An Anniversary: Revisiting a Mopologetic Milestone

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Mister Scratch wrote:Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if Bro. Midgley ever posts on the aptly named MAD/FAIRboard?

I seem to recall someone saying Will Schryver was a sockpuppet of Midgley.

Edit: They Did

There was a guy at the FAIR conference who introduced himself as "William Shryver". But I heard some whispers afterward that he was just a plant to steer Vogel and Metcalfe away from their suspicions that it was Lou Midgley posting as "Provis" all along. I don't understand the twisted motivations behind the whole thing ... if the rumors are even true. But I actually saw the guy claiming to be Shryver talking and laughing with Midgley several times over the course of both days of the conference. And then the same guy spent a long time talking with Metcalfe all during Dan Peterson's presentation.

So, there is someone who at least claimed to be Shryver. Whether or not he really was/is I can't say.

Of course this Viki could easily be blowing smoke...since Schryver apparently didn't run away with a Bishop's 20 year old daughter (much to the collective disappointment of everyone who likes a good story).
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Dan Vogel
_Emeritus

Post by _Dan Vogel »

There was a guy at the FAIR conference who introduced himself as "William Shryver". But I heard some whispers afterward that he was just a plant to steer Vogel and Metcalfe away from their suspicions that it was Lou Midgley posting as "Provis" all along. I don't understand the twisted motivations behind the whole thing ... if the rumors are even true. But I actually saw the guy claiming to be Shryver talking and laughing with Midgley several times over the course of both days of the conference. And then the same guy spent a long time talking with Metcalfe all during Dan Peterson's presentation.

So, there is someone who at least claimed to be Shryver. Whether or not he really was/is I can't say.

I never suspected Provis was Midgley.
I do not want you to think that I am very righteous, for I am not.
Joseph Smith (History of the Church 5:401)
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Mister Scratch »

Topping for Tarski.