DCP "Busts" Me

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

Runtu wrote:I find it highly ironic that they criticize us for hanging out here,

I think you misunderstand. I think they criticize me and other TBMs for hanging out here. They are defending their reasons for not participating here themselves. They are also criticizing the peurile and sexual humor one finds. While most of it may be in the Telestial forum, even this forum has that which I wouldn't recommend to my TBM friends. Apparently even the Celestial forum has had some stuff in it although I grant that I don't remember since I rarely participate there--which only reflects on me all the less flatteringly.
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

asbestosman wrote:
Runtu wrote:I find it highly ironic that they criticize us for hanging out here,

I think you misunderstand. I think they criticize me and other TBMs for hanging out here. They are defending their reasons for not participating here themselves. They are also criticizing the peurile and sexual humor one finds. While most of it may be in the Telestial forum, even this forum has that which I wouldn't recommend to my TBM friends. Apparently even the Celestial forum has had some stuff in it although I grant that I don't remember since I rarely participate there--which only reflects on me all the less flatteringly.

Yeah, I guess you're right. I guess I'm still just smarting that the day I decided to give up on this forum and give MAD another chance (at the request of a MAD poster), I got banned. That to me is the ultimate irony. I like it here well enough, but I could certainly do without a lot of the crap.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Ray wrote:Your loyal following here seems quite blind and obsequiously forgiving to your own errors and distortions, not to mention your premature speculations which at one stage had your credibility seriously on the line. Admit it Scratch, you love a headline and a sensational claim, even when you don't have any facts to back up your speculations. You love to get the gossip-mill rolling, regardless of the truth.

I can't help but love Scratch. He's so cute! It's that animal magnatism. He's the "Curious George" of MDB. ;)

Love ya, Scratch!

_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

liz3564 wrote:I can't help but love Scratch. He's so cute! It's that animal magnatism. He's the "Curious George" of MDB. ;)

Love ya, Scratch!

Understandably, we all have our biases. And I happen to hold Dan Peterson in very high regard.
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Ray A wrote:
liz3564 wrote:I can't help but love Scratch. He's so cute! It's that animal magnatism. He's the "Curious George" of MDB. ;)

Love ya, Scratch!

Understandably, we all have our biases. And I happen to hold Dan Peterson in very high regard.

So do I.
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

liz3564 wrote:
Ray A wrote:

Love ya, Scratch!

So do I.

Why, specifically do you hold him in high regard?

I see Dan as a pseudohistorian just like the atlantean nutcases and "ancient astronaut" proponents, neither of which are credible.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Why, specifically do you hold him in high regard?

I respect his work. I respect anyone who puts in the kind of time it takes to get a PhD. I'm a PhD candidate now at UNCG, but it's very slow going.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

asbestosman wrote:

I think you misunderstand. I think they criticize me and other TBMs for hanging out here. They are defending their reasons for not participating here themselves. They are also criticizing the puerile and sexual humor one finds. While most of it may be in the Telestial forum, even this forum has that which I wouldn't recommend to my TBM friends. Apparently even the Celestial forum has had some stuff in it although I grant that I don't remember since I rarely participate there--which only reflects on me all the less flatteringly.

That is right, Asbestosman also was challenged for his posting here. I don't think it was a criticism of Asbestos, so much as a criticism of this forum. After all, they read this forum continuously, and it they can stand it, so can Why Me and Asbestos. Perhaps Juliann should have merely said, "pip pip, carry on with a stiff upper lip and your nose held high in the air for the honor of Church and Empire".
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

moksha wrote:That is right, Asbestosman also was challenged for his posting here. I don't think it was a criticism of Asbestos, so much as a criticism of this forum. After all, they read this forum continuously, and it they can stand it, so can Why Me and Asbestos. Perhaps Juliann should have merely said, "pip pip, carry on with a stiff upper lip and your nose held high in the air for the honor of Church and Empire".

I guess I wonder what exactly she's reading. I see the occasional offensive post, but it's nothing like the sewer pit Juliann describes. Maybe it's just in the eye of the beholder. I'm far more concerned about the level of personal attack here than I am about vulgarity, though I have to say that bad language detracts from the conversation for me. Yeah, I know, I've used bad language before (usually when I've been angry), but I've tried to be better.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Runtu wrote:I guess I wonder what exactly she's reading.

Well...when you go into the "Search" function, and enter obscenities, guess what you're going to read?

That's what she does, and has admitted it in writing on MAD!