DCP "Busts" Me

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

liz3564 wrote:
Runtu wrote:I guess I wonder what exactly she's reading.

Well...when you go into the "Search" function, and enter obscenities, guess what you're going to read?

That's what she does, and has admitted it in writing on MAD!

"Seek [vulgarity] and ye shall find [vulgarity]," I suppose.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Mister Scratch »

asbestosman wrote:
Mister Scratch wrote:It was a joke. Do you have the sense of humor of a rock or something?

That may be true. In fact I suspect it is likely in this case because I doubt that you seriously thought you'd regain posting privileges on MA&D. That said, let me tell you something my mother taught me. My mother's father--my grandfather--was apparently wont to say hurtful things to my mother. Whenever she was hurt from it he would tell her that it was just a joke.

Now, thanks to that, I try to be careful not to use humor to excuse myself from hurting someone even if I truly meant a comment as a joke. Recently I hurt my brother that way, but I didn't dare use the humor excuse even though it was true.

Scratch, your blog may be humorous to you and me, but I'm getting the feeling that many find it malicious. Because of that I am having second thoughts about it. I'm not asking you to take it down, but I hope you'll consider how your joke is hurting other people. I certainly hope that hurting others wasn't the intent (or one of the intentions) of your blog.

I have considered this ABman. I offered to Shades to completely remove the blog during the whole Mr. Itchy debacle. I also have a standing offer to remove any portion of it which people are upset over. As a result, I made revisions to the dossiers of Pahoran (of all people!) and Dadof7. I later had to restore some of the material in Dadof7's dossier, because it turns out that he was the moderator who unfairly banned me. If he'd like to apologize for his behavior, I will remove his entire dossier. That is a promise that has been standing for several months now.
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

VegasRefugee wrote:
liz3564 wrote:
Ray A wrote:
liz3564 wrote:I can't help but love Scratch. He's so cute! It's that animal magnatism. He's the "Curious George" of MDB. ;)

Love ya, Scratch!

Understandably, we all have our biases. And I happen to hold Dan Peterson in very high regard.

So do I.

Why, specifically do you hold him in high regard?

An excellent question, Vegas. I will wait patiently for Ray to enlighten me.
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

Mister Scratch wrote:I have considered this ABman. I offered to Shades to completely remove the blog during the whole Mr. Itchy debacle. I also have a standing offer to remove any portion of it which people are upset over. As a result, I made revisions to the dossiers of Pahoran (of all people!) and Dadof7. I later had to restore some of the material in Dadof7's dossier, because it turns out that he was the moderator who unfairly banned me. If he'd like to apologize for his behavior, I will remove his entire dossier. That is a promise that has been standing for several months now.

So it seems that the blog exists at least in part for the purpose of ridicule or revenge. Otherwise why put Dadof7's stuff back up for banning you. Sound like revenge to me and not good-natured entertainment.
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

asbestosman wrote:
Mister Scratch wrote:I have considered this ABman. I offered to Shades to completely remove the blog during the whole Mr. Itchy debacle. I also have a standing offer to remove any portion of it which people are upset over. As a result, I made revisions to the dossiers of Pahoran (of all people!) and Dadof7. I later had to restore some of the material in Dadof7's dossier, because it turns out that he was the moderator who unfairly banned me. If he'd like to apologize for his behavior, I will remove his entire dossier. That is a promise that has been standing for several months now.

So it seems that the blog exists at least in part for the purpose of ridicule or revenge.

Yes, in part it does. But only a very small part. It sort of like how only a very small part of DCP's posts are "for the purpose of ridicule or revenge."

Otherwise why put Dadof7's stuff back up for banning you.

It's not just the "banning." It is the unfairness behind the banning. If you want to explain to me why I should shrug my shoulders and say, "Oh, well", I am all ears. My offer still stands to DaddyMO/Dadof7---who, in addition to the banning, also shunned me after he had queued me.

Sound like revenge to me and not good-natured entertainment.

Oh, well.
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

Mister Scratch wrote:My offer still stands to DaddyMO/Dadof7---who, in addition to the banning, also shunned me after he had queued me.

I'll spell it out for you Scratch. Whether or not Dadof7 is justified or unjustified in thinking you're a liar, people generally don't like to hang around those they perceive as liars.
Last edited by Analytics on Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

Mister Scratch wrote:An excellent question, Vegas. I will wait patiently for Ray to enlighten me.

I was posting a reply, but it got mysteriously swallowed up. Must be a "tweak" somewhere. I'll try again later.
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

I take offence to Scratch being compared to Curious George. Curious George is neither purposely destructive nor narcissistic.
Last edited by Steeler [Crawler] on Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

Gazelam wrote:Image

I take offence to Scratch being compared to Curious George. Curious George is neither destructive nor narcissistic.

That wasn't very nice, Gaz.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_richardMdBorn
_Emeritus

Post by _richardMdBorn »

asbestosman wrote:
Mister Scratch wrote:My offer still stands to DaddyMO/Dadof7---who, in addition to the banning, also shunned me after he had queued me.

I'll spell it out for you Scratch. Whether or not Dadof7 is justified or unjustified in thinking you're a liar, people generally don't like to hang around those they perceive as liars.
Does that account for the high attrition rate of Joseph Smith's followers from 1830-1844.