Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself! The Golden Key!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Shulem
God

Re: Narrow Neck Twilight Zone

Post by Shulem »

(Dr. Shades, I need a little more red text. Please, forgive me.)

Alma 22:31,32 wrote:And they came from there up into the south wilderness. Thus the land on the northward was called Desolation, and the land on the southward was called Bountiful, it being the wilderness which is filled with all manner of wild animals of every kind, a part of which had come from the land northward for food.

And now, it was only the distance of a day and a half’s journey for a Nephite, on the line Bountiful and the land Desolation, from the east to the west sea; and thus the land of Nephi and the land of Zarahemla were nearly surrounded by water, there being a small neck of land between the land northward and the land southward.

You've read that statement made by Alma many times and you think you understand it, but do you? It's a day and a half's journey for a Nephite -- but a journey through what? The land of Desolation is located north of the narrow neck and Bountiful is located south of the neck. That seems simple enough or, does it? Apologists have assumed the day and a half was the distance across the width of the narrow neck from Sea West to Sea East, but is it?

No, it's not the distance of the width of the narrow neck from side to side or east to west! That is not what Joseph Smith implied. It's the distance of the length of the narrow neck from north to south, the neck being between the seas! In other words, it's not a distance measured on a horizontal run from east to west but a vertical run from north to south!

1) "on the line Bountiful"
2) "and the land Desolation,"
3) "from the east"
4) "to the west sea"
5) "a small neck of land"
6) "between the land northward and the land southward"

In other words, the distance is measured from Bountiful's northern horizontal border which is "on the line Bountiful" to the southern horizontal border of Desolation!

From border to border, north and south, leading through the narrow neck that is flanked by the seas!

Psyche!

The "distance" is what it takes for a healthy man to march from the line Bountiful through the narrow neck until reaching Desolation. It's "the journey for a Nephite", one who is healthy and strong, an ordinary man, to make the march in average time. It's not a reference to a marathon or a race but the amount of time it takes an ordinary man to march the distance from point A to point B. That's what Joseph Smith meant regarding the distance of the narrow neck in the above reference.

Hence, the distance is what it takes to traverse the narrow neck from north to south or from south to north across and through the narrow neck. It's the distance from the line Bountiful to the land Desolation!

BUT what about the distance of the narrow neck from side to side, or from east to west -- the actual WIDTH of the neck that separates the two lands? Everyone has wrongly assumed it was a day and a half because they have misinterpreted Joseph Smith's words. But, behold, the Book of Mormon gives us an exact answer to that question and it's not something the apologists take kindly to. Not at all! They obfuscate Smith's words in order to appease their listeners and defend the Church at any cost.

We learn in Helaman 3 that there were mass Nephite migrations from Zarahemla and the southern lands northward of the narrow neck. The northern lands became greatly populated even to a great distance where there were large bodies of water and many rivers. Helaman 4 tells of war between the Nephites and Lamanites; moreover, the campaigns of the Lamanites were so successful "they succeeded in obtaining possession of the land of Zarahemla; yea, and also all the lands, even unto the land which was near the land Bountiful."

:o

This is when we learn that "the Nephites and the armies of Moronihah were driven even into the land of Bountiful" with their backs to the narrow neck they faced the approaching Lamanites to the south who had taken all the lands south. The Nephites had no choice other than to stand their ground and fight or flee into the land northward. The Nephites stood there ground and went down to battle against the Lamanites and in time they regained half the territory.

Now, with that said, prior to the time when the Nephites regained territory from the Lamanites and while their backs were up against the narrow neck and left to defend Bountiful we are given the GOLDEN KEY for the narrow neck of land!

It would have been utterly disastrous if the Lamanites had penetrated the narrow neck and entered the northern lands with the Nephites being held up in Bountiful! That would have been a worse case scenario from a military point of view. The Nephites did not flee northward but elected to stand their ground and fight!

:evil:

And so, the most important thing they could do at this juncture was to secure the narrow neck and all the passes that lead through it! And therefore, they "fortified and stationed their armies to defend their north country"; thus, they placed their military on a line to defend the narrow neck from all who dare to penetrate! They fortified the line, plugged the holes, and defended the north country!

:idea:

And in that same verse (Helaman 4:7) we are given the GOLDEN KEY to the narrow neck which tells us exactly how WIDE the neck is on a line from sea to sea:

"a day’s journey for a Nephite"

:shock:

Or in other words, it takes a Nephite a day to traverse the narrow neck on a horizonal line!

Helaman 4:7 wrote:And there they did fortify against the Lamanites, from the west sea, even unto the east; it being a day’s journey for a Nephite, on the line which they had fortified and stationed their armies to defend their north country.

:P

The Isthmus of Delmarva on the "line" Bountiful from sea west to sea east is a day's journey for a Nephite man!

1 day!

I bear testimony of these things that they are verily true, as Joseph Smith is my witness.

In the name of Joseph Smith,

Amen.
Last edited by Shulem on Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moksha
God

Re: Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself!

Post by Moksha »

infinityball wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:54 pm
Second, the ocean near Boston being "Sea North" seems odd. It's very north-east of the peninsula. It feels like stretching the text to make a coastline that is actually east of all land be the "sea north."
Sounds like you are firmly sold on the idea of Taiwan being the site of Book of Mormon happenings. I have to admit that would have made for a more manageable ocean voyage, especially if the Lehite ships set sail from some port on the China coast after visiting Namhuizem (NHM) and constructing ships of curiously floatable bamboo.

Even so, it looks like Shulem has done his research and constructed a model that could be strenuously embraced by the apologists if Dr. Peterson gives his consent.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Re: Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself!

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:52 am
Even so, it looks like Shulem has done his research and constructed a model that could be strenuously embraced by the apologists if Dr. Peterson gives his consent.

Amen to that. And, Peterson will have a harder time dreaming up ways for a Nephite to traverse the Isthmus of Tehuantepec in a single day and Sorenson will have to run even that much faster! Clearly, when one embraces and perceives the entire message Smith gave for the narrow neck of the Book of Mormon Isthmus, it becomes much clearer that he gave the distance in both width and length in order to provide an understanding of domestic travel requirements for those leaving Bountiful and going north to Desolation and military travel requirements in defending the horizontal line that leads into the land northward.

Everything has now fallen into place and it's up to readers of the Book of Mormon to now make that shift and figure out where they will go from here. The game has changed. Nothing will be same anymore now that Delmarva is out of the bag and on the loose. It's not just a crackpot theory made up by some defender of the Book of Mormon but a sound and solid understanding of Joseph Smith's map he used to paint his story and embellish it with whatever he wanted to make it fit his fantasy.

I have to think that critics who learn this information and put it together in the perspective that I've shown in this thread will also have to come to terms that Delmarva really was Smith's geography. Critics need no faith that the Book of Mormon is historical because they already know it's just a novel or a story. Critics don't need any archeological evidence to support Delmarva as the location for the Book of Mormon because they know that the whole story is just made up out of Smith's mind.

So, I ask the critics, won't you join me in accepting Delmarva as Smith's Book of Mormon peninsula? Where else can you really go? Tehuantepec? Panama? Niagara Falls? Please, don't be suckered by the apologists who fed you false information and in effect have brainwashed you into accepting the lands of their apologetic choosing as viable candidates to the map in Smith's head. Join Shulem, make that shift, change course, and set yourself free by knowing the truth.

Amen.
Shulem
God

Who are you?

Post by Shulem »

Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?

I woke up in a Soho doorway
A policeman knew my name
He said "You can go sleep at home tonight
If you can get up and walk away"
I staggered back to the underground
And the breeze blew back my hair
I remember throwing punches around
And preaching from my chair

Well, who are you? (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)
I really want to know (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)
Tell me who are you? (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)
Because I really want to know (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)

Shulem wrote:Please select which answer is the best match for the "narrow neck" as described in the text of the Book of Mormon in which the narrow neck was an important feature of the geographical terrain.

A) Panama
B) Belize-Yucatan base
C) Tehuantepec
D) Niagara Peninsula
E) Isthmus of Delmarva Peninsula

-----------------------------------------------------

E) Shulem
E) simon southerton
Last edited by Shulem on Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
infinityball
Nursery

Post by infinityball »

Moksha wrote:
infinityball wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:54 pm
Second, the ocean near Boston being "Sea North" seems odd. It's very north-east of the peninsula. It feels like stretching the text to make a coastline that is actually east of all land be the "sea north."
Sounds like you are firmly sold on the idea of Taiwan being the site of Book of Mormon happenings. I have to admit that would have made for a more manageable ocean voyage, especially if the Lehite ships set sail from some port on the China coast after visiting Namhuizem (NHM) and constructing ships of curiously floatable bamboo.

I have read this reply several times, and I have no idea what it means. Taiwan? Never heard that one before.

I had always assumed that Joseph Smith was using the entire North/South America region for the setting of the Book of Mormon, and just wildly misunderstood the geography. I mean, if you tell someone there's a "southern land" completely surrounded by water, then a "narrow neck" that leads to a northern land, with a sea to the north of it, Panama is the obvious first thing to come to mind.

The only issue is that North/South America are just way too big to fit the narrative otherwise. But I figured, "Meh, what did Joseph know? He was like 20 years old."

I'll admit I find this hypothesis interesting, even if I'm not yet fully convinced.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

infinityball wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:20 pm
Moksha wrote:

I have read this reply several times, and I have no idea what it means. Taiwan? Never heard that one before.

I had always assumed that Joseph Smith was using the entire North/South America region for the setting of the Book of Mormon, and just wildly misunderstood the geography. I mean, if you tell someone there's a "southern land" completely surrounded by water, then a "narrow neck" that leads to a northern land, with a sea to the north of it, Panama is the obvious first thing to come to mind.

The only issue is that North/South America are just way too big to fit the narrative otherwise. But I figured, "Meh, what did Joseph know? He was like 20 years old."

I'll admit I find this hypothesis interesting, even if I'm not yet fully convinced.

I think Moksha was just making fun and poking around with regards to Taiwan being the land of Nephi. Sometimes Moksha get's confused. ;)

You no longer have any reason to assume that Smith thought that his land of Nephi was way down there yonder among the nations of today's banana republics. Those countries today are anything but God's so-called land of liberty in which the greatest nation on earth would be founded. The Delmarva Peninsula is the sacred and chosen land and the road to Washington DC & Philadelphia is within striking distance.

It is true that Smith was very young when he wrote his novel, just 23 years of age. It's a proven fact that the human brain is not fully developed until age 25. So, Smith was working on a certain level of immaturity and was winging it the best he could. His novel is interesting and complex if you can stand the grammatical redundancy and obvious pilfering of the KJV of the Bible.

Would it convince you do know that a worn out retired military general by the name of Moroni did not walk thousands of miles across lands and rivers to dedicate sites in Utah and then go bury his plates in New York? That did not happen. That is a fantasy that no intelligent and reasonable thinking mind should accept.
Shulem
God

Re: Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself! The Golden Key!

Post by Shulem »

Sorenson wrote:
You're telling me that the text says the width of the neck is a day's journey and the length is a day and a half?

Shulem wrote:That's exactly right, sir. The width of the narrow neck from sea to sea is precisely a day's journey. How is it that a man of your learning was too stupid to figure that out? Why are Mormons so blinded to the truth? You can't put a square peg into a round hole. It won't work.
infinityball
Nursery

Re: Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself! The Golden Key!

Post by infinityball »

Shulem wrote:You can't put a square peg into a round hole. It won't work.
Depends on the size of the hole.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

infinityball wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:50 am
Shulem wrote:You can't put a square peg into a round hole. It won't work.
Depends on the size of the hole.

True that. But just look at the terrain that spans the width of Tehuantepec for some 120 miles. Grueling hills covered with rocks, stickers, and snakes. Try marching that in one day! Not. Going. To. Happen. I couldn't do it in a week!

Apologists have clung faithfully to the Tehuantepec as if it was just enough to keep the faith afloat but everything geographically about the Mesoamerican model is retarded when you compare it to the actual text of the Book of Mormon. North is not north. West is not west. A massive river dividing the land of Zarahemla from the land of Nephi is missing. Nothing adds up. It's a joke. It's like lighting a marajuana joint and taking a huge toke and then waiting for the buzz that says, "All is well."

Then there is the Heartland models.

O.M.G. It insults my intelligence. Those are like watching cartoons. Childish and silly theories made up by grown people who claim to be educated.

:lol:
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Shulem wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:47 am
Nothing adds up. It's a joke. It's like lighting a marijuana joint and taking a huge toke and then waiting for the buzz that says, "All is well."
Did you just have a prescient vision of an Interpreter Foundation board meeting?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace