Gordon B. Hinckley's anti-Christian remark

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Mister Scratch »

Coggins7 wrote:
No, Loran. The evidence is overwhelming that Church leaders want people to remain in the dark on a number of subjects. This includes things such as:
---Church finances
---the Temple Ceremony---negative aspects of Church history
---limited availability of the CHI
---minutes of the Brethren's discussions
---the goings-on of the SCMC
---Etc., etc.

Uh...you forgot the frequent visits to the bar and then to the Gay bath house.

Loran---

Let me remind you again that it is *you* who is constantly howling about a lack of "intellectual seriousness."

I would be interested in seeing your "serious minded" evidence that makes this stuff go away. I will wait patiently for you to enlighten me.

No you wouldn't...

I really, truly, honestly would. I assure you, Loran, that I wholeheartedly want to see the "serious minded" evidence that you've got. I really do.

That's not true. As they are men of God, I expect that they live up to the highest standards imaginable.

Another little white one. As you don't believe they are men of God, it follows that there are no standards to which they could be held based upon that criteria.

I ask that they be held to their own standards.

One day a light's going to come on and there aren't going to be any baseboards to run to. What then Scratch?

What then.

Basically, the only response you have is to condemn me to Perdition? Ah, I see. Bravo, Loran!

No, no. I didn't condemn you to Perdition, only to the baseboards where other household pests lie in wait. Perdition only becomes a live issue at the end, and we, still here in Midgard, are not as yet at the end.

Just the baseboards will do for the time being.

Okey doke, Gomer. Hey, by the way---I asked you a while ago if you would be willing to use a certain avatar. What say ye, Loran?
_Coggins7
_Emeritus

Post by _Coggins7 »

Uh...you forgot the frequent visits to the bar and then to the Gay bath house.[/quote]

Loran---

Let me remind you again that it is *you* who is constantly howling about a lack of "intellectual seriousness."

Yada yada...

I really, truly, honestly would. I assure you, Loran, that I wholeheartedly want to see the "serious minded" evidence that you've got. I really do.

Blah blah...

I ask that they be held to their own standards.

Rama lama...

Okey doke, Gomer. Hey, by the way---I asked you a while ago if you would be willing to use a certain avatar. What say ye, Loran?

Ding dong.

Move on, nothing to see here...
_nomi
_Emeritus

Post by _nomi »

Thanks Doctor Shades, I really feel welcomed. As for you SatanWasSet Up - dude don't mock me man, its really not cool at all. Bond....James Bond, so its proof that you want........Not that I don't know that Heavenly Father does exist but prove it to me that God exists and I will prove it to you that God and Jesus Christ appered to Joseph Smith.
the coolest chick on the planet