Love the Bamboozled; Attack the Deception

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Lucretia MacEvil
_Emeritus

Post by _Lucretia MacEvil »

why me wrote:I think that one needs to understand that when one is an apologist constantly defending a faith, eventually, the brain grows tired and the mind ceases to function properly. This is why I can understand Juliann and Pahoran for having bad days or weeks. The mind is becoming fried.

I am also tired and my mind is not what it used to be. An apologist needs a break as does a defender of the lds faith. To be a critic is much easier. A critic throws something out there and says: Take that, you horsecrab! And an apologist needs to reply.

It is not long before an apologist's brain becomes mush or a sponge filled with dirty liquid.

And so, it can be difficult for an apologist to be a constant source of 'thinking generation'.

Horsecrab? I don't think it was the OP's intent to suggest that you need defend yourself against personal abuse. One must learn (whatever side of the argument one is on) to separate defense of a belief system and defense of one's self in order to survive on these boards. If one allows one's mind to soak up personal attack like a sponge, one must take responsibility for allowing that to happen and not feel victimized. This seems to be something that one must actually leave the LDS Church in order to learn, so I can see why you think it's easier to be a critic. Actually, it's exactly the same, critics only seem to be able to deal with it better.
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

Horsecrab

Is that from Napolean Dynamite? There were alot of Utahnian phrases thrown about in that movie.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato