In Search of Froggie

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

why me wrote: I am not in the mood for big green hugs from a poster who has no intention of actually meaning it. Her big green hugs used to piss me off because I knew that she did not mean to give a hug...it became just a 'cute' saying by a critic who had no intention of 'hugging' the faithful lds posters at FAIR/MAD.

Now do you understand why "Regards, Pahoran" and all the "Regards" copycats irritate some people?
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

I always thought Froggie's "big green hugs" were cute. LOL

She is an active Mormon by the way. We exchanged a couple of PM's before I was booted off of MAD. I don't have her email address. She was one of the fatalities of people I lost touch with due to my banning.

It would be great to have her here. She is very intelligent, and I think she would have a lot to offer. Like her or not, she is well versed on LDS scripture and culture.

I think her "big green hugs" was her attempt to "break bread at the end of the day".

I would love to see Froggie and BC go at it. I would bring the popcorn for that match. LOL
_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

I never thought froggie to be active lds. In fact just the opposite. However, her big green hugs would usually follow criticism of the lds faith. I have never read her to be positive about anything the church has to offer. Perhaps in PM's she is different. But her big greeen hugs usually left a bad taste in my mouth because I never felt that she meant it. And I still don't.
_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

Bond...James Bond wrote:
why me wrote: I am not in the mood for big green hugs from a poster who has no intention of actually meaning it. Her big green hugs used to piss me off because I knew that she did not mean to give a hug...it became just a 'cute' saying by a critic who had no intention of 'hugging' the faithful lds posters at FAIR/MAD.

Now do you understand why "Regards, Pahoran" and all the "Regards" copycats irritate some people?

No, I don't. Regards can be a common expression without demonstrative understandings. But 'big green hugs' comes across as a pisser when criticizing another's faith and then give that person whose faith one is being critical of, a 'big green hug'.

Do you see my point?
_guy sajer
_Emeritus

Post by _guy sajer »

liz3564 wrote:I always thought Froggie's "big green hugs" were cute. LOL

She is an active Mormon by the way. We exchanged a couple of PM's before I was booted off of MAD. I don't have her email address. She was one of the fatalities of people I lost touch with due to my banning.

It would be great to have her here. She is very intelligent, and I think she would have a lot to offer. Like her or not, she is well versed on LDS scripture and culture.

I think her "big green hugs" was her attempt to "break bread at the end of the day".

I would love to see Froggie and BC go at it. I would bring the popcorn for that match. LOL

Froggie is not active LDS. She was, but undercover apostate for a while, now she is out, although not being showing about it.

I liked her "big green hugs," it was a cute (if a guy can use this word) signature line. As for Why Me, allow me quote John Riggins, "loosen up baby, you're too tight."
God . . . "who mouths morals to other people and has none himself; who frowns upon crimes, yet commits them all; who created man without invitation, . . . and finally, with altogether divine obtuseness, invites this poor, abused slave to worship him ..."
_Rollo Tomasi
_Emeritus

Re: In Search of Froggie

Post by _Rollo Tomasi »

Jersey Girl wrote:Froggie, oh Froggie, where are ye?

I miss Froggie, too. My kingdom, my kingdom, for some big green hugs!!!
"Moving beyond apologist persuasion, LDS polemicists furiously (and often fraudulently) attack any non-traditional view of Mormonism. They don't mince words -- they mince the truth."

-- Mike Quinn, writing of the FARMSboys, in "Early Mormonism and the Magic World View," p. x (Rev. ed. 1998)
_guy sajer
_Emeritus

Post by _guy sajer »

guy sajer wrote:
liz3564 wrote:I always thought Froggie's "big green hugs" were cute. LOL

Froggie is not active LDS. She was, but undercover apostate for a while, now she is out, although not being showy about it.

I liked her "big green hugs," it was a cute (if a guy can use this word) signature line. As for Why Me, allow me quote John Riggins, "loosen up baby, you're too tight."
God . . . "who mouths morals to other people and has none himself; who frowns upon crimes, yet commits them all; who created man without invitation, . . . and finally, with altogether divine obtuseness, invites this poor, abused slave to worship him ..."
_Alter Idem
_Emeritus

Post by _Alter Idem »

I don't remember, was Froggie banned or was she carried away in the cyber currents? I don't remember when she left FAIR. I'd always get a chuckle when Juliann addressed Froggie and ended her post with "big green croaks". It hit my quirky funny bone.

Why me, I know what you are referring to with Froggie. There are a couple of posters on both sides of the fence there at MADB/FAIR whose "sweetness" has a hostile edge to it. Though I didn't agree with her much, I hope she'll join the board. The more the merrier!
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Alter Idem wrote:I don't remember, was Froggie banned or was she carried away in the cyber currents?

Just checked, banned.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

Alter Idem wrote:I don't remember, was Froggie banned or was she carried away in the cyber currents? I don't remember when she left FAIR. I'd always get a chuckle when Juliann addressed Froggie and ended her post with "big green croaks". It hit my quirky funny bone.

Why me, I know what you are referring to with Froggie. There are a couple of posters on both sides of the fence there at MADB/FAIR whose "sweetness" has a hostile edge to it. Though I didn't agree with her much, I hope she'll join the board. The more the merrier!

Hugs can be hostile? Wow, ya learn something every day!