There is much the LDS have to offer the world in knowledge

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_grampa75
_Emeritus

There is much the LDS have to offer the world in knowledge

Post by _grampa75 »

I would just like to say that being LDS for nearly 70 years,(time I was baptized) has blessed my life abundantly in knowledge and understanding of the plan that God inacted at the end of the first earth at the council in heaven.
I have finally come to realize that mere man cannot create a better plan than the one God created. If you know that all of us never had a beginning but we existed for all time first as the spirit entity known to us now as "Intelligence" and then from Intelligence to human kind, from human kind to spirit in the form or shape of the body the Intelligence inhabited, then you could possible try and create your own plan.
You first have to realize that a being who knew everything there was to know so far as logical information was concerned, but totally lacked in emotion, then try and create your own plan.
Take time to think about that and ask yourself; How would I fare when given a body of flesh and bone and granting me all the powers that are common to man; hearing, seeing, tasteing, feeling, and so on; and dealing with all the desires, appetites, and passions that are common to man but not common to Intelligence?
When you begin to create your plan, call upon the wisest people you know of to assist you. Then call upon the most loving and tender hearted people to assist you. Take all the time you need. Then let's say after one hundred years you finally arrive at what you would consider the most perfect of all plans. Then realize that God would have a much better one.
To any LDS the plan is to teach man to live a perfect life without sin and to become as perfect as our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Ephesians 4: 11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12. For the PERFECTING OF THE SAINTS for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ;
13. Till we ALL COME in the unity of the faith and the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man. (read the perfection we are supposed to arrive at here) UNTO THE MEASURE OF THE STATURE OF THE FULLNESS OF CHRIST.
The Ten Commandments were not given to us to hold men back from enjoying life to its fullest. They were given as a road map to living a life full of joy and happiness.
It is like the Book of Mormon and what it reveals to us; "There is NO HAPPINESS in UNRIGHTOUSNESS.
To me, I would like to discuss the future history of the earth and how much we know about it.
LDS should know, for example, where God came from.
LDS should also know what the plan of God really is.
LDS should also know the complete future history of our earth down to the very last day of its existence as an earth.
LDS should know the cause of the great cataclysm, or tribulation that is going to strike the unsuspecting world where it is written that fire will cause all of earth's water to boil and the mountains to melt.
LDS should know what the three degrees of heaven really are.

It makes me really sad to know that so many people are going to die in the most ignominious manner.

Isaiah 5: My people have gone astray because they have NO knowledge. Therefore hell hath enlarged herself and gapped open her mouth without measure.

If anyone would like to know how to surive the most terrible cataclysm known to mankind that is so soon going to happen on our earth, then e-mail me and I can give you about 50 prophecies to question or ponder. It is not that I know anything at all, but I do communicate with the Holy Spirit and I can tell you that HE knows it all.
grampa75
Paul W. Burt
_Sethbag
_Emeritus

Post by _Sethbag »

That's really great. I've got a question for ya Grampa75. What do you mean by "at the end of the first earth"?
Mormonism ceased being a compelling topic for me when I finally came to terms with its transformation from a personality cult into a combination of a real estate company, a SuperPac, and Westboro Baptist Church. - Kishkumen
_gramps
_Emeritus

Post by _gramps »

Hi grandpa75.

You've got yourself hold of some mighty fine stuff! I haven't had these thoughts since back in the days when good Columbian was available.

Peace, gramps
I detest my loose style and my libertine sentiments. I thank God, who has removed from my eyes the veil...
Adrian Beverland
_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

I just love grampa75. He is going to be a tremendous asset to this board. I nominate grandpa75 to be the moderator of the Telestial threads. He would get those lazy buggers back on track. Do you hear me Shades!!

Stick around grandpa75. I like ya.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

why me wrote:I just love grampa75. He is going to be a tremendous asset to this board. I nominate grandpa75 to be the moderator of the Telestial threads. He would get those lazy buggers back on track. Do you hear me Shades!!

I like him, too. It's kind of refreshing to see someone who believes in the absolute goodness and rightness of Mormonism. I hope he stays a good long time.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_wenglund
_Emeritus

Post by _wenglund »

Runtu wrote:
why me wrote:I just love grampa75. He is going to be a tremendous asset to this board. I nominate grandpa75 to be the moderator of the Telestial threads. He would get those lazy buggers back on track. Do you hear me Shades!!

I like him, too. It's kind of refreshing to see someone who believes in the absolute goodness and rightness of Mormonism. I hope he stays a good long time.

I agree with these sentiments, and I hope that gramps75's fine example will cause these kinds of positive expressions of belief and faith (whatever one's world view) to one day predominate here.

Thanks, -Wade Englund-
_grampa75
_Emeritus

Post by _grampa75 »

Sethbag wrote:That's really great. I've got a question for ya Grampa75. What do you mean by "at the end of the first earth"?

Sorry about that should have explained. LDS now believe that as one earth passes away a new one begins. As St. John said, "I saw a new heaven and a new earth." This earth will become the Celestial Kingdom of heaven, (and all other degrees of heaven so far as that is concerned." as so after this earth has become the new heaven that John saw, then God will create a new earth.
Also there is a verse written in the book "Pearl of Great Price" Scripture to LDS, wherein is recorded a dialong between Moses and God which elicits to my mind at least, a very poignant question. God says: "The worlds I have created are without number to man, BUT THEY ARE NUMBERED UNTO ME as the hairs of your head are numbered unto me, for they are mine and I know them."
If we were to ask God to measure space for us and give us an answer as to exactly how far it was across all of space; could God give us the answer we requested? Absolutely not? And why? Because of the fact that space in endless and even God cannot number or measure the endless. If space did have an end in our finite way of thinking, then we would have to realize that there would also have to be an end to that end in the same finite way of thinking. So that question alone eliminates that possibility of there being an end to space.
So the question that is elicited in the Pearl of Great Price is; If God cannot measure space because it has no end, then how is that he can number the worlds He has create if there was not a first earth?
There is much more infomation that is elicited by that verse but I will allow anyone else to ponder that verse and find those questions since I would be getting off tract.
grampa75
Paul W. Burt
_grampa75
_Emeritus

Post by _grampa75 »

gramps wrote:Hi grandpa75.

You've got yourself hold of some mighty fine stuff! I haven't had these thoughts since back in the days when good Columbian was available.

Peace, gramps

Very good saying: ha ha
Paul W. Burt
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

wenglund wrote:
Runtu wrote:

I agree with these sentiments, and I hope that gramps75's fine example will cause these kinds of positive expressions of belief and faith (whatever one's world view) to one day predominate here.

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

Well, I'm impressed that a 75 year old man has figured out how to operate a computer and post on an internet bulletin board. He's a credit to his generation.
_grampa75
_Emeritus

Post by _grampa75 »

Runtu wrote:

Well, thank you so much you people. It is nive to be liked. When I was a Colonel in the 4th Marines, I never found too many people that liked me. LOL
Paul W. Burt