Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself! The Golden Key!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Shulem
God

Re: Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself! The Golden Key!

Post by Shulem »

Tator wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:21 pm
Paul, I have really enjoyed this thread. The maps you and Doc have provided do show how Joe the master storyteller could have used them to tell his story. Everything about Joe and the church is a story. This theory is a story. Everything MG 3.0 and everyone else posts is a story about Joe's story. Your story with the maps and the novel Book of Mormon and resources like The View of the Hebrews, The Late War, etc. show that Joe had at his disposal everything he needed to make up a really big story. It started with his family, then treasure digging stories, then a golden Bible story that a few believed and then more believed and bingo a church is formed and the stories grew and grew. Then the stories turned to lies about multiple first visions, sex in the hay with 14 year olds and on and on. Fast forgward to become a 130 billion dollar lie.

I really do like your story the best, it beats my previous best story by DarthJ on geographical Italy. Keep up the great work but we all know that the geography really exists in the largest nation in the universe, the imagi-nation.

yes indeed

Shulem wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:21 pm
Please select which answer is the best match for the "narrow neck" as described in the text of the Book of Mormon in which the narrow neck was an important feature of the geographical terrain.

A) Panama
B) Belize-Yucatan base
C) Tehuantepec
D) Niagara Peninsula
E) Isthmus of Delmarva Peninsula

I believe the following is an accurate count to date. If I'm mistaken or the selection is wrong, do let me know and I will correct the list:

E) Shulem
E) huckelberry
E) Dr Moore
E) Rivendale
E) Craig Paxton
E) Rick Grunder
E) Abaddon
E) simon southerton
E) Philo Sofee
E) Moksha
E) infinityball
E) Lem
E) Doctor CamNC4Me
E) dantana
E) drumdude
E) malkie
E) Dr Exiled
E) Tator

?) MG

Vote NOW!
MG 2.0
God

Re: Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself! The Golden Key!

Post by MG 2.0 »

Shulem wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:00 pm
Tator wrote:
Paul, I have really enjoyed this thread. The maps you and Doc have provided do show how Joe the master storyteller could have used them to tell his story. Everything about Joe and the church is a story. This theory is a story. Everything MG 3.0 and everyone else posts is a story about Joe's story. Your story with the maps and the novel Book of Mormon and resources like The View of the Hebrews, The Late War, etc. show that Joe had at his disposal everything he needed to make up a really big story. It started with his family, then treasure digging stories, then a golden Bible story that a few believed and then more believed and bingo a church is formed and the stories grew and grew. Then the stories turned to lies about multiple first visions, sex in the hay with 14 year olds and on and on. Fast forgward to become a 130 billion dollar lie.

I really do like your story the best, it beats my previous best story by DarthJ on geographical Italy. Keep up the great work but we all know that the geography really exists in the largest nation in the universe, the imagi-nation.

yes indeed

Shulem wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:21 pm
Please select which answer is the best match for the "narrow neck" as described in the text of the Book of Mormon in which the narrow neck was an important feature of the geographical terrain.

A) Panama
B) Belize-Yucatan base
C) Tehuantepec
D) Niagara Peninsula
E) Isthmus of Delmarva Peninsula

I believe the following is an accurate count to date. If I'm mistaken or the selection is wrong, do let me know and I will correct the list:

E) Shulem
E) huckelberry
E) Dr Moore
E) Rivendale
E) Craig Paxton
E) Rick Grunder
E) Abaddon
E) simon southerton
E) Philo Sofee
E) Moksha
E) infinityball
E) Lem
E) Doctor CamNC4Me
E) dantana
E) drumdude
E) malkie
E) Dr Exiled
E) Tator

?) MG

Vote NOW!
It is important to consider other alternatives. Here is one that solves the narrow neck problem:

http://bmaf.org/node/589

It also fits in a LOT better with the internal narrative of the Book of Mormon.

I’m hesitant to vote in the affirmative on your imaginative geographical location for Book of Mormon lands as a result.

No worries, however. Your vote tally is going to end in a landslide of epic proportions. 😄

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Tator wrote:
Everything MG 3.0 and everyone else posts is a story about Joe's story.
Some stories are true and some are fiction. 😉

Regards,
MG
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:26 pm
It is important to consider other alternatives. Here is one that solves the narrow neck problem:

MG, you and I can agree that there is a "narrow neck problem" in the world of Mormon apologetics. But there is no problem with the narrow neck in the model I've presented in this thread. Absolutely no problem and it's very easy to describe, explain, and it matches the text in the Book of Mormon. It fits like a glove, perfectly.

With regard to the apologetic material in the link provided above, let me just say that I AGREE that the narrow neck is not an isthmus.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Shulem wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:51 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:26 pm

MG, you and I can agree that there is a "narrow neck problem" in the world of Mormon apologetics. But there is no problem with the narrow neck in the model I've presented in this thread. Absolutely no problem and it's very easy to describe, explain, and it matches the text in the Book of Mormon. It fits like a glove, perfectly.

With regard to the apologetic material in the link provided above, let me just say that I AGREE that the narrow neck is not an isthmus.
Well, that’s progress!

Regards,
MG
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:53 pm
Well, that’s progress!

Sigh, okay, okay. Let's progress a little further and take a look at the apologetic website you recommend. I respond accordingly.

Joe V. Andersen wrote:Since the day the Book of Mormon was first published, the primary assumption has been that the ubiquitous and enigmatic “narrow neck of land” was an isthmus, either the Isthmus of Panama or, later, the Isthmus of Tehuantepec.

It's fair to assume in 1830, all of the members that joined Smith's new sect assumed that the narrow neck was the Isthmus down in Central America knowing how North and South America are joined by a narrow land bridge or neck. Joseph Smith is not on record for denying that or stating where the narrow neck was physically located on the globe or atlas. Smith kept it a SECRET. Don't ask, don't tell. That seems to be the policy. The absence of an authoritative statement on the location of the narrow neck is hard to understand considering how Smith was so quick to identify other lands having to do with ancient people such as Adam in the land of Missouri and it being the center place of Zion. So why did Smith keep it a secret?

READ *this* thread and you will soon learn that Smith had something to hide because he didn't know what was down in Delmarva and wasn't about to be proven wrong. So, he made it his policy to keep silent -- only that he was willing to affirm through brother Oliver, his right arm man and the Second Elder of the Church: Cumorah in New York State was the site of the final Book of Mormon battles. THAT was positively confirmed as revealed Mormonism being an extension of the Book of Mormon itself.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Joe V. Andersen wrote:He then proposed, instead, that the narrow neck of land was an area within the narrow Pacific coastal shelf of southeastern Mexico and, therefore, could not have been the Isthmus of Tehuantepec. He reasoned as follows:

Hey, Joe. Stop. Just stop for a moment.

Let me explain something to you so you can understand something. Okay? What is a neck? A neck is what holds the head atop the body. The neck is a narrow part of the body that joins the head to the body itself. Got that?

Now, what happens if someone wraps their hands across the neck of a person and chokes them? I mean choke them! You see, the body and the head are inseparably connected together through the neck and without the neck the body cannot live. So, if a killer wraps his hands across the neck of his victim long enough then that person will die.

The Book of Mormon land neck was the vital passageway between the land northward and the land southward and was flanked by Sea East and Sea West. Without the neck there could be no passage, no way to cross by land. Whoever controls the neck can control who passes through whether to the south or to the north. BUT, in order to maintain that control they must have their hands wrapped across or rather guard the entire width of the neck! All of it, otherwise the enemy can sneak past and go north or south at will. The goal is to choke the neck completely to stop all flow!

Therefore, to choke a neck, whether human or land, it must be completely wrapped or guarded from sea to sea.
Shulem
God

From sea to sea

Post by Shulem »

From Sea East to Sea West, the narrow neck was the land bridge between Bountiful and Desolation. Whoever controlled the neck also controlled who could pass. It was the narrow neck which led into the land northward. There was no other way other than to launch a ship and head out into the sea and enter the land via the river.

malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Shulem wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:46 am
The Book of Mormon land neck was the vital passageway between the land northward and the land southward and was flanked by Sea East and Sea West. Without the neck there could be no passage, no way to cross by land. Whoever controls the neck can control who passes through whether to the south or to the north. BUT, in order to maintain that control they must have their hands wrapped across or rather guard the entire width of the neck! All of it, otherwise the enemy can sneak past and go north or south at will. The goal is to choke the neck completely to stop all flow!

Therefore, to choke a neck, whether human or land, it must be completely wrapped or guarded from sea to sea.
To "fortify against the Lamanites, would you then need to have a barrier of some kind that could block the passage? At the very least, perhaps, should there be a series of encampments with sentries, and with constant patrols between them, that would make it impossible for the Lamanites to pass?

If such were maintained for a long period of time, might you expect to find some evidence that manned barriers or forts had existed - weapons; cooking utensils and 'plates'; collections of bones of the animals the guards hunted for food; middens?
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

malkie wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:16 am
Shulem wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:46 am

To "fortify against the Lamanites, would you then need to have a barrier of some kind that could block the passage? At the very least, perhaps, should there be a series of encampments with sentries, and with constant patrols between them, that would make it impossible for the Lamanites to pass?

If such were maintained for a long period of time, might you expect to find some evidence that manned barriers or forts had existed - weapons; cooking utensils and 'plates'; collections of bones of the animals the guards hunted for food; middens?

Exactly that!

Fortifications involved building forts to maintain territory and control the flow. Military attachments were standard fare to secure territory and seal it off from the enemy. Here are examples to show how this was done more especially defending the narrow neck:

Alma 48:8 wrote:Yea, he had been strengthening the armies of the Nephites, and erecting small forts, or places of resort; throwing up banks of earth round about to enclose his armies, and also building walls of stone to encircle them about, round about their cities and the borders of their lands; yea, all round about the land.
Alma 50:11 wrote:And thus he cut off all the strongholds of the Lamanites in the east wilderness, yea, and also on the west, fortifying the line between the Nephites and the Lamanites, between the land of Zarahemla and the land of Nephi, from the west sea, running by the head of the river Sidon—the Nephites possessing all the land northward, yea, even all the land which was northward of the land Bountiful, according to their pleasure.
Alma 52:9 wrote:And he also sent orders unto him that he should fortify the land Bountiful, and secure the narrow pass which led into the land northward, lest the Lamanites should obtain that point and should have power to harass them on every side.
Mormon 3:5,6 wrote:And it came to pass that I did cause my people that they should gather themselves together at the land Desolation, to a city which was in the borders, by the narrow pass which led into the land southward.

And there we did place our armies, that we might stop the armies of the Lamanites, that they might not get possession of any of our lands; therefore we did fortify against them with all our force.

Thus, stop the armies of the Lamanites from crossing the narrow neck and entering the land northward. It would take an army to STOP an army!