TBM's...we all know

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

TBM's...we all know

Post by _Jersey Girl »

what you don't like about this board. Would you mind sharing what you DO like about it? Just wondering about that.

Jersey Girl
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Alter Idem
_Emeritus

Post by _Alter Idem »

Hi Jersey Girl, er, 55 views and no responses... Seems like there might be some ambivalence about the board from TBM's...or maybe they haven't seen this thread yet. Anyway, I'll start.

I first came to the board to find out what the heck was going on at FAIR. If I noticed someone was banned or suspended I could find out what happened here. I know some here don't care about what happens at MADB, but since I post there also, I'm interested in the goings on. I don't agree with a lot of the criticism, but I can wade through it to find out what I want to know.

Now, I stay because I genuinely like a number of the posters here. Granted, I pretty much limit my reading to the Terrestrial and Celestial areas (sometimes I check the off-topic area) so I have no idea what they act like when they let their hair down in the Telestial forum. I get a chuckle from some of the posts-some can be pretty entertaining. I also find that many posters here are very intelligent and they force me to think about my religious beliefs--but I'm lucky; while some claim to have lost faith through this process, mine has only been strengthened.

I read Mr. Scratch's guide to Mopologists--I look forward to reading new profiles when he adds them. He's pretty entertaining.

I also read Dr. Shades Webexiles log. If I didn't, I never would have realized why some posters just quit posting at MADB.
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

It's another place for me to contribute nothing of substance…

And I like quite a few of the posters here (that have been exiled from MA&D). I signed up for Shade's board long ago (right after he was banned [I believe it was from a thread on the Egyptian "Deer" and "Horse"], but only posted a few times, and then there was the conversion... and finally a couple of weeks ago, I decided to sign back up.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Mister Scratch »

Alter Idem wrote:Hi Jersey Girl, er, 55 views and no responses... Seems like there might be some ambivalence about the board from TBM's...or maybe they haven't seen this thread yet. Anyway, I'll start.

I first came to the board to find out what the heck was going on at FAIR. If I noticed someone was banned or suspended I could find out what happened here. I know some here don't care about what happens at MADB, but since I post there also, I'm interested in the goings on. I don't agree with a lot of the criticism, but I can wade through it to find out what I want to know.

Now, I stay because I genuinely like a number of the posters here. Granted, I pretty much limit my reading to the Terrestrial and Celestial areas (sometimes I check the off-topic area) so I have no idea what they act like when they let their hair down in the Telestial forum. I get a chuckle from some of the posts-some can be pretty entertaining. I also find that many posters here are very intelligent and they force me to think about my religious beliefs--but I'm lucky; while some claim to have lost faith through this process, mine has only been strengthened.

I read Mr. Scratch's guide to Mopologists--I look forward to reading new profiles when he adds them. He's pretty entertaining.

I also read Dr. Shades Webexiles log. If I didn't, I never would have realized why some posters just quit posting at MADB.

Wow! (blushing) Thank you very much for that compliment, A.I.. There are a few party poopers, but I think that the majority of readers understand that the blog is for entertainment, which it is. Thanks again!