My true colors

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Runtu wrote:
The Dude wrote:Snapping branches and slinking away.... I second that ROFL!

Hmmm. I wonder if that joke put me over the edge into the Outer Darkness crowd. Ten bucks says someone on MADB will now say we're mocking sacred ordinances. Sigh.

Party in outer darkness! ;)
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

liz3564 wrote:
Runtu wrote:

Hmmm. I wonder if that joke put me over the edge into the Outer Darkness crowd. Ten bucks says someone on MADB will now say we're mocking sacred ordinances. Sigh.

Party in outer darkness! ;)

I guess this means I shouldn't have a temple recommend, either. ;-)
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Sethbag
_Emeritus

Post by _Sethbag »

Runtu wrote:

Yes, because there's something innately sacred about the concept of Satan slinking off after being rebuked by Peter, James, and John.
Mormonism ceased being a compelling topic for me when I finally came to terms with its transformation from a personality cult into a combination of a real estate company, a SuperPac, and Westboro Baptist Church. - Kishkumen
_why me
_Emeritus

Re: My true colors

Post by _why me »

Alter Idem wrote:
Runtu wrote:I think it was why me who said that some of us who were polite on MADB are now showing our true colors.

I don't think Whyme was referring to you(not sure who exactly he was referring too)--you were polite on MADB and you are polite here as well.

Difficult to name names. But I suppose that when the banning took place, some former MAD posters let off some steam. Perhaps things are mellowing out now. My friend Gramps has been a little yellow in the mouth lately. But I am sure his grandkids can be quite a challenge sometimes. :=)

But I think that there was some bitter posts after the banning of some MAD critic stalwarts.