Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself! The Golden Key!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
huckelberry
God

Re: Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself! The Golden Key!

Post by huckelberry »

Shulem, Not too long ago you and I discussed the building of a temple by Nephi. You insisted the temple would be a grand stone affair but that was not possible given the people required for such a thing. I suggested a small wood and reeds affair in the shape and pattern of the Jerusalem temple. I realize that the wording suggests what you see and not what I substituted. I am wondering how much in the Book of Mormon actually indicates stone buildings. I was skimming through a bit and found references to people living in wood buildings or tents.

If people were living in wood or tents that would fit the area you are speaking about better than Mexico. Joseph would have been aware that there were not remains of stone cities in eastern coastal areas. There is mention of destruction of cities which in imagination could get rid of some stone buildings but it fits easier to see Nephites and Lamenites living in small wood homes or tents whose remains would have long ago disappeared.
Shulem
God

Re: Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself! The Golden Key!

Post by Shulem »

huckelberry wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:12 pm
Shulem, Not too long ago you and I discussed the building of a temple by Nephi. You insisted the temple would be a grand stone affair but that was not possible given the people required for such a thing. I suggested a small wood and reeds affair in the shape and pattern of the Jerusalem temple. I realize that the wording suggests what you see and not what I substituted. I am wondering how much in the Book of Mormon actually indicates stone buildings. I was skimming through a bit and found references to people living in wood buildings or tents.

If people were living in wood or tents that would fit the area you are speaking about better than Mexico. Joseph would have been aware that there were not remains of stone cities in eastern coastal areas. There is mention of destruction of cities which in imagination could get rid of some stone buildings but it fits easier to see Nephites and Lamenites living in small wood homes or tents whose remains would have long ago disappeared.

Indeed, that conversation took place up in the Celestial Forum. The thread takes an exhaustive look at how Nephites were reported to work with stone and other building materials:

“I, Nephi, did build a temple; and I did construct it after the manner of the temple of Solomon”

Interesting to note that Smith's description of Lamanites and their dwellings fits perfectly with native Americans living in his own day and within regions I suppose not too far from his own place of residence. Native Americans were alive and well at that time and Smith knew all about them since telling imaginary stories from his youth.

There is no question that Smith would have assumed that all the wood structures, tents, and even adobe buildings would have long since crumbled into mother earth to never be found or discovered. The only thing that may have given him serious pause from an archeological standpoint would be Nephite temples and other Nephite buildings of significance that might have withstood the test of time. Twenty three year old Joseph had a story to tell and he told it, starting with Martin Harris and then Oliver Cowdery. Nobody objected to his reasoning but they faithfully recorded what he mumbled from his hat. Smith picked up the ball and ran with it. He let the chips fall where they would. But I tend to think he felt reasonably safe in thinking that ruins and archeology in a wet climate and with fertile soil would crumble and dissolve back to mother earth.

The Book of Mormon wars that occurred at New York Cumorah as confirmed by Oliver Cowdery to having been the very location in which those wars took place is very suggestive that Smith assumed that the earth naturally claimed what was left on it over the course of over a thousand years.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

malkie wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:32 pm
Ether 5 wrote: 1 And now I, Moroni, have written the words which were commanded me, according to my memory; and I have told you the things which I have sealed up; therefore touch them not in order that ye may translate; for that thing is forbidden you, except by and by it shall be wisdom in God.

2 And behold, ye may be privileged that ye may show the plates unto those who shall assist to bring forth this work;

3 And unto three shall they be shown by the power of God; wherefore they shall know of a surety that these things are true.
Interesting that the Book of Mormon prophets did not foresee the 8 witnesses.

Or were they not part of JSJr's original "plot"?

I feel confident that Smith had a baseline chronology to work with while telling his story. I've discussed that in great detail up in the Celestial Forum in this thread:

600 Years in The Book of Mormon

I also think that Smith originally planned to meld the two stories of the Nephites and the Jaredites with more detail but it seems the Jaredite story was rushed and it comes across as rather abbreviated. I think Smith was just wanting to get the book done and that the main story had exhausted him. It was a lot to keep up with. All those dates and keeping everything consistent taxed his ability to carry on. So, I think the book was cut rather short. Plus, we lost out on what was in the 116 Page Manuscript and that really caused Smith to become somewhat despondent and lose a little of the fire. But once the fire was restoked he took up the work again and produced what we have. Smith gave his all. I don't think he had anymore to give. It wore him out.

I definitely think that Smith went into the story knowing beforehand that he would write THREE WITNESSES into the script and that he could fairly easily manage to produce them when presenting his book to the world. He already had Martin & Oliver in his back pocket. The eight witnesses certainly seems to be more of an afterthought whereby things went really well for him and so he picked up more votes of confidence.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

I must interject to say that the Book of Ether reads much like cheap novel that was written and produced for a cartoon series. Smith was very tired at that point and was just wanting to get the bloody book finished. Ether really shows signs of Smith falling apart and becoming unable to fill in the cracks. His tube was empty and he was squeezed out. The bucket was dry. Get on with the story and please, just finish the damn thing.

I bear solemn testimony in the name of Joseph Smith that the Book of Mormon is a complete fabrication of the human mind which was invented out of the sheer desire to get noticed and become famous. Smith was completely emerged in his lies and fantasy that it really was his reality as he perceived it.

There is more to come in this thread. It's NOT over, yet -- hell no! Surprises and golden nuggets will follow.

Blessed are those who have read thus far.

;)
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

For those lucky posters who have bothered to follow along with this thread and learn valuable information about Book of Mormon geography from the mind of Joseph Smith via Shulem, you'll be happy to know there is more to come.

I've said little about the Jaredites and the account recorded in Ether about their migration from the Old World to the promised land. I want readers to know that I've cracked that code too and in time will reveal astounding secrets about how Smith came up with his Jaredite migration story and from where they came, their trek across lands, and where they finally landed in America.

You will, along with those 8 barges, be blown away! Are you interested? Have you been reading this thread? If not, go back from the beginning and read it and understand it. Then you will be prepared to meet the Jaredites.

I will probably start a NEW thread when I drop the Jaredite bomb on the Discuss Mormonism board. Oh, man, things will never, ever, be the same.

PS. Dr. Shades, I may have to borrow a little more red ink if you don't mind.

:twisted:
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Shulem wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:43 pm
For those lucky posters who have bothered to follow along with this thread and learn valuable information about Book of Mormon geography from the mind of Joseph Smith via Shulem, you'll be happy to know there is more to come.

I've said little about the Jaredites and the account recorded in Ether about their migration from the Old World to the promised land. I want readers to know that I've cracked that code too and in time will reveal astounding secrets about how Smith came up with his Jaredite migration story and from where they came, their trek across lands, and where they finally landed in America.

You will, along with those 8 barges, be blown away! Are you interested? Have you been reading this thread? If not, go back from the beginning and read it and understand it. Then you will be prepared to meet the Jaredites.

I will probably start a NEW thread when I drop the Jaredite bomb on the Discuss Mormonism board. Oh, man, things will never, ever, be the same.

PS. Dr. Shades, I may have to borrow a little more red ink if you don't mind.

:twisted:
Excellent, looking forward to hearing where the Jaredite story came from! More and more, I am coming to appreciate Smith’s talent for absorbing every piece of information around him and assembling it into something that deeply resonates with his audience. He was a Master storyteller. It reminds me a bit of The Giver, and the role of “the Receiver of Memory.”
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Moksha wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:55 am
Given the distance from the Delmarva Peninsula, how did anyone know about the Hill Cumorah, other than Joseph Smith?
It is 320 miles from Baltimore to Palmyra New York. How would they have even known about the hill? Why not go to Bar Harbor Maine for an extraordinary shoreline or Newark New Jersey for a natural hell portal? Did they have a prophecy that young Joseph Smith would be wandering in the woods there at a future date? Fictional stories leave so much to the imagination of the readers. Some readers are just better at this stuff than others, such as Shulem over the apologists.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:07 pm
Moksha wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:55 am
Given the distance from the Delmarva Peninsula, how did anyone know about the Hill Cumorah, other than Joseph Smith?
It is 320 miles from Baltimore to Palmyra New York. How would they have even known about the hill? Why not go to Bar Harbor Maine for an extraordinary shoreline or Newark New Jersey for a natural hell portal? Did they have a prophecy that young Joseph Smith would be wandering in the woods there at a future date? Fictional stories leave so much to the imagination of the readers. Some readers are just better at this stuff than others, such as Shulem over the apologists.

Hold on there, you don't want to think in modern terms. Smith never saw a modern day map nor did he travel on our paved roads. It may be 320 miles from Baltimore to Palmyra by car following the roads that are in place today but it's only 260 miles as the crow flies and you can bet that travelers back then took the shortest possible route across the land on whatever roads or byways that were available at the time.

Back then, the world seemed like a much larger place than it does today. They traveled by horse and carriage and their ships were small and it took a long time to get anywhere. Traveling was dangerous and required much planning and provisions. The world really was a larger place at that time. Today, we move about very easy. I, jump in my Camaro (jet black) and skip about town with no trouble at all. I look at the maps and nothing seems too big. I can board a plane and go wherever I want and get back fast.

Joseph Smith's Delmarva Peninsula seemed like a good ways off from Cumorah. Civilization at that time had grown and they covered the land. At that point, his story had really stretched itself across a vast distance upon the heartland. As far as Smith was concerned, the promised land was the USA under the flag of red, white, and blue. The rest of the continent and the frontiers belonged to other countries and were not the land of promise inhabited by the Nephites and Jaredites.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Lem wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:19 pm
Excellent, looking forward to hearing where the Jaredite story came from! More and more, I am coming to appreciate Smith’s talent for absorbing every piece of information around him and assembling it into something that deeply resonates with his audience. He was a Master storyteller. It reminds me a bit of The Giver, and the role of “the Receiver of Memory.”

I'm so glad you're following this thread and benefiting from it. It thrills me to think that you and others on this board are taking interest in the things that I'm sharing. I do plan to address the Jaredites when I get around to it. Do you think I should do it in this forum or take it up into the Celestial Forum? You know I've been having a pretty good time up there in that forum and am open to the idea of just going up there. What do you think, Lem? What would be best?

Anyone else have thoughts on that?
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Shulem wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:11 pm
Joseph Smith's Delmarva Peninsula seemed like a good ways off from Cumorah. Civilization at that time had grown and they covered the land. At that point, his story had really stretched itself across a vast distance upon the heartland. As far as Smith was concerned, the promised land was the USA under the flag of red, white, and blue.
At least they had discovered the Cumberland Gap. I imagine Moroni canoed up the Hudson River as far as it could safely be traversed.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace