Satanic Authorship

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Coggins7
_Emeritus

Post by _Coggins7 »

If that's the criterion, then I guess we better add the Bible and the Qu'ran to the list. Not to mention the original act of the creation of the world. Look how many deaths that's led to.

Yes indeed. The creation of the world has brought about the deaths of 99% of all the species of animals and plants that ever existed, and will eventually bring about the death of every single man, woman, and child who has ever lived upon it.

Therefore, creation implies destruction; generation implies degeneration. You see how easy it is to derail a discussion with an utter irrelevancy, while yet creating an insight that has real value?

Oh, and by the way, war and conquest as understood in the Old Testament and the Koran are completely different. I suppose your as up to speed on your ancient history and comparative religion as you are on AGW.
_bcspace
_Emeritus

Post by _bcspace »

I have to agree with you, is inconsistent with the Restored Gospel.

You're too kind (which is possibly inconsistent with the Restored Gospel....lol). Far worse than inconsistent, I think it should be burned from society. Of course it will always grow back in accordance with the 2 Nephi 2 'opposition in all things' principle. But then again, you do see the highway department out every year burning and spraying weeds on the side of the road......

"I came not to send peace, but a sword".
Machina Sublime
Satan's Plan Deconstructed.
Your Best Resource On Joseph Smith's Polygamy.
Conservatism is the Gospel of Christ and the Plan of Salvation in Action.
The Degeneracy Of Progressivism.
_Mr. Coffee
_Emeritus

Re: Satanic Authorship

Post by _Mr. Coffee »

Coggins7 wrote:What we have here, ladies and gentlemen, is a typical liberal. This is the base of the Democratic Party. This is the typical participant at one of those "peace" rallies you see on CSPAN off and on the Capitol lawn. This is the MoveOn.org, Demorcat.com, Democratic Underground, Daily Kos, Air America Radio, MTV, NPR, Pacifica Radio, Link TV, Indymedia Left in all its anti-intellectual, infantile, adolescent, cerebellum addled glory.

Behold the Man!

Which is odd, as I've voted Republican in every presidential election since Bush/Dukakis in 1988, I'm a lifetime member of the NRA, I hold a valid Feder Firearms License, and I served 12 years in the United States Marine Corps.

What I am not is a neoconservative, far-right, religious fundimentalist f***tard (Like yourself).

Your OP reeks of intolerence and borderline racism with a liberal dosage of flatout dumbassery I've not seen on the internet since I got banned from ChristianForums.com for laying the smackdown to Young Earth Creationists. You remind me a lot of a YEC, Coggins. Completely ignorant of basic science and policsa concepts, yet convinced you are right because some farcical holy book proporting to be the "Word" of the Great Sky Pixie says so.

I mean, for f***'s sake... You think that anything that doesn't jive with your narrowminded world view must be of "The Devil".
On Mathematics: I divided by zero! Oh SHI....
_Analytics
_Emeritus

Post by _Analytics »

123. The Klu Klux Klan
124. Joseph Fielding Smith
125. The Miracle of Forgiveness
126: Mormon Fundamentalists
127: White Supremacists
128: The Utah State Legislature
129: The Eagle Forum
130: Bruce R. McConkie
131: Young Earth Scientists
132: The Intelligent Design Movement
133: Neoconservatives
134: Karl Rove
135: Islam
136: Evangelical Christianity
137: Section 132 of the D&C
_Who Knows
_Emeritus

Post by _Who Knows »

138: The Rosetta Stone
WK: "Joseph Smith asserted that the Book of Mormon peoples were the original inhabitants of the americas"
Will Schryver: "No, he didn’t." 3/19/08
Still waiting for Will to back this up...
_grayskull
_Emeritus

Post by _grayskull »

Isn't it interesting how Satan and God are so obsessed with hobby horses? Coggins's hobby horse is right wing politics, so anything Bill O'Reiley would throw out for ratings on his show is obviously Satan's very own personal agenda. If you'd ask someone else, then you'd get a different list. Someone else, depending on their personal prejudices and issues in life, might make alcoholism, or sex trade, for instance, at the top of Satan's combinations.
_cksalmon
_Emeritus

Post by _cksalmon »

Coggins7 wrote:Any man who is a fan of the Hitchhiker's Guide (especially the superbly written original) is a friend of mine. And if you can actually quote Grunthos the Flatulent verbatim, you've just made into the Coggins hall of fame (right alongside King Bruno The Questionable and the Rat Bat Spider Crab). Great minds think alike.

For the record, Adams was a self-described "radical atheist." But, then, Atheism didn't make your list of Satan-authored ideologies. Guess there's no contradiction.

CKS
_Mr. Coffee
_Emeritus

Post by _Mr. Coffee »

cksalmon wrote:
Coggins7 wrote:Any man who is a fan of the Hitchhiker's Guide (especially the superbly written original) is a friend of mine. And if you can actually quote Grunthos the Flatulent verbatim, you've just made into the Coggins hall of fame (right alongside King Bruno The Questionable and the Rat Bat Spider Crab). Great minds think alike.

For the record, Adams was a self-described "radical atheist." But, then, Atheism didn't make your list of Satan-authored ideologies. Guess there's no contradiction.

CKS

What's even more fun is the HGttG series is chok full of religious parody. You wouldn't be to far off from the truth if you said that Adams wrote the books almost solely to ridicule religion and religious thought.
On Mathematics: I divided by zero! Oh SHI....
_Coggins7
_Emeritus

Post by _Coggins7 »

Coggins7 wrote:
What we have here, ladies and gentlemen, is a typical liberal. This is the base of the Democratic Party. This is the typical participant at one of those "peace" rallies you see on CSPAN off and on the Capitol lawn. This is the MoveOn.org, Demorcat.com, Democratic Underground, Daily Kos, Air America Radio, MTV, NPR, Pacifica Radio, Link TV, Indymedia Left in all its anti-intellectual, infantile, adolescent, cerebellum addled glory.

Behold the Man!

Which is odd, as I've voted Republican in every presidential election since Bush/Dukakis in 1988, I'm a lifetime member of the NRA, I hold a valid Feder Firearms License, and I served 12 years in the United States Marine Corps.

What I am not is a neoconservative, far-right, religious fundimentalist f***tard (Like yourself).

Your OP reeks of intolerence and borderline racism with a liberal dosage of flatout dumbassery I've not seen on the internet since I got banned from ChristianForums.com for laying the smackdown to Young Earth Creationists. You remind me a lot of a YEC, Coggins. Completely ignorant of basic science and policsa concepts, yet convinced you are right because some farcical holy book proporting to be the "Word" of the Great Sky Pixie says so.

I mean, for f***'s sake... You think that anything that doesn't jive with your narrowminded world view must be of "The Devil".

All the above clearly demonstrates is that your ego is so megalithiically large that it not only overshadows your limited educational and intellectual background, but drives you to make statements so patently fictitious as to be hallucinatory. Your about as much a conservative as I am an intolerant racist and Godzilla is a improvisational dance instructor.

Your entire approach to debate is pure, unrefined liberalism: the smearing, the name calling, the adolescent use of profanity in place of critical thought and articulate language use, all classically leftist and all shining through your transparent attempt at playing a conservative in Liberal drag. This is very similar to the seminar callers who call Conservative talk shows, claim to be Conservatives, and then launch into an attack against Conservative principles or policies, all in an attempt to make it appear that one can mix and match one's philosophy in any way one wishes, all while claiming yet to be part of that original philosophical matrix. This is how Harmony slogs onward in her attempt to play the "Mormon is good standing" all the while in all actuality being thoroughly apostate from and hostile to that religion.

Calling me a "neoconservative" only further cements my perception of you as a rather ignorant and unlikeable leftist intellectual hack. I'm ignorant of basic science? Upon what grounds? "Far right" Define that in a serious philosophical manner for me and I'll bake you a cake. Fundamentalist? Uh huh, right.

This wasn't even a nice try at masking your own leftist intolerance and anti-intellectualism in righteous indignation.

And now another...

Isn't it interesting how Satan and God are so obsessed with hobby horses? Coggins's hobby horse is right wing politics, so anything Bill O'Reiley would throw out for ratings on his show is obviously Satan's very own personal agenda. If you'd ask someone else, then you'd get a different list. Someone else, depending on their personal prejudices and issues in life, might make alcoholism, or sex trade, for instance, at the top of Satan's combinations.

And since when wasn't addiction or the sex trade of concern to conservatives, and especially religious conservatives. Again, this entire post demonstrates once again what I've always suspected: the vast majority of Liberals have never, will never, and have no intention of ever studying, digesting, and understanding Conservative philosophy. Unlike most Conservative intellectuals, who immerse themselves in the ideas of their opponents, most Liberals assiduously avoid anything that does not already justify and validate there own preexisting prejudices and assumptions. See, hear, and speak nothing non-left wing. The typical American college campus. I suspect that what many people label as "hobby horses" are really aspects of personal lifestyle and/or life philosophy that they don't want exposed for that they are when compared and contrasted to principles of truth, under the disinfectant light of which the trite and tired justifications for said lifestyles and philosophies wither and dissolve.

Coggins7 wrote:
Any man who is a fan of the Hitchhiker's Guide (especially the superbly written original) is a friend of mine. And if you can actually quote Grunthos the Flatulent verbatim, you've just made into the Coggins hall of fame (right alongside King Bruno The Questionable and the Rat Bat Spider Crab). Great minds think alike.

And then another luminous insight:

And Lao Tzu wasn't a Mormon, but I love the Tao De Ching. Care to delve into just what your point is here?
_Fortigurn
_Emeritus

Post by _Fortigurn »

Coggins7 wrote:All the above clearly demonstrates is that your ego is so megalithiically large that it not only overshadows your limited educational and intellectual background, but drives you to make statements so patently fictitious as to be hallucinatory. Your about as much a conservative as I am an intolerant racist and Godzilla is a improvisational dance instructor.

Compare with:

Coggins7 wrote:Your entire approach to debate is pure, unrefined liberalism: the smearing, the name calling...

Lazy research debunked: bcspace x 4 | maklelan x 3 | Coggins7 x 5 (by Mr. Coffee x5) | grampa75 x 1 | whyme x 2 | rcrocket x 2 | Kerry Shirts x 1 | Enuma Elish x 1|