What the MADmods Don't Know

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

What the MADmods Don't Know

Post by _Mister Scratch »

I have been keeping an explosive secret for quite some time, but I think that it is now apropos to disclose what may very well be a difficult truth for the fittingly named MADmods to accept. Let me be as clear as possible: Posters from the fittingly named MADboard are using sockpuppets here in order to avoid getting 'dinged.' I have had multiple people send PMs to me with subject headings such as, "Hey, it's me, _________ ." These important and invaluable contributors to the aptly named MADboard feel that they cannot speak their minds here at MDB while using their same handle from MAD, so they've had to adopt sockpuppets.

What this means is that I have incontrovertible evidence that MAD is an oppressive, Stalinist Russia-esque environment, which truly does seek to muzzle contrary opinion.

Now, let the games begin! I will anxiously await to see how the MADmods try to ferret out these "double agents."

Edited to add: And no, I will never reveal my sources.
Last edited by Physics Guy on Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

OK, I'm coming clean. I post on MAD as Pahoran, Hammer, and Daniel C. Peterson.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Alright....it's me.....JULIANN!!!!!!!!

HI Liz! neener neener.

Edit: Here are my guesses:

asbestosman=sethbag
sethbag=asbestosman
why me=makelelan
mak=why me
Uncle Dale=Dan Vogel
Dan Vogel=Uncle Dale

they're really sneaky ;)
Last edited by QuestionEverything on Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

Asbestosman is asbestosman
Beastie is Beastie
Cksalman is cksalman
Dan Vogel is Dan Vogel
Doctor Steuss is Doctor Steuss
Maklelan is maklelan
Sethbag is Sethbag
The Dude is The Dude
Uncle Dale is Uncle Dale
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Re: What the MADmods Don't Know

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Mister Scratch wrote:Posters from the fittingly named MADboard are using sockpuppets here in order to avoid getting 'dinged.' . . . These important and invaluable contributors to the aptly named MADboard feel that they cannot speak their minds here at MDB while using their same handle from MAD, so they've had to adopt sockpuppets.

Bwahahaha! Scratch, this is just too good!

Hey Juliann, how does it feel, knowing that your last vestige of obsessive control has just slipped through your fingers? How much of your hair are you pulling out, knowing that people's fear of getting banned at MA&D is no longer preventing them from registering and participating here? How much sleep are you losing, knowing that people have finally wised up to your punitive pettiness and have found a way to bypass it?

I wonder if Allen Wyatt and the other moderators are also ticked off about this turn of events.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

asbestosman wrote:Asbestosman is asbestosman

I don't buy this for one second...

Doctor Steuss is Doctor Steuss

Am not.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Mister Scratch »

The other side of this coin, of course, are the mysterious posters on MAD whom many fear are trolls: people like Magical Alma, and ASURam, who, frankly, are difficult to tell apart from hardcore TBM posters such as Hammer and Selek.

Dr. Shades wrote:Bwahahaha! Scratch, this is just too good!

Hey Juliann, how does it feel, knowing that your last vestige of obsessive control has just slipped through your fingers? How much of your hair are you pulling out, knowing that people's fear of getting banned at MA&D is no longer preventing them from registering and participating here? How much sleep are you losing, knowing that people have finally wised up to your punitive pettiness and have found a way to bypass it?

I wonder if Allen Wyatt and the other moderators are also ticked off about this turn of events.

I'm quite sure they are. They are probably gnashing their teeth, shaking their fists at the sky and vowing eternal vengeance. If they knew who these posters were, I believe that the MADmods in general, and juliann in particular, would be devastated. There would be accusations of "backstabbing" all around, etc. I have no doubt that many stalwart MADites would feel deeply betrayed.
_CaliforniaKid
_Emeritus

Post by _CaliforniaKid »

lol.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Mister Scratch wrote:If they knew who these posters were, I believe that the MADmods in general, and juliann in particular, would be devastated. There would be accusations of "backstabbing" all around, etc. I have no doubt that many stalwart MADites would feel deeply betrayed.

There is no need for any LDS participants to feel devastated or betrayed. It is good to put aside those vestiges of repressiveness and fully partake of the American experience of free speech. People can have different opinions, yet we can still respect and communicate with one another.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

moksha wrote:There is no need for any LDS participants to feel devastated or betrayed. It is good to put aside those vestiges of repressiveness and fully partake of the American experience of free speech. People can have different opinions, yet we can still respect and communicate with one another.

You know that and I know that, but the MA&D moderators don't know that.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley