Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself! The Golden Key!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Mormon was always in New York

Post by Philo Sofee »

Shulem wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:34 am
Some apologists dream up the idea that Moroni traveled from Mexico to New York to bury the plates. President Ivins and many other apostles of the Church since its founding have testified that Cumorah in New York State *is* the one Cumorah of the Book of Mormon. In addition to that, Ivins states that Cumorah in which the great battles were fought is the very place in which Moroni's father Mormon hid up the plates for a time as outlined in his talk given in the post above.

Ivins publicly testified under President Grant's direction that they *KNOW* that all of these records, all the sacred records of the Nephite people, were deposited by Mormon in that hill in which the Church had purchased to honor and commemorate the memory of all those who lived and died on Cumorah.

PRESIDENT ANTHONY W. IVINS, General Conference, April 1927 wrote:
All of these incidents to which I have referred, my brethren and sisters, are very closely associated with this particular spot in the State of New York. Therefore I feel, as I said in the beginning of my remarks, that the acquisition of that spot of ground is more than an incident in the history of the Church; it is an epoch—an epoch which in my opinion is fraught with that which may become of greater interest to the Latter-day Saints than that which has already occurred. We know that all of these records, all the sacred records of the Nephite people, were deposited by Mormon in that hill . That incident alone is sufficient to make it the sacred and hallowed spot that it is to us. I thank God that in a way which seems to have been providential it has come into the possession of the Church.
Yes, but dear Shulem, perhaps, as we all well know today, he was speaking just his own opinion... :D
Shulem
God

Re: Mormon was always in New York

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:56 am
Yes, but dear Shulem, perhaps, as we all well know today, he was speaking just his own opinion... :D

Yes, we know that apologists who lack faith in the original truth claims tell us that those many apostles who were officially on record were only speaking their opinions.

Never mind that it's General Conference.

Never mind that they are praying in the Spirit.

Never mind that the President of the Church has an itch up his ass and is desperately trying to conceal his prying hand hoping nobody will notice as he digs into his buttocks to get the itch.
Shulem
God

W. W. Phelps

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:

I'm sure that everyone here agrees that it was Joseph Smith's opinion that matters most and he often expressed it in official periodicals of the church and his various lieutenants echoed his sentiments in every regard. Joseph Smith staked his claim that the Cumorah in the Book of Mormon was Cumorah in New York State, period. That is the divine decree given in the many testimonies offered on this very subject. It's not a matter of policy or political posturing to appease the fear of modern university scholars (the likes of Daniel C. Peterson) who require evidence to support the original claim. It is a matter of Joseph Smith who for all intents and purposes, said, "Thus saith the Lord".

I am happy to report that THE JOSEPSH SMITH PAPERS is on the verge of providing documentation to prove Smith vouched that the Cumorah in the Book of Mormon and Cumorah in New York are one in the same. The Joseph Smith Papers has now printed pages leading up to an authoritative declaration made in the church publication! Begin here on page 183 of the:

LATTER DAY SAINTS' MESSENGER AND ADVOCATE, there following they have also provided pages 210, 211, 212; just shy of the all important page of 221!

For that information we will just have to depend on the faithful diligence of members of the Community of Christ who have maintained that record on line for many years. Click and scroll down to page 221. Prior to that, a long lecture was given by the prophet Joseph Smith, Church President. Then, a lengthy lecture or message from scribe and publisher W.W. Phelps who also served as "assistant president of the church in Missouri"; working under the direction of Joseph Smith, click here:

Vol. II. No. 2.] Kirtland, Ohio, November, 1835. [Whole No. 14.

W. W. Phelps wrote:Dear Brother in the Lord:-Yours of October last is before me, and, according as the Spirit of the Lord directs, so will I endeavor to answer.-I ask for wisdom, because I need it, and I hope you will pardon whatever I write amiss. Your last letter is very interesting, because you have begun to unfold a history which is not only highly important to the saints, but to the world. Before I begin to show my views upon the "precious things," of which you write, and which the Lord has sent forth for the salvation of man-for the gathering of Israel-and to prepare the earth for the glorious rest of a thousand years, I want to drop an idea or two about Cumorah. Yes, Cumorah which must become as famous among the latter day saints, as Sinai was among the former day saints.-The law of the Lord, by the hand of Moses, was received upon Sinai, for the benefit of Israel, before they entered the goodly land of Canaan, and before they were scattered and driven among all nations; and the fulness [fullness] of the everlasting gospel, the history of the first settlers of America; even the Book of Mormon, preparatory to gathering Israel from their long dispersion, came from Cumorah: Glorious spot!-sacred depository! out of thee came the glad tidings which will rejoice thousands! Israel must be restored to mercy; a holy people raised up unto God to possess the promised land, to bring the present unto the Lord of hosts, even to Mount Zion, as Isaiah foretold more than three thousand years ago.

Cumorah, the artificial hill of north America, is well calculated to stand in this generation, as a monument of marvelous works and wonders. Around that mount died millions of the Jaredites; yea, there ended one of the greatest nations of this earth. In that day, her inhabitants spread from sea to sea, and enjoyed national greatness and glory, nearly fifteen hundred years.-That people forsook the Lord and died in wickedness. There, too, fell the Nephites, after they had forgotten the Lord that bought them. There slept the records of age after age, for hundreds of years, even until the time of the Lord:-

"An angel came down from the regions of glory,

"And told that a record was hid in Cumorah,

"Containing the fulness [fullness] of Jesus's gospel,

"And also the cov'nant to gather his people."

There began the church of Christ in 1830; yea, there the stone cut out of the mountain without hands as foretold by Daniel, commenced rolling to fill the earth, and may it continue, in a moral sense, in dreadful splendor, till it fills the whole, and wickedness is ended. So much for the Hill Cumorah.

***This message was approved by Joseph Smith***
Shulem
God

Re: PRESIDENT ANTHONY W. IVINS

Post by Shulem »

Shulem wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:51 pm
PRESIDENT ANTHONY W. IVINS, General Conference, April 1928 wrote:
PRESIDENT ANTHONY W. IVINS

The passages which I have quoted from the Book of Mormon and the more extended discussion of this subject by Elder B. H. Roberts which was published in The Deseret News of March 3, 1928, definitely establish the following facts: That the Hill Cumorah, and the Hill Ramah are identical; that it was around this hill that the armies of both the Jaredites and Nephites, fought their great last battles; that it was in this hill that Mormon deposited all of the sacred records which had been entrusted to his care by Ammaron, except the abridgment which he had made from the plates of Nephi, which were delivered into the hands of his son, Moroni. We know positively that it was in this hill that Moroni deposited the abridgment made by his father, and his own abridgment of the record of the Jaredites, and that it was from this hill that Joseph Smith obtained possession of them.

Conference wouldn't be complete without at least one General Authority appreciating another and in this case, elder Roberts does in fact pay direct mind to President Ivins' earlier remarks. You see, a collaborated effort testified that Cumorah in the Book of Mormon was *in* New York.

ELDER BRIGHAM H. ROBERTS, Senior President of the First Council of Seventy wrote:
General Conference April 1928

From which we gather that there is a force and power in truth itself apart from any bolstering up by arguments or reasons a direct power in truth itself that carries conviction of the effect of it to those who are "of the truth." I think that is the spirit that has characterized so splendidly this conference — The Spirit of Truth.

Among the many important subjects that have been brought to our attention I think there is no item of more importance than the subject that was discussed by President Ivins in tracing the records of the Nephites from the centers of their civilization northward, and the long pilgrimage of the people as they moved northward until they came to the land of Ripliancum, the land of many waters, and the Hill Cumorah. I was deeply interested in what he said, and I believe that his remarks make a very important contribution, not only to this conference, but to the literature of the Church. It will at least be preserved in the minutes of this conference, and will be of permanent record.

Indeed, it is a "permanent record" in the annals of Mormonism. Thank you President Ivins and elder Roberts for your testimonies.
Shulem
God

Re: President Anthony W. Ivins STRIKES AGAIN!!

Post by Shulem »

Apparently it seems, church leaders took some heat from questioning scholars who claim there are problems and difficulties with Book of Mormon geography and other matters. A year after Ivins made his speech regarding Book of Mormon geography it now seems a little backtracking is taking place after dealing with some challenges from academia. President Ivins gives a long protracted discourse on technical matters in an attempt to defend many of the basic claims that seem to show how science contradicts Book of Mormon claims.

General Conference April 1929

President Anthony W. Ivins wrote:
. . . I desire during the short time at my disposal to refer to some of these objections and call your attention to certain developments which have come under my observation during the past few years that tend to establish the divine authenticity of the book and the things which it teaches.

I am going to read first, in justification of the statement which I have just made, from a book that I now hold in my hand. It is entitled, "Sketches of Mexico," and is written by John W. Butler, a man whom I knew, a man who was in Mexico during my early experience as a missionary in that country. This is what he says in reviewing the origin of the Mexican people:

. . . "it is claimed the first Mormons came to this continent, down
to September 22, 1827, when Joseph Smith removed the buried book from
the 'hill Cumorah, Ontario County, N. Y. The whole story is not only a
prententious fraud but also a blasphemous perversion of Old Testament
history."

<snip>

But I must not continue. I call your attention to these facts believing that they will be interesting to you. I appeal to all of the members of the Church to become familiar with the Book of Mormon. I would that all people, whether they be members of the Church or not, would familiarize themselves with that work. Not through rumors that have been circulated in regard to it, not from such statements as are made by Fiske, which I have read to you— an honest man without doubt, but misled because of what others had said, not familiar with the book itself. I would like to apply that same warning that he applies, to myself and to others, that we must be careful lest we, by writing on subjects that we do not understand, make the same mistake that he has made.

<snip>

So I say one by one criticisms which have been made regarding the Book of Mormon are falling by the way through the investigation of scientists who understand their business. I thank the Lord for them and that which they are undertaking to do. I have never had any fear that a thing would be discovered to disprove the truths contained in this book.

<snip>

There is a great deal of talk about the geography of the Book of Mormon. Where was the land of Zarahemla? Where was the City of Zarahemla? and other geographic matters. It does not make any difference to us. There has never been anything yet set forth that definitely settles that question. So the Church says we are just, wailing until we discover the truth. All kinds of theories have been advanced. I have talked with at least half a dozen men that have found the very place where the City of Zarahemla stood, and notwithstanding the fact that they profess to be Book of Mormon students, they vary a thousand miles apart in the places they have located. We do not offer any definite solution. As you study the Book of Mormon keep these things in mind and do not make definite statements concerning things that have not been proven in advance to be true.

(Dr. Shades, please allow me to use red in the above paragraph because it provides a definitive purpose to aid in what I'm trying to express and convey. I will change the color if you insist.)

Immediately following Ivin's long protracted apologetic speech, President Heber J Grant stood up and seemed to hint that Ivin's long-winded presidential associate took too much time off the clock while dumping his backtracking apologetic nonsense on the whole church:

President Heber J Grant wrote:One great difficulty that we have always had in our conferences is to find sufficient time to hear from all whom we would like to have speak here. We will ask some of our missions presidents to speak briefly this morning, and ask that they occupy not to exceed ten minutes.
Shulem
God

Frankly my dear I don't give a damn

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:

Dear brother Philo,

Apostles!! Ivins, Romney, Peterson, etc.

Those apostles are left over dregs of Mormonism, SKUNKS! I don't give a damn what they said. They're the jokers and clowns of modern Mormonism who were selling snakeskin oil for a song and dance. I only care about what Joseph & Oliver said, period. And, I'll show you shortly just what brother Oliver said and nobody was closer to Joseph when he dictated the Book of Mormon than Oliver.

Shulem
God

Re: Oliver Cowdery, Second Elder of the Church

Post by Shulem »

Here is ABSOLUTE PROOF of Oliver Cowdery testifying that Cumorah in which the plates were deposited *is* the very Cumorah within the vicinity of which the Jaredites and Nephites were destroyed. There is nothing to argue; they are one in the same. The testimony was given by the Second Elder of the church and is binding and authoritative. It was published in the church periodical LATTER DAY SAINTS' MESSENGER AND ADVOCATE upon Joseph Smith's direct approval!

Transcript of Oliver Cowdery letter that was later published in the Latter Day Saints’ Messenger and Advocate wrote:
Oliver Cowdery Letter

I must now give you some description of the place where, and the manner in which these records were deposited.

You are acquainted with the mail road from Palmyra, Wayne Co. to Canandaigua, Ontario Co. N.Y. and also, as you pass from the former to the latter place, before arriving at the little village of Manchester, say from three to four, or about four miles from Palmyra, you pass a large hill on the east side of the road. Why I say large, is because it is as large perhaps, as any in that country. To a person acquainted with this road, a description would be unnecessary, as it is the largest and rises the highest of any on that rout. The north end rises quite sudden until it assumes a level with the more southerly extremity, and I think I may say an elevation higher than at the south a short distance, say half or three fourths of a mile. As you pass toward canandaigua it lessens gradually until the surface assumes a level with the more southerly extremity, and I think I may, its common level, or is broken by other smaller hills or ridges, water courses and ravines. I think I am justified in saying that this is the highest hill for some distance round, and I am certain that its appearance, as it rises so suddenly from a plain on the north, must attract the notice of the traveller as he passes by.

At about one mile west rises another ridge of less height, running parallel with the former, leaving a beautiful vale between. The soil is of the first quality for the country, and under a state of cultivation, which gives a prospect at once imposing, when one reflects on the fact, that here, between these hills, the entire power and national strength of both the Jaredites and Nephites were destroyed.

By turning to the 529th and 530th pages of the Book of Mormon you will read Mormon’s account of the last great struggle of his people, as they were encamped round this hill Cumorah. (it is printed Camorah, which is an error.) In this vally fell the remaining strength and pride of a once powerful people, the Nephites—once so highly favored of the Lord, but at that time in darkness, doomed to suffer extermination by the hand of their barbarous and uncivilized brethren. From the top of this hill, Mormon, with a few others, after the battle, gazed with horror upon the mangled remains of those who, the day before, were filled with anxiety, hope or doubt. A few had fled to the South, who were hunted down by the victorious party, and all who would not deny the Saviour and his religion, were put to death. Mormon himself, according to the record of his son Moroni, was also slain.

But a long time previous to this disaster it appears from his own account, he foresaw approaching destruction. In fact, if he perused the records of his fathers, which were in his possession, he could have learned that such would be the case. Alma, who lived before the coming of the Messiah, prophesies this. He, however, by divine appointment, abridged from those records, in his own style and language, a short account of the more important and prominent items, from the days of Lehi to his own time, after which he deposited, as he says, on the 529th page, all the records in this same hill, Cumorah and after gave his small record to his son Moroni, who, as appears from the same, finished, after witnessing the extinction of his people as a nation.

It was not the wicked who overcame the righteous; far from this: it was the wicked against the wicked, and by the wicked the wicked were punished.— The Nephites who were once enlightened, had fallen from a more elevated standing as to favour and privilege before the Lord in consequence of the righteousness of their fathers, and now falling below, for such was actually the case, were suffered to be overcome, and the land was left to the possession of the red men, who were without inteligence, only in the affairs of their wars; and having no records, only preserving their history by tradition from father to son, lost the account of their true origin, and wandered from river to river, from hill to hill, from mountain to mountain, and from sea to sea, till the land was again peopled, in a measure, by a rude, wild, revengful, warlike and barbarous race.— Such are our indians.

This hill, by the Jaredites, was called Ramah: by it, or around it pitched the famous army of Coriantumr their tents. Coriantumr was the last king of the Jaredites The opposing army were to the west, and in this same vally, and near by, from day to day, did that mighty race spill their blood, in wrath, contending, as it were, brother against brother, and father, against son. In this same spot, in full view from the top of this same hill, one may gaze with astonishment upon the ground which was twice covered with the dead and dying of our fellow men.
Shulem
God

Re: Oliver Cowdery, Second Elder of the Church

Post by Shulem »

Shulem wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:42 am
Here is ABSOLUTE PROOF of Oliver Cowdery testifying that Cumorah in which the plates were deposited *is* the very Cumorah within the vicinity of which the Jaredites and Nephites were destroyed. There is nothing to argue; they are one in the same. The testimony was given by the Second Elder of the church and is binding and authoritative. It was published in the church periodical LATTER DAY SAINTS' MESSENGER AND ADVOCATE upon Joseph Smith's direct approval!

Transcript of Oliver Cowdery letter that was later published in the Latter Day Saints’ Messenger and Advocate wrote:
Oliver Cowdery Letter

Oliver Cowdery's personal *testimony* of the actual physical location of the Hill Cumorah as it relates to the story told in the Book of Mormon was published in the LATTER DAY SAINTS' MESSENGER AND ADVOCATE provided in the link above.

With that said, the testimony was so important that it was later published in the official church periodical TIMES AND SEASONS in 1841, scroll down to lower half of page 378.

Again, all of this meets with President Joseph Smith's direct approval. The editor of the Times and Seasons for that edition was Don Carlos Smith, brother of the prophet Joseph Smith. All of this is absolute PROOF that Joseph Smith taught and testified that the Hill Cumorah in New York State was the actual battle ground in which the ancient Nephites perished. This testimony from the prophet and the Second Elder of the church cannot be impeached or denied by modern apologists who are trying to change the story to meet their own vain expectations! Nobody can change the testimony given by Joseph Smith & Oliver Cowdery!

Nobody!
Shulem
God

Hallowed ground

Post by Shulem »

And now more from the personal testimony of Oliver Cowdery which continued in the very next publication of the Times and Seasons in May of 1841 taken from:

Oliver Cowdery, “Letter VIII,” October 1835

Oliver Cowdery wrote:
. . . It was at the second mentioned place where the record was found deposited, on the west side of the hill, not far from the top down its side; and when myself visited the place in the year 1830, there were several trees standing: enough to cause a shade in summer, but not so much as prevent the surface being covered with grass-which was also the case when the record was first found.

Whatever may be the feelings of men on the reflection of past acts which have been performed on certain portions or spots of this earth, I know not neither does it add or diminish to nor from the reality of my subject. When Moses heard the voice of God, at the foot of Horeb, out of the burning bush, he was commanded to take his shoes off his feet, for the ground on which he stood was holy. The same may be observed when Joshua beheld the "Captain of the Lord's host" by Jericho.-And I confess that my mind was filled with many reflection; and though I did not then loose my shoe, yet with gratitude to God did I offer up the sacrifice of my heart.

How far below the surface these records were placed by Moroni, I am unable to say;

<snip>

It is sufficient for my present purpose, to know, that such is the fact: that in 1823, yes 1823, a man with whom I have had the most intimate and personal acquaintance, for almost seven years, actually discovered by the vision of God, the plates from which the Book of Mormon, as much as it is disbelieved, was translated!

<snip>

The manner in which the plates were deposited: First a hole of sufficient depth, (how deep I know not,) was dug. At the bottom of this was laid a stone of suitable size the upper surface being smooth. At each edge was placed a large quantity of cement, and into this cement, at the four edges of this stone, were placed, erect, four others, their bottom edges resting in the cement at the outer edges of the first stone. The four last named, when placed erect, formed a box, the corners, or where the edges of the four came in contact, were also cemented so firmly that the moisture from without was prevented from entering. It is to be observed, also, that the inner surface of the four erect, or side stones was smooth.

<snip>

I have now given you, according to my promise, the manner in which this record was deposited; though when it was first visited by our brother, in 1823, a part of the crowning stone was visible above the surface while the edges were conceald [concealed] by the soil and grass, from which circumstance you will see, that however deep this box might have been placed by Moroni at first, the time had been sufficient to wear the earth so that it was easily discovered, when once directed, and yet not enough to make a perceivable difference to the passer by.

<snip>

You will have wondered, perhaps, that the mind of our brother should be so occupied with the thoughts of the goods of this world, at the time arriving at Cumorah, on the morning of the 22nd of September, 1823, after having been wrapt [rapt] in the visions of heaven during the night, and also seeing and hearing in open day;

<blah blah blah>

As ever your brother in the Lord Jesus.

Oliver Cowdery.

To W. W. Phelps

Thus, Oliver considered the territory hallowed grounds much like Moses & Joshua upon the ground they walked during their biblical quests. Oliver testified earlier that this very spot of ground was where the Nephites fought their battles and perished as a nation. Nobody was more qualified to speak about the sacred nature of the land in New York State other than the prophet Joseph Smith who fully instructed Oliver in everything he needed to know.
Shulem
God

"A INTERESTING ACCOUNT of SEVERAL REMARKABLE VISIONS, and of THE LATE DISCOVERY of ANCIENT AMERICAN RECORDS."

Post by Shulem »

And now to appeal to a pamphlet used to proselyte in Britain that was written by a Mormon apostle, a clown of the Mormon circus ministry, Pratt. The account is somewhat embellished in geography but does take into consideration that Mormon views were changing and allowing for greater expansion of what was previously considered standard Book of Mormon GEOGRAPHY. Even Joseph Smith was later to accept an expansion when he learned about ruins down in Central America -- attributed as evidence of the ancient Book of Mormon peoples.

Here are two quotes taken from Apostle Pratt's pamphlet as he tendered the message of the restored gospel to the poor people of Britain:

Orson Pratt, A Interesting Account of Several Remarkable Visions, 1840

Orson Pratt 1840 wrote:. . . Lamanites, because of the hardness of their hearts, brought down many judgments upon their own heads; nevertheless, they were not destroyed as a nation; but the Lord God sent forth a curse upon them, and they became a dark, loathsome, and filthy people. Before their rebellion, they were white and exceedingly fair, like the Nephites; but the Lord God cursed them in their complexions, and they were changed to a dark colour; :o
Orson Pratt 1840 wrote:At length, the Nephites were driven before their enemies, a great distance to the north, and north-east; and having gathered their whole nation together, both men, women, and children, they encamped on, and round about the hill Cumorah, where the records were found, which is in the State of New York, about two hundred miles west of the city of Albany. Here they were met by the numerous hosts of the Lamanites, and were slain, and hewn down, and slaughtered, both male and female—the aged, middle aged, and children. Hundreds of thousands were slain on both sides; and the nation of the Nephites were destroyed, excepting a few who had deserted over to the Lamanites, and a few who escaped into the south country, and a few who fell wounded, and were left by the Lamanites on the field of battle for dead, among whom were Mormon and his son Moroni, who were righteous men.