TO DANCER ON THE WORD, WORD

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_grampa75
_Emeritus

TO DANCER ON THE WORD, WORD

Post by _grampa75 »

Dancer

I like the answer on what your atheistic friend had to say. Atheism is a belief also; it is belief that there is no God. Personally dancer I believe as Joseph Smith believed; that there is only one true religion here on this earth, and through study and prayer and the inspiration of the Holy Spirit all people who are on the quest for truth will eventually find it.

If you were to take a college class on the study of religious history, I know that you your-self would eliminate a great many religions that had an American beginning. Then if you study all religions, I am sure you would discover that nothing you study would be satisfy-ing to your inner being.

The LDS religion is strictly a family oriented religion. Most everything that is taught is usually a teaching that will draw your family closer together.

The LDS does not practice Priestcraft, which means that we have no paid ministers. Eve-ryone in the Church has to do whatever he or she are called to do in their spare time and earn a living for their family full time. Of course the General Authorities of the Church are sustained by some of the businesses that are owned by the Church or has been left to the Church by someone.

God does punish people for sin, that’s a fact. That seems to be the only way that man will ever learn that if you sin you will only be unhappy in the end.

The Ten Commandments were given to us as a guide to happiness. If you totally live the Ten Commandments the Lord will be with you no matter what circumstance you may find yourself having to bear. It is written that when Christ is finished with us dancer that we will reach a state of perfection that is equal with the perfection of Christ. (Ephesians 4: 11-13)

In the LDS religion we are taught that we cannot be deceived because of the fact that we have the companionship of the Holy Spirit. I can’t tell you how often the Holy Spirit has guided me in times of terrible stress. I was in two terrible wars dancer and I would not have survived if the Holy Spirit had not been with me, I know for a fact. I won’t talk about it but I am sure you would be shocked by some of the times I have been warned ahead to time.

There are so many people who doubt in the authenticity of the LDS Church even though there are so many prophecies that were fulfilled by the restoration of the Church.

St. Peter prophesied saying in Acts 3; “And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you, whom the heaven must receive until the times of the restitution of all things spoken of by the mouth of all the holy prophets since the world began.” Jesus Christ did come to the earth as St. Peter prophesied HE would and he began the restoration of the
Church afterward but the fulness of the LDS Church has not really been restored completely yet. It won't be until the other 2/3rds of the Book of Mormon is translated and published.

It seems so plain to me dancer that if Christ was going to come just prior to his second coming to restore all things that was ever spoken of by all his Holy Prophets, that there first had to be something missing. So if the LDS religion is not true, then the one true Church of Jesus Christ is not here yet and we need not worry about who is right and who is wrong. Satan has risen up against the Church in every conceivable way. LDS does not speak bad about any religion. We will say that we just don’t believe in certain religions but we give all people the chance to choose for themselves which church they would like to belong to.

The LDS teach that there is really NO burning hell at all except for the terrible tribulation period we all have to survive but that only lasts for one year, not for eternity.

I just hope you believe that God is a kind loving Father and not some merciless ruler or dictator. In fact this is written in the Bible; “We will all see eye to eye when God doth bring again Zion.” Dancer that means that once we aspire to the highest kingdom of heaven, which the Bible tells us that all will sooner or later, we will know all that God knows and we will be able to do everything that God can do. God is not so jealous that He would want all of us to be dumber than HE is.

However, I did like what your atheist friend had to say about the meaning of the “WORD” it will give me something to ponder and pray about. Thank you.

Grampa75
Paul W. Burt
_truth dancer
_Emeritus

Post by _truth dancer »

Hi Grampa...

Actually I think you were responding to Jersey Girl... we get confused all the time! :-)

Especially since we used to share a last name! LOL

:-)

~dancer~
"The search for reality is the most dangerous of all undertakings for it destroys the world in which you live." Nisargadatta Maharaj