Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself! The Golden Key!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself! The Golden Key!

Post by Moksha »

Hurricanes, cyclones, and tornadoes look a bit similar in a circular sort of way.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Joseph gets an idea!

Post by Shulem »

Hmmm, I'm barely 20 years old and am just a lowly farmer and really don't know much about science or the evolution of how the planet evolves. But looking at this map below I think Jesus did it when he appeared to the Indians and will someday write that into the story:

3 Nephi 8 wrote: 11 And there was a great and terrible destruction in the land southward.

13 And the highways were broken up, and the level roads were spoiled, and many smooth places became rough.

18 And behold, the rocks were rent in twain; they were broken up upon the face of the whole earth, insomuch that they were found in broken fragments, and in seams and in cracks, upon all the face of the land.Image
Shulem
God

Re: Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself! The Golden Key!

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:52 pm
Hurricanes, cyclones, and tornadoes look a bit similar in a circular sort of way.

True. Book of Mormon whirlwinds were a devastating event that would sweep the land and people away with a great tide of wind and water. The ocean is the originator of all such great storms and Joseph Smith knew that. Book of Mormon lands are coastal and are adjacent to the vast ocean. This leaves the Heartlanders in the dust! And the Mesoamericans don't have a narrow neck or a leg to stand on. It's over for them too!

The war over the Book of Mormon is about to end. These are exciting times and the scene is winding up. The Book of Mormon war must end.
Shulem
God

BLAST FROM THE PAST

Post by Shulem »

Lo and behold, interested readers may be surprised to know that I challenged the narrow neck dilemma on this message board 15 years ago when I opened a thread in the Celestial Forum. There were many great minds that jumped into the discussion including Dr. Shades. At that time I was a faithful apologist in the Church and regularly attending the temple as my sacred duty. I think it would be fun to include some of my choice clips from that thread and paste them here to pay homage to my old self as I was searching quietly for the the true Book of Mormon geography. I strongly disagreed with the models presented by apologists of the day, especially FARMS. I challenge today's apologists to come here to Discuss Mormonism and try and reconvert me! Show me the narrow neck! :twisted:

Narrow neck of land (Mormon Discussions)

Paul Osborne wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:07 pm
Where the heck is the narrow neck of land spoken of in the Book of Mormon - the same which divides the north from the south, surrounded by water? A Nephite can walk the distance from east to west in a day and a half.

Paul O
Paul Osborne wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:01 am
charity wrote:The idea that the "narrow neck of land" is the Isthmus of Darien (Panama) has long been put to rest. Tehuantepec is the much more likely location.

<bad link>

Thanks for the link; I will print it and likely read it in the bubble bath tonight. But I'm very skeptical of this spot of ground because from what I’ve been able to surmise it does not conform to the descriptive text of the Book of Mormon. I’m looking for a one and a half day journey from east to west – no more and no less. I’ve gone over the Book of Mormon text quite carefully and just can’t see that fat Mexican neck fit the bill. As far as accuracy is concerned I have no reason to think that the one and a half day journey across the boundary of the neck is any more or less than the word of God as preserved in the most accurate book on the face of the earth. I may have a problem looking upward into heavens' blue sky and telling God this is the spot. He might not like me telling him that this neck was the neck of the Book of Mormon.

When I tell God something, it better be the truth. Look, either that Mexican neck is the true neck or it is not. Bottom line: It is either yeah or nay, anything other than that comes from evil.

So, with that said, I’ll take another look at that neck based on the link you gave me. But I have a bad feeling about it.

Paul O
Paul Osborne wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:45 am
It was a short article so I’ve briefly looked it over for now. Well, Sorenson’s Mexican runners ran up to 100 miles in a day! That’s quite a feat. But could they continue on for many more mile after that without falling dead with exhaustion? The neck in question is some 120 miles wide at the most narrow point – and that is how the bird flies. But there are mountains and hills along the entire way which adds considerable more mileage to the real trip at hand. When you go up and down hills and mountains it adds a whole new dimension.

I wonder if Sorenson’s runners were on fairly level ground. If that be the case, they surely couldn’t have done the hills and mountains trip because there just ain’t enough hours during waking hours of the day to run it. Can a Nephite run and paddle across the Tehuantepec in a day and a half – up hills and mountains, crossing streams, rocks, and rivers? That sounds like a story to me. But I’ll give it some thought.

The text of the Book of Mormon makes it clear that a Nephite can make the trip in a day and half. Whether he be the greatest athlete in Nephite history or a common man in good health is not for me to say. But I look at the land on Google earth and I can honestly say there is no way that I (age 45) could make the trip on foot or on river in a day and a half. That is too much walking and paddling along a rugged way to make it seem feasible. Not to mention the whole stretch of land needed to be amply guarded lest sneaky Lamanites crossed through the borders at night.

It doesn’t sound good, but I’ll think on it some more. Has anyone ever tried to make the trip accros the Tehuantepec in a day and a half? has this been tested? It needs to be tested. The Maxwell Intitute needs to send a few brave men to see if they can actually do it. Until the actual trip is tested it is just talk and no walk. Let them set a course how ever they like through land and river and see if the best athletes at BYU can make the course without falling dead before reaching the other side. What would it take to fund this exhibition? I venture to say there are thousands of people both in and out of the Church that would help fund this mission. Let us see if this neck of land can pass a basic test required by the Book of Mormon.

Paul O
Paul Osborne wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:39 pm
moksha wrote:Thos who built the Panama Canal certainly learned you could not walk that distance in that time. What about up by the Great Lakes region?

The Great Lakes region mystifies me if it really is Zarahemla. I’ve been looking at all possible places wherein a narrow neck could be identified. But so far it’s not materialized in my view. I’ve even considered Baja California and have spent many hours studying its terrain.

I’ve looked over the Panama neck too, but it has some drawbacks in meeting required points mentioned in Book of Mormon text.

Paul O
Paul Osborne wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:48 am
Although the land was broken up and the rocks cracked due to the shaking of the earth it is reasonable to assume that the basic geographical shape of the Book of Mormon bounderies were constant. There was the narrow neck and the two lands: North and south. Some cities were sunk suggesting that the coastslines were deformed to some degree. But there remained a "narrow neck", nonetheless.

Charity, you infer that I need to read the Book of Mormon text carefully. Well, I’ve done that more times than I have fingers and toes. Look, the trip across the narrow neck is from sea to sea, thus, feet in the sands of the eastern sea and feet in the sands of the western sea. Common sense tells me that it is what Alma meant even though he did not spell it out in plain English like you might require. Indeed, the distance of a Nephite in traversing the neck is from beach to beach – putting it plainly, that’s the west beach on one side of the land and the east beach on the other side. The whole line must be fortified lest the Lamanites sneak through. The Nephite generals understood this quite well.

Paul O
Paul Osborne wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:46 pm
Dr. Shades wrote:Paul O:

What is your opinion of my statement that the only region which meets all the Book of Mormon qualifications for the "Narrow Neck of Land" is the Isthmus of Niagra?

I’ve looked at the Isthmus of Niagara carefully and have read apologetic theories on this point. But it just doesn’t seem to fit the bill. I’d be happy to see it agree with the Book of Mormon map but in my mind it doesn’t. Frankly, I’ve pulled out some of my hair trying to figure this one out. Book of Mormon geography is an enigma. I’ve ever been one to believe Cumorah was in New York just like so many have also believed, but there are obvious problems in defining the geographical place settings as they relate to the descriptions given in the Book of Mormon.

I have an open mind and am looking at all places on the American continent. I just don’t have the answers at this time. But I will eventually.

Paul O
Paul Osborne wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:53 am
Blixa wrote:Thanks Paul. I knew you would have a different take on it than the standard apologetic "empirical" dismissal (the geography is wrong for the Book of Mormon) and yet still posit a believing view. I find your views much like a breeze coming before rains, too, since your ideas always have an internal logic to them and are grounded more in "faith" than in trying to bend the laws of nature or simultaneously use and dismiss science in an effort to some how prove something is "true" or not: the "mainstream" apologetic MO. In fact I seriously wonder why FARMS/FAIR et. al have taken this route and not the course you've charted. It seems that while they hold out for faith as a last ditch catch all, their first line of defense is always an attempt to try to fit things into "scientifistic" or faux academic discourses.

Shouldn't it all be about faith anyway? Not that I would find that an adequate explanation myself, but as I said, at least it has a certain internal consistency and even dignity.

You’re too kind. Well, religion in all its facets and degrees is all about faith. Everything we know and understand about Jesus is based on faith which is rooted by our personal spiritual perspective and inspiration.

I wish FARMS would change the way they do business. They are too busy trying to defend the various hot topics in a worldly way. Indeed, in my view FARMS is just as worldly as the world itself. Within that organization there is a lot of pride and a willingness to defend their views at all costs – using whatever academic methods suit their fancy. Little wonder they upset the critics so much. They upset me too and I’m not even a critic!

Pride within the Church in the last days will have to eventually be overcome before the House of Israel is truly clean. I wonder how many members of the Church are aware of the pride in LDS academics? I think many good LDS people tend to think that this sort of thing is not possible and thus, they put their faith in FARMS. Faith in FARMS!

Paul O
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Look how close Moksha was to the truth!

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

And then, as you can see from my brown arrow, this was what I thought would have to happen for the Book of Mormon novel-narrative to make sense because of the place names Joseph Smith took from his Great Lakes/Western New York region. However, once you overlaid your theory over the delmarva peninsula it all clicked for me. I had a similar epiphany where I was like, “Ooooooooh! I get it now! He was picturing, loosely, the narrative of the Late War taking place right there, and he simply used names he was familiar with so he could plagiarize the story, but give it his native-american-were-jews twist! His story takes place right there because so does a good portion of the Late War!”

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:18 am
However, once you overlaid your theory over the delmarva peninsula it all clicked for me. I had a similar epiphany where I was like, “Ooooooooh! I get it now!

I'm just glad you took the time to ask me to do a picture or diagram. I didn't realize it would have such an impact because it's all been burned into my own mind's eye in a very vivid way and everything I've expressed in this thread is pictured within the visualization of my imagination. If only I had done those pictures earlier then it may have made a difference. It goes to show that written language is not enough. Truly, a picture tells a thousands words and in this case it tells a million.

This thread has been a ride. There are a lot of views and I wonder if people are actually reading this stuff or just click away and go read something stupid instead. This thread is the BOMB! I feel totally armed to the teeth, locked and loaded, bring the apologists before me and I'll wipe them all out single-handedly with my hands tied behind my back and blindfolded. I'm absolutely empowered! Besides, I got Joseph Smith on my side and that makes me invincible. And with Philo on my side taking shots it's a turkey shoot.

Let's hunt apologists!

:D
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Shulem wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:56 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
However, once you overlaid your theory over the delmarva peninsula it all clicked for me. I had a similar epiphany where I was like, “Ooooooooh! I get it now!

I'm just glad you took the time to ask me to do a picture or diagram. I didn't realize it would have such an impact because it's all been burned into my own mind's eye in a very vivid way and everything I've expressed in this thread is pictured within the visualization of my imagination. If only I had done those pictures earlier then it may have made a difference. It goes to show that written language is not enough. Truly, a picture tells a thousands words and in this case it tells a million.

This thread has been a ride. There are a lot of views and I wonder if people are actually reading this stuff or just click away and go read something stupid instead. This thread is the BOMB! I feel totally armed to the teeth, locked and loaded, bring the apologists before me and I'll wipe them all out single-handedly with my hands tied behind my back and blindfolded. I'm absolutely empowered! Besides, I got Joseph Smith on my side and that makes me invincible. And with Philo on my side taking shots it's a turkey shoot.

Let's hunt apologists!

:D
I think as you move forward with your theory, it’d be helpful for viewers to see it more as a presentation. Perhaps treat it like a TEDTalk with visual aids. Most people don’t read beyond a sentence or two, or perhaps a quick skim if you’re lucky - especially considering this topic is more academic than entertaining. This is why pictures and videos are so successful, because people do better seeing and watching. I know when I’d do a presentation in the Army I’d always have a slide up, and then I’d bring them into the slide, help them navigate the slide, and then discuss the material in a manner that’d bring us to the next visual aid. If you can keep the visual aids simple and sequential it makes a world of difference. Books and lectures are for academics, but in order to educate the masses it’s about paring the information down, and then baby stepping them through the material with pictures. It is what it is.

- Doc
Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Shulem wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:56 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

This thread has been a ride. There are a lot of views and I wonder if people are actually reading this stuff or just click away and go read something stupid instead.
granted I read some pretty stupid stuff, but I always take the time to read your threads!
This thread is the BOMB!
yes it is!
Shulem
God

Dan & Shulem

Post by Shulem »

Daniel C. Peterson wrote:
Shulem,

Having now learned that the width of the narrow neck is only the distance of one day wide rather than one and a half that we previously attributed to that distance, I'm going to have to run that much faster to prove my model works.

Shulem wrote:
Dan,

It's a matter of simple math, directions, and reading comprehension. How is you guys got it wrong all those years?

Last edited by Shulem on Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.