What do we look like?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

And not because I think beastie is evil. It's more because BSD is one of the Operating Systems I occasionally use and Beastie is the name of that mascot. He looks too cute to be evil.

sure, asbestos, sure, I believe ya'. ;)

Actually, beastie is one of the early names given to an ancient Maya goddess. If I could find a picture of her on the net, I'd ask liz to put THAT as my avatar. One scary mama!
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

beastie wrote:
And not because I think beastie is evil. It's more because BSD is one of the Operating Systems I occasionally use and Beastie is the name of that mascot. He looks too cute to be evil.

sure, asbestos, sure, I believe ya'. ;)

Actually, beastie is one of the early names given to an ancient Maya goddess. If I could find a picture of her on the net, I'd ask liz to put THAT as my avatar. One scary mama!

Love the photo, beastie! I'm tempted to put mine back up now. :-)
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

OMG beastie and Kimberly Ann! You're both so outright adorable!

Jersey Girl
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

OMG beastie and Kimberly Ann! You're both so outright adorable!

Well, that's certainly better than some other things I've been called online. :O

Yes, runtu, put yours back up. It's fun to see what people really look like. I learned my lesson about imagining what people look like the first time I met a bunch of exmo's in real life, and none of them looked a thing like I imagined.
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Beastie, were you auditioning for A Chorus Line, at the time of this photo (or was it merely the Hokey-Pokey)?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

No, actually, it's much more embarrassing than that. I was learning to belly-dance...

...at an exmormon get-together.

Penn & Teller

_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

beastie wrote:I'm beginning to think I have supernatural powers. Just my THINKING of posting my pix as my avatar made it happen!!

(pst, thanks, liz, I have no doubt you're behind my sudden powers)

Grrrrr. . . .
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

I believe in rewriting history.

Penn & Teller

_Seven
_Emeritus

Re: What do we look like?

Post by _Seven »

liz3564 wrote:
Jean Smart, huh? She's pretty, so I'll take that as a compliment. I'm brunette, however, not blond.

Liz, I had always pictured you as a brunette! An actress that comes to mind would be Sandra Bullock.

I picture Truth Dancer as Ashely Judd.

I had imagined Beastie as a brunette so I was very surprised to see her picture. (which is very cute by the way) The name
"Beastie" always made me think of a devilish kind of character too. Angelina Jolie is close to who I pictured.

Anytime I see Keanu I think of Rollo. I can't seperate the two now and I always get hungry for that chocolate carmel candy...

Dr. Shades I always pictured as a brunette in his forties and handsome. Tom Cruise is the closest to what I picture.

Harmony I picture in her late twenties with long light brown hair, thin and very pretty. Gwyneth Paltrow would be the best comparison, minus the blond hair. I was shocked to hear Harmony's children were grown.

I used to picture Runtu with light brown and auburn hair, fair skin and in his thirties. Can't think of an actor yet....

Zakuska I picture with black hair and glasses. Kind of like Clark Kent.

Roger I see as a man with brown hair, in his forties, and kind of rugged but wearing nice clothing. Russell Crowe from "A Beautiful Mind" comes to mind.

I generally picture the apologists as unattractive and old but the critics that share my beliefs as very attractive.

It's really weird to see a new avatar after you have created an image in your mind. It's like watching a music video and then the song image or interpretation changes.
"Happiness is the object and design of our existence...
That which is wrong under one circumstance, may be, and often is, right under another." Joseph Smith
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

If I knew how to do it I'd post a picture of me. Maybe I'll change my Avatar for a day. Actually If I could post it on the post I have a nice one from my mission where I'm standing in front of Eileen Donnan castle.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato