Sister Mary Lisa's Blog-A must read! url inside!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

Bond...James Bond wrote:That was you? I read that blog a bit. It kicked ace. Is it still up?

Bond

Yeah, that was me. And no, it's not up anymore. One of the compromises I made with my wife was to kill the blog. Sigh.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Runtu wrote:Yeah, that was me. And no, it's not up anymore. One of the compromises I made with my wife was to kill the blog. Sigh.

Too bad. Hopefully you saved some of your writings so you can throw them up in a few years when your wife's an exmo too (wishful thinking of course :)

Bond
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Sister Mary Lisa
_Emeritus

Post by _Sister Mary Lisa »

Runtu wrote:Yeah, that was me. And no, it's not up anymore. One of the compromises I made with my wife was to kill the blog. Sigh.

Seriously, it put some of us into a month-long depression when he killed it. Recovery is still a process.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

Bond...James Bond wrote:Too bad. Hopefully you saved some of your writings so you can throw them up in a few years when your wife's an exmo too (wishful thinking of course :)

Bond

Well, you can get at them through Google, but no, I didn't save any of it (although I think I saved a copy of my piece on strip malls). I really enjoyed blogging, but when it gets in the way of personal relationships, you have to prioritize.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Sister Mary Lisa
_Emeritus

Runtu wrote:Well, you can get at them through Google, but no, I didn't save any of it (although I think I saved a copy of my piece on strip malls). I really enjoyed blogging, but when it gets in the way of personal relationships, you have to prioritize.

Are you positive? Are you sure? (I've been trying to ignore that naggling sense I've been getting from my man that he's displeased with my blogging.......)
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

Sister Mary Lisa wrote:
Runtu wrote:Well, you can get at them through Google, but no, I didn't save any of it (although I think I saved a copy of my piece on strip malls). I really enjoyed blogging, but when it gets in the way of personal relationships, you have to prioritize.

Are you positive? Are you sure? (I've been trying to ignore that naggling sense I've been getting from my man that he's displeased with my blogging.......)

There wasn't just a nagging sense. Oh, well. It's all in the past, as they say. I'm sorry you're dealing with the same thing.
Runtu's Rincón

_Sister Mary Lisa
_Emeritus

Runtu wrote:There wasn't just a nagging sense. Oh, well. It's all in the past, as they say. I'm sorry you're dealing with the same thing.

Well, I must admit, I never quit blogging, and he DID recently start up his own blog after he actually sat down with me twice and let me show him why I enjoy those blogs I read and how fun it is to have banter with others in the comments. I think what he is hating most is that I seem obsessed with getting on the computer and checking my comments for replies etc....I do it at work while I work so it's become habit, and I do need to find a way to make it less of a constant thing. Our computer room is away from the living room where I used to hang out with him all the time, so he feels like I'm abandoning him for some reason. And he just doesn't get how I can find the reading on the computer more compelling than American Idol and The Apprentice.

Sigh.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Sister Mary Lisa wrote:
Seriously, it put some of us into a month-long depression when he killed it. Recovery is still a process.

If SamueltheUtahnite was to kill his blog I'd be in mourning for at least a month with little chance of recovery. Talk about indepth and encompassing, that guy lives and breathes Mormonism.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Sister Mary Lisa
_Emeritus

Plus, my hubby's a never-mo so he doesn't understand my need to discuss and read about it. He will never understand that.
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Great blog, Mary Lisa!

Harmony is right. It's funny in a tragic sort of way.

:(
Last edited by _Yoda on Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.