Was the Kingdom of God restored to the earth or not?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_grampa75
_Emeritus

Was the Kingdom of God restored to the earth or not?

Post by _grampa75 »

I would like to point out a few scriptures in relation to the restoration of the Church or Kingdom of God on earth.
Acts 3: 20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
21. Whom the heaven must receive until the TIMES OF THE RESTITUTION OF ALL THINGS, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
22. For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of YOUR BRETHREN, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.
23. And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

Apparently it is prophesied that Christ is supposed to come and restore the Kingdom of God to prepare the earth for His second coming. WE have to ask ourselves; Why would anything at all have to be restored if it had remained on the earth since the time of Christ? It isn't written that Christ will restore SOME things, it is written that Christ shall restore ALL things.

When Daniel was called before Nebuchadnezzar to reveal the meaning of Neb's dream, this was that interpretation as it is written in Daniel 2.

27. The secret which the king hath demanded cannot the wise men, the astrologers, the magicians, the soothsayers, shew unto the king.
28. But there is a God in heaven that revealeth secrets, and maketh known to the king Nebuchadnezzar what shall be in the LATTER DAYS. Thy dream, and the visions of thy head upon thy bed, are these. 29, 30, 31, 32, 33,
34. Thou sawest until a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and break them in pieces.
35. The stone became a great mountain and filled the whole earth.
37. Thou, O king, art a king of kings; for the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom, power, and strength, and glory.
44. And in the days of those kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destoyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

I would suggest you take the time again to read Daniel 2 over again. It prophesies that after Nebuchadnezzar's kingdom becomes divided into ten separate kingdoms, then God will set up a kingdom on the earth which will be left to God's people, meaning any person who will live by the laws of God and honor the holy name of Jesus Christ.
The tenth kingdom of the earth from Nebuchadnezzar was the kingdom of Greece, which became a kingdom in 1828. Which time of course, the Book of Mormon had been given to Joseph Smith along with the Urim and Thummim, which is still in the hands of the Church today.
The kingdom of Greece fulfills the prophecy of Daniel down to the very day of Greece becoming a kingdom.

What the scriptures tell me is that the authority to officiate in the Kingdom of God was taken from the earth at the death of the apostles. And Jesus Christ did come down as the book of Acts reveals to us, and Christ sees to it that everything that was needed to officiate in the Kingdom of God and prepare for the coming of Christ. Just the mention of everything having to be restored to the earth tells me, that something had to be missing in the Churches of the time.
There is quite a bit more but I don't know how long of a post you can enter, so I will leave it at that.

grampa75
Paul W. Burt
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Re: Was the Kingdom of God restored to the earth or not?

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

grampa75 wrote:The tenth kingdom of the earth from Nebuchadnezzar was the kingdom of Greece, which became a kingdom in 1828. Which time of course, the Book of Mormon had been given to Joseph Smith along with the Urim and Thummim, which is still in the hands of the Church today.

Greece declared independence in1821, but didn't actually achieve official independence until 1832 with the Treaty of Constantinople.

I'd also like to hear an official listing of the 10 Kingdoms since Nebuchadnezzar.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_truth dancer
_Emeritus

Post by _truth dancer »

What in the world is the kingdom of God?

in my opinion, if there were a God/man/being, the kingdom would be the entire universe.

in my opinion, if there were a God, there would be no need whatsoever to have some sort of power given to a few men who think there are the chosen, unless of course that power was needed to run the earth or something.

Seems to me there is the power of the universe existing in everything that is. The universe runs quite well all by itself.

I just don't get this whole line of thinking... sounds more like something originating from the tribal nomads who were hung up on power a few thousand years ago... ;-)

~dancer~
"The search for reality is the most dangerous of all undertakings for it destroys the world in which you live." Nisargadatta Maharaj