naturaly to people.

that's kinda why when i learned methodology on how to curb the thinking process and how well tied in it was to the teaching of the doctrine, that i was able to seperate the two to make my own decision on things rather than just following out of guilt. Only afterwards of leaving did i find out about the historical and other issues plagueing Mormonism.
One nice thing is, ze game of love is never called on account of darkness - Pepe Le Pew
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Jason

Post by _Gazelam »

Thanks for the refrences , nice work finding those.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Re: Jason

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Gazelam wrote:Thanks for the refrences , nice work finding those.
GASP!

Aren't you going to either label them ANTI or PERSONAL OPINION?