The Webelo reports: Juliann makes sockpuppet allegations

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

The Webelo reports: Juliann makes sockpuppet allegations

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

On the thread "Fun with Alvin, Beaver, Caleb, Doogie, & Eeyore" at good ole MAD juliann dropped this allegation:

juliann wrote:
QUOTE(Severian @ Mar 17 2007, 06:35 PM)

Since when are academics above a good pie throw or mud wrestle? I imagine Dr. Peterson could do pratt falls and belly bumps with the best of them.

The difficulty in pulling off a sock puppet routine is in not consistently reverting to your former lame drive-bys. You weren't real funny as Moksha, either.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Well, I think the secret to pulling off a good sock puppet routine is to have people cover up for you. Just ask the Z trolls and Mr. Itchy.

Jersey Girl
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_moksha
_Emeritus

Re: The Webelo reports: Juliann makes sockpuppet allegation

Post by _moksha »

Bond...James Bond wrote:On the thread "Fun with Alvin, Beaver, Caleb, Doogie, & Eeyore" at good ole MAD juliann dropped this allegation:

juliann wrote:

Since when are academics above a good pie throw or mud wrestle? I imagine Dr. Peterson could do pratt falls and belly bumps with the best of them.

The difficulty in pulling off a sock puppet routine is in not consistently reverting to your former lame drive-bys. You weren't real funny as Moksha, either.

Yikes, and Severian was trying to actually defend Dr. Peterson. Oh well, I suppose Juliann is entitled to revert to former behaviors too.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Re: The Webelo reports: Juliann makes sockpuppet allegation

Post by _Mister Scratch »

Bond...James Bond wrote:On the thread "Fun with Alvin, Beaver, Caleb, Doogie, & Eeyore" at good ole MAD juliann dropped this allegation:

juliann wrote:

Wow... I'm stunned! Say it ain't so, Moksha... (Besides, wasn't your normal screenname "un-banned")?
_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

Well, of course, Moksha hasn't denied it. It seems that maybe, just maybe that Moksha was using a sockpuppet. But if so, the mighty arm of Why Me would embrace this poster in a true sign of forgiveness. For after all, let those without a sockpuppet sin cast the first stone.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Where you aware that Severian is of the Order of the Seekers of Truth and Penitence? Moksha had a lot to be penitent for over at FAIR. Juliann once told him he was the most complained about poster. It was always unclear to him whether that signaled if he was doing well or poorly. Severian has been much more circumspect in the material he posts at MAD, knowing what a low boiling point the moderators have with intentional humor.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

Moksha,

Don't listen to them. I think you are very funny. You almost always get a giggle out of me.
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_Great Cthulhu
_Emeritus

Post by _Great Cthulhu »

moksha wrote:Where you aware that Severian is of the Order of the Seekers of Truth and Penitence?

I thought it was the wandering torturer, Severian, from The Book of the New Sun.

Moksha had a lot to be penitent for over at FAIR. Juliann once told him he was the most complained about poster. It was always unclear to him whether that signaled if he was doing well or poorly. Severian has been much more circumspect in the material he posts at MAD, knowing what a low boiling point the moderators have with intentional humor.

I agree with beastie. Your jokes tickle my tentacles whether I read them at FAIR, or MAD, or here, or on some other boards where I've seen you post (well... some funny person named Moksha). You are one to keep around.

Edit: correct spelling of "tentacles" ... "tenticles" was too much like "testicles" and that's not what Moksha tickles on me.
_Pokatator
_Emeritus

Post by _Pokatator »

Moksha is my hero.

I love his drive-by humor.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Why hasn't Severian been immediately tossed out on his behind and banned? They must need him for something. And where are all the mods? Why haven't they shut down at least one of those threads as personal? Oh that's right, I forgot it's a game. My mistake.

Jersey Girl
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb