Steel in America during the time of the Book of Mormon

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

beastie wrote:I also echo what others have said to whyme - it's most emphatically not a matter of opinion. It is a matter of either accepting the information that those who have spend decades studying ancient Mesoamerica and working in the field provide on the subject, or out-and-out rejecting it in the hopes that one day, future evidence will support the existence of metallurgy in ancient Mesoamerica.

People have the right to reject information, no matter how well substantiated it is. They just don't have the right to make up facts to justify that rejection.

I made up no facts. I just ventured an opinion about it and my own take on it. It was not a scholarly take on steel but it was my opinion. In fact, I keep an open mind about it all and register it in my brain. But the steel thing doesn't affect my attitude toward the Book of Mormon. One must look at the total picture of the book and not nitpick one's way through it.

Again, I offered two sites without my comment about the sites. The critics assumed many things when I did so but that it is not my problem. People can assume whatever they want.
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

New theory

Post by _Gazelam »

I was googling Book of Mormon archeology and stumbled across this article. I don't agree with the guy, but some of you might find this interesting, Book of Mormon in Malaysia!:

http://www.sunstoneonline.com/magazine/issues/131/30-34_a_Olsen_book%20of%20mormon%20lands.pdf
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato