What the MADmods Don't Know

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Mister Scratch »

rcrocket wrote:
Mister Scratch wrote:Don't you mean a "rcrocket"? ; ) Anyways, the point is that I have almost always stuck to stuff which he posts.

Pretty easy to slander me behind your anonymity. Isn't it?

rcrocket

It is not slander if it's true, Bob!

rcrocket wrote:
Mister Scratch wrote: I think you need to bear in mind the reason Prof. P. uses his real name. He does this by choice, after all. It would be quite easy for me and any number of other critics to use our real names and tout our credentials, but I, for one, prefer that the discussion not deteriorate into non-stop ad hominem attack, which is de rigueur amonst Mopologists. This brings me back to my original point. DCP posts under his real name because:
1) It provides him with instant credibility among TBMs
2) He likes the admiration and adoration he gets from TBMs
3) He can use it to launch convenient straw man/ ad hom. attacks on anonymous critics
4) It provides him with a sense of power.

Or, maybe, he is an honorable person who does not hide behind anonymous names to criticize the views of others.

Too bad that he himself has "hidden behind anonymous names to criticize." Don't you remember Fritz? Or "Freethinker"? Or "Monitor"? Or his various aliases on RfM?
_Alter Idem
_Emeritus

Post by _Alter Idem »

Mister Scratch wrote:I'm afraid I don't follow your logic here, A.I.. You feel I'm "intimidating" merely because I post on this board? The only "situation I enjoy" on this board that I'm aware of, is the "situation" of free expression. As you no doubt no, I was silenced by the Moderating team at FAIR (Nomos/Dadof7 in particular). Do you really feel that my being able to freely express myself is "intimidating"?

Very well, and thank you for the compliment! One of these days I will surely get around to doing a dossier for you too, A.I..

Since you deny that you have any responsibilty for influencing others, I won't belabor the point anymore.

As for whether or not you are "intimidating"...I'd just point out that if DCP went to the extent of consulting a lawyer or considering legal action against you and this board, I would assume it MIGHT be because he considered you a "threat" or even "intimidating". That's just my perception--but, I'm sure you see it differently and will set me straight:)

I don't remember why you were banned--If it was because of the vulgar comment on RFM made by an anonymous "mr scratch" which they assumed you made, then that was very unfair. They should have only dealt with infractions on their own board; If they'd wanted to get rid of you fairly, you'd probably have slipped up at some point--and if not, you would have ended up a valued addition, I think. I'm sorry they banned you, and a number of other critics who are on this board. I think MADB would be a more lively, challenging place if we had more critics to keep us on our toes. But I guess that isn't what the Board owners want.

I'll look forward to reading my "dossier" if you write one:)
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

Alter Idem wrote:Since you deny that you have any responsibilty for influencing others, I won't belabor the point anymore.

As for whether or not you are "intimidating"...I'd just point out that if DCP went to the extent of consulting a lawyer or considering legal action against you and this board, I would assume it MIGHT be because he considered you a "threat" or even "intimidating". That's just my perception--but, I'm sure you see it differently and will set me straight:)

I don't remember why you were banned--If it was because of the vulgar comment on RFM made by an anonymous "mr scratch" which they assumed you made, then that was very unfair. They should have only dealt with infractions on their own board; If they'd wanted to get rid of you fairly, you'd probably have slipped up at some point--and if not, you would have ended up a valued addition, I think. I'm sorry they banned you, and a number of other critics who are on this board. I think MADB would be a more lively, challenging place if we had more critics to keep us on our toes. But I guess that isn't what the Board owners want.

I'll look forward to reading my "dossier" if you write one:)

I'll just say again that I hope this means the squabble is over, or at least a standoff. We waste a lot of energy getting mad at each other. As for MAD, I have to agree with you: it has lost my interest because they've gotten rid of most of the people who made it interesting. It's not a bad place if you want a lot of threads like this:

"I found a cool bullseye for the Book of Mormon!"
"Cool!"
"Cool!"
"Way cool!"
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_dartagnan
_Emeritus

Post by _dartagnan »

bump= I meant this one sorry
“All knowledge of reality starts from experience and ends in it...Propositions arrived at by purely logical means are completely empty as regards reality." - Albert Einstein
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

I just went back and read the first 5-6 pages of this thread, and I must say they've aged well. I hadn't read a lot of those things I wrote in a long while and they're remarkably fresh and worth a laugh or too. Thanks to everyone who liked and laughed at the things I wrote. I swear I'll finish I knew one.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Topping since....well this is the thread where many of my previous parodies were posted. It's on the top of my blog (click that little button under my name that says "Weblog".....I don't feel like posting a link).
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07