Ministry watch, Religious watchdog group

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Mephitus
_Emeritus

Ministry watch, Religious watchdog group

Post by _Mephitus »

I saw this on RFM and thought it another interesting subject on church finances.

www.ministrywatch.com

http://www.exmormon.org/boards/w-agora/ ... 1174780210
I've been lurking here for quite some time, and will tell you more about me later. I was wondering if anyone saw this segment on 20/20 last night. It was mostly about evangelical cons and idiot people that sent them tons of money, and the mansions and jets they buy. They told about an organization, Ministry Watch, that investigates Christian charities and gives them a rating based on their willingness to be financially transparent. I checked their website, Ministrywatch.com, but they do not have anything about TSCC. Maybe they don't consider them Christian, or a charitable church. This is what their site says about their purpose: There are a number of obligations that ministries have to their supporters. The first is a moral obligation to treat the money and gifts entrusted to them with the utmost good faith and care. A second obligation is to maintain the public's faith and goodwill by operating in a transparent and open manner. A third responsibility is to make sure that solicitations and informational materials are accurate. A final responsibility is to be accommodating and receptive to donor requests for information.
One nice thing is, ze game of love is never called on account of darkness - Pepe Le Pew
_harmony
_Emeritus

Re: Ministry watch, Religious watchdog group

Post by _harmony »

Sono_hito wrote:I saw this on RFM and thought it another interesting subject on church finances.

www.ministrywatch.com

http://www.exmormon.org/boards/w-agora/ ... 1174780210
I've been lurking here for quite some time, and will tell you more about me later. I was wondering if anyone saw this segment on 20/20 last night. It was mostly about evangelical cons and idiot people that sent them tons of money, and the mansions and jets they buy. They told about an organization, Ministry Watch, that investigates Christian charities and gives them a rating based on their willingness to be financially transparent. I checked their website, Ministrywatch.com, but they do not have anything about TSCC. Maybe they don't consider them Christian, or a charitable church. This is what their site says about their purpose: There are a number of obligations that ministries have to their supporters. The first is a moral obligation to treat the money and gifts entrusted to them with the utmost good faith and care. A second obligation is to maintain the public's faith and goodwill by operating in a transparent and open manner. A third responsibility is to make sure that solicitations and informational materials are accurate. A final responsibility is to be accommodating and receptive to donor requests for information.

Well, there's your difference. LDS church leaders do not feel any obligation to the members at all. That's what happens when a group of men think they have a direct line to God; they start telling God what to do and how to do it.