Sister Mary Lisa's Blog-A must read! url inside!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Mephitus
_Emeritus

Post by _Mephitus »

yeah, it is kinda like jokes regarding the 9/11 attacks. the jokes may be funny in their own right, but the accuracy of that it happened is hard to work around.

I found it both funny as a joke and revolting as a equation of if it was done today.(since it really happend)

I still give you props mary for the good writing!
One nice thing is, ze game of love is never called on account of darkness - Pepe Le Pew
_CaliforniaKid
_Emeritus

Post by _CaliforniaKid »

Yeah, I must admit that "funny" wasn't the word that came to mind. Not that I didn't like it. It was very well written. But when I was done reading it I felt, well, slimy.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

harmony wrote:
Dr. Shades wrote:That blog post gets the official "Dr. Shades Stamp of Approval."

Folks, you REALLY NEED to click on that link and read the blog entry. That's the sort of post that has me banging my head against the wall, yelling "Why on earth didn't I think of that??"

I must be the odd (wo)man out, but I didn't find it funny at all. I found it too close to the truth for it to be funny. Brilliant, yes... funny, no. What he did to those women (and girls) is so far outside of acceptable, yet he got away with it! ARGH!

harmony,

What became of these women? Has anyone formally written about their outcomes?

Jersey Girl
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

Jersey Girl wrote:
harmony wrote:
Dr. Shades wrote:That blog post gets the official "Dr. Shades Stamp of Approval."

Folks, you REALLY NEED to click on that link and read the blog entry. That's the sort of post that has me banging my head against the wall, yelling "Why on earth didn't I think of that??"

I must be the odd (wo)man out, but I didn't find it funny at all. I found it too close to the truth for it to be funny. Brilliant, yes... funny, no. What he did to those women (and girls) is so far outside of acceptable, yet he got away with it! ARGH!

harmony,

Jersey Girl

Helen Mar Kimball, Zina Huntington Jacobs, and Eliza Snow are all revered plural wives of leaders of the church (Brigham was husband to both Zina and Eliza, but I don't remember if he had Helen on his list or not).
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Jersey Girl wrote:harmony,

Jersey Girl

Yes. See In Sacred Loneliness: The Plural Wives of Joseph Smith by Todd Compton, published by Signature Books.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_desert_vulture
_Emeritus

Post by _desert_vulture »

Sister, that was inspired fiction. Maybe you could be a prophetess and start a new restored church with it?
_Sister Mary Lisa
_Emeritus

Post by _Sister Mary Lisa »

desert_vulture wrote:Sister, that was inspired fiction. Maybe you could be a prophetess and start a new restored church with it?

Only if you'd promise to join my church, DV. You know I wouldn't wanna do it without you. :)
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

Sister Mary Lisa wrote:
desert_vulture wrote:Sister, that was inspired fiction. Maybe you could be a prophetess and start a new restored church with it?

Only if you'd promise to join my church, DV. You know I wouldn't wanna do it without you. :)

Hey, Sister Mary Lisa, ltns. Excellent work, as usual.

Runtu (a.k.a. Joseph's Left One)
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Sister Mary Lisa
_Emeritus

Post by _Sister Mary Lisa »

Runtu wrote:Hey, Sister Mary Lisa, ltns. Excellent work, as usual.

HEY~ how you doing?! I have missed your blog, my friend. I really have. Yours is the one that inspired me to start my own. Thanks for the compliment on my writing. I sure enjoy doing it.

I never even heard of this board until recently, so I'm sure I'll be around more. I'm having a hard time maintaining balance in life. This internet thing could easily take over and swallow me whole. I have got to get some self-control soon, or it could be the end of me!

Looking forward to more communication with you. :)
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Runtu wrote:
Sister Mary Lisa wrote:
Hey, Sister Mary Lisa, ltns. Excellent work, as usual.

That was you? I read that blog a bit. It kicked ace. Is it still up?

Bond
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07