What the MADmods Don't Know

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Okay, let's spare ourselves another 10 pages of tit for tat (a man calling a woman a bitch? Yeah, I'm giving him my name and location just to prove I'm no coward! uh huh) and take a vote like a good little democracy.

All in favor of Ray screwing himself, say "aye"

Jersey Girl
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

Blixa wrote: The first reads like a collectin of school yard taunts ...

School yard taunts? You just lost all credibility - if you had any in the first place. These "school yard" taunts have hurt people. Your perception of these deeply offensive "school yard" taunts shows just how biased you are, but that's no surprise. If they were directed at you, with your real name being used, I'd like to see how you respond. Put your real name up on the screen and let me direct comments like that to you.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Ray A wrote:
Blixa wrote: The first reads like a collectin of school yard taunts ...

School yard taunts? You just lost all credibility - if you had any in the first place. These "school yard" taunts have hurt people. Your perception of these deeply offensive "school yard" taunts shows just how biased you are, but that's no surprise. If they were directed at you, with your real name being used, I'd like to see how you respond. Put your real name up on the screen and let me direct comments like that to you.

Shut up ya asshat, I'm taking a vote here!
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

I'll save you the trouble. I've been called every single one of these both online and in real life. Including some others: pedo, Stalinist, c***, terrorist (sans bio-), m*****f***** and just about anything else.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

I take it back. I do not recall ever being called a scamster. And "pirhana" will have to stand in for "barracuda."
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

Blixa wrote:I'll save you the trouble. I've been called every single one of these both online and in real life. Including some others: pedo, Stalinist, c***, terrorist (sans bio-), m*****f***** and just about anything else.

You'll save me the trouble because your "count" was defective.
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

Ray, do you not see how this is getting down to really petty quibbling? I'm counting Randy J, Kimberly Ann and Matt as nonanon (I like that neologism). You probably aren't. B. F. D. Their last names are easily obtainably via RfM as are the entire names of at least two others using "handles."

But once again....what the hell does this prove? Nothing.

I think some of the statements on The List are insupportable. Notably, the idiocy comparing Mormonism with islam. Others I do not consider character assassinations. If we picked throught the list, we'd probably disagree here too.

Once again, what is proved?

I think there are variable degrees of stupidity and wisdom among the groups under discussion. You don't seem to.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Hi Ray,

More than once I have defended DCP directly on RFM itself. At least once when people accused him of (supposedly) spending all his time online and thereby (supposedly) defrauding his employer of man-hours, and at least one other time when his physical appearance was derided.

Beyond that, I don't go to RFM often enough to stand against the excesses that appear there.

Now, having said that, I'm afraid I must ask you:

Regardless of who drew first blood, regardless of who is justified and who isn't, regardless of who is attacking and who is defending: HAVEN'T YOU NOW BECOME THE VERY THING YOU HATE?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

Dr. Shades wrote:Regardless of who drew first blood, regardless of who is justified and who isn't, regardless of who is attacking and who is defending: HAVEN'T YOU NOW BECOME THE VERY THING YOU HATE?

When Pahoran came here to defend himself, and his Church, you could say he became the very thing he hated. He is not known to be tolerant of slander of his religion, even if he dishes some out himself in return. If it is not important "who started this", then the question I am asking is WHY do the slander and accusations continue? We have had it ad nauseam. It just goes on and on and on. This is the message, Shades: We are tired of it!! Enough is enough. It does not matter that you've defended DCP a couple of times. But since this is a free speech board mud is going to be thrown. Do you expect US to sit back and cop all the mud?

I encourage you to have a look at Opie Rockwell's last post. Who started this? Scratch started this! His blog and his ongoing slanderous commentary is what "started this", and it has created a cycle of aggression. He set up DCP as a target of humiliation in his blog, questioned his ethics and personal integrity with innuendo and lies, and I have posted what he wrote, and it's available in his blog. Yes, it is important "who started this". Scratch was the first to call me a "hick bonehead", among other names. I let it go at the time. I merely pointed out what he wrote, here and on MAD. There comes a point where you take no more. Dan Peterson watched his name become mud on this forum, for months, and said nothing for a long time. How much do you expect one person to take? Yet Scratch continues with his unsupportable accusations.

I also said before that Pahoran has become a "Mormon Terminator". Think about what is driving Mormons to react like this. You go on about MMM, yet what about Haun's Mill? Who started this? Mormons were different, drew ire, and were driven from state to state. This is what is going on on this board, only it's being done verbally. They are bashed over and over, and you wonder why some become "Mormon Terminators"?
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

Ray A wrote:
Dr. Shades wrote:Regardless of who drew first blood, regardless of who is justified and who isn't, regardless of who is attacking and who is defending: HAVEN'T YOU NOW BECOME THE VERY THING YOU HATE?

When Pahoran came here to defend himself, and his Church, you could say he became the very thing he hated. He is not known to be tolerant of slander of his religion, even if he dishes some out himself in return. If it is not important "who started this", then the question I am asking is WHY do the slander and accusations continue? We have had it ad nauseam. It just goes on and on and on. This is the message, Shades: We are tired of it!! Enough is enough. It does not matter that you've defended DCP a couple of times. But since this is a free speech board mud is going to be thrown. Do you expect US to sit back and cop all the mud?

I encourage you to have a look at Opie Rockwell's last post. Who started this? Scratch started this! His blog and his ongoing slanderous commentary is what "started this", and it has created a cycle of aggression. He set up DCP as a target of humiliation in his blog, questioned his ethics and personal integrity with innuendo and lies, and I have posted what he wrote, and it's available in his blog. Yes, it is important "who started this". Scratch was the first to call me a "hick bonehead", among other names. I let it go at the time. I merely pointed out what he wrote, here and on MAD. There comes a point where you take no more. Dan Peterson watched his name become mud on this forum, for months, and said nothing for a long time. How much do you expect one person to take? Yet Scratch continues with his unsupportable accusations.

I also said before that Pahoran has become a "Mormon Terminator". Think about what is driving Mormons to react like this. You go on about MMM, yet what about Haun's Mill? Who started this? Mormons were different, drew ire, and were driven from state to state. This is what is going on on this board, only it's being done verbally. They are bashed over and over, and you wonder why some become "Mormon Terminators"?
'

Who started this? WE started this! We called people names, denigrated their spirituality and their churches, broke apart families, made promises we had no intention of keeping, defrauded the public, lied from the pulpit... you name it, it's in our history. We are now reaping what our ancestors sowed. The law of the harvest still holds true.

PS. Pahoran isn't a Mormon Terminator. Pahoran is a barking little dog, chasing cars and congratulating himself when they speed on by him.