EEK - Precipitously demoted to Telestial? One step from OD?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Nightingale
_Emeritus

EEK - Precipitously demoted to Telestial? One step from OD?

Post by _Nightingale »

Hey. I just saw that the "suicide thread" has been sent from Terrestrial to Telestial. Why?

I didn't know that could happen.

What if a poster chooses not to participate in that forum? Having a thread moved there makes it look like that's the forum all those previous posters were in when they participated but that is not the case.

I know that to many, that doesn't matter and is perhaps even preferable but to others it actually does matter.

I don't see anything that would make it need to go there - could someone explain it to me? I think so far, from what I've seen, it's not disrespectful to the temple or giving too much detail.

I'm wondering in particular about that thread but also just in general as board policy. Could the part that degenerates, if any, be cast into the T/OD spheres but the acceptable part be left as is in the original forum?

I don't particularly avoid Telestial but don't spend much time there either. I may not have chosen to participate on that thread if it had originated there. That's pretty much all I am trying to say.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

My guess is the temple material was starting to get rather graphic. Shades tries to keep explicit temple material there. Not a judgement on a thread as a whole, but the debate tends to go in that direction when discussing penalties and such.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Mister Scratch »

Bond...James Bond wrote:My guess is the temple material was starting to get rather graphic. Shades tries to keep explicit temple material there. Not a judgement on a thread as a whole, but the debate tends to go in that direction when discussing penalties and such.

There was a fair amount of f-bombs and other curses on the thread. I really think it is simple as that.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Mister Scratch wrote:
Bond...James Bond wrote:My guess is the temple material was starting to get rather graphic. Shades tries to keep explicit temple material there. Not a judgement on a thread as a whole, but the debate tends to go in that direction when discussing penalties and such.

There was a fair amount of f-bombs and other curses on the thread. I really think it is simple as that.

That too Nightingale. The F-Bombs will get ya :)
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Nightingale
_Emeritus

Post by _Nightingale »

Oh. I didn't see that. It must have occurred on the later pages?

I thought I read somewhere that that would be deleted in this forum but not that the entire thread would need to move. :(

Oh well. Good thing my entire rep doesn't depend on which forum I'm posting in. :)
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Nightingale wrote:Oh. I didn't see that. It must have occurred on the later pages?

I thought I read somewhere that that would be deleted in this forum but not that the entire thread would need to move. :(

Oh well. Good thing my entire rep doesn't depend on which forum I'm posting in. :)

I wouldn't worry. If a thread gets bumped to the Telestial, just say 1) Bond posted in the thread or 2) Bond was thinking about posting in the thread. I don't care. I'll be the lightning rod of hate :)
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

Bond...James Bond wrote:
Nightingale wrote:Oh. I didn't see that. It must have occurred on the later pages?

I wouldn't worry. If a thread gets bumped to the Telestial, just say 1) Bond posted in the thread or 2) Bond was thinking about posting in the thread. I don't care. I'll be the lightning rod of hate :)

Actually, the F bombs were my filthy mouths fault.

In a way I feel culpable for its forum shift.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Mister Scratch wrote:

You're both right.

Explicit temple content is, like it or not, something that our Mormon friends don't want to see, so as a courtesy to them such threads go to the Telestial Forum.

Also, once a thread gets too full of "f" bombs, it just gets easier to move it to the Telestial Forum rather than having to keep editing them out.

And Nightingale, don't worry about your reputation or anything like that. Celestial, Terrestrial, and Telestial are not "above" or "below" each other; they're simply where threads (and people) are most comfortable.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_skippy the dead
_Emeritus

Post by _skippy the dead »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Mister Scratch wrote:

You're both right.

Nope - they're both wrong. Juliann is claiming credit for the move!
I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe / But at least I'm enjoying the ride.
-Grateful Dead (lyrics by John Perry Barlow)
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

skippy the dead wrote:Nope - they're both wrong. Juliann is claiming credit for the move!

You've got to be joking!

How can she claim credit, when I was the one who moved it after I read its content?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley