Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself! The Golden Key!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code

Post by Dr. Shades »

If you aren't going to tell us, in this thread, what you discovered, then what was the point of starting this thread?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:30 am
If you aren't going to tell us, in this thread, what you discovered, then what was the point of starting this thread?

My dear Dr. Shades,

You'll agree that Joseph Smith conceived ideas for the Book of Mormon at an early age. Martin Harris acted as a scribe when Smith was 22 years old but Smith had already conceived fundamental ideas for his story several years prior to that when he was a youth living on his family's farm in New York. His account of the angel Nephi Moroni appearing to him as a youth is evidence that Smith had long been thinking of the so-called inhabitants who lived in America before it was founded and settled by the Europeans. Mother Lucy Smith is on record about how her son often talked about the early inhabitants and how they lived. The Indians fascinated young Joseph. With that said, let me just say that Smith was not well acquainted with science and had a limited understanding of so many things that were simply out of reach for a young uneducated farm boy. Smith was familiar with his immediate surroundings and had a very basic understanding of geography. Access to basic maps were available to the public through various means and in the schools. But generally speaking, when Smith was a youth and began to conceive his original ideas about the Indians, his knowledge and understanding of world views and advanced thinking was on a childlike (ignorant) level. For Joseph, the whole world was an adventure and full of mystery and wonder yet to be explored and accomplished.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Shulem wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:51 am
The answer was always there, so close to home.

There is no place like home.

:)
The treasure map hanging on the wall of his bedroom and perhaps an angel painted on his favorite sleigh?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Shulem wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:26 am
Dr. Shades wrote:
My dear Dr. Shades,

You'll agree that Joseph Smith conceived ideas for the Book of Mormon at an early age. Martin Harris acted as a scribe when Smith was 22 years old but Smith had already conceived fundamental ideas for his story several years prior to that when he was a youth living on his family's farm in New York. His account of the angel Nephi Moroni appearing to him as a youth is evidence that Smith had long been thinking of the so-called inhabitants who lived in America before it was founded and settled by the Europeans. Mother Lucy Smith is on record about how her son often talked about the early inhabitants and how they lived. The Indians fascinated young Joseph. With that said, let me just say that Smith was not well acquainted with science and had a limited understanding of so many things that were simply out of reach for a young uneducated farm boy. Smith was familiar with his immediate surroundings and had a very basic understanding of geography. Access to basic maps were available to the public through various means and in the schools. But generally speaking, when Smith was a youth and began to conceive his original ideas about the Indians, his knowledge and understanding of world views and advanced thinking was on a childlike (ignorant) level. For Joseph, the whole world was an adventure and full of mystery and wonder yet to be explored and accomplished.
That doesn't answer the question.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:57 pm
The treasure map hanging on the wall of his bedroom and perhaps an angel painted on his favorite sleigh?

Indeed, Smith was fascinated with treasure seeking while a youth and later as the Lord's Treasure-prophet while visiting Salem. But the prophet failed to produce the treasure in which his heart was set upon.

And yes, Joseph Smith was into maps. Maps are like guides to show you the way and provide details of what exists. Young Joseph was familiar with the maps of his day to include the United States of America as it existed in his time as well as his local vicinity.

The Book of Mormon makes it clear that America is the great treasure to be had and that those who possess it are of the promise, living in the "promised land". Let me just say that the promised land is NOT Guatemala! :roll:

Notice that the Lord said Lehi and Nephi would prosper in the actual land of promise:
YE SHALL PROSPER, and shall be led to a land of promise; yea, even a land which I have prepared for you; yea, a land which is CHOICE ABOVE ALL OTHER LANDS.

The "choice" land above all other lands is NOT Guatemala! It never was and never will be.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:38 pm
That doesn't answer the question.

Patience is a virtue and you could use a little more of that.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Shulem wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:53 pm
The "choice" land above all other lands is NOT Guatemala! It never was and never will be.

I might also add that the "choice" land in Joseph Smith's mind (at that time) was not so much a reference to a fertile crescent but rather the POLITICAL nature of government that oversees *that* land. Do you see stars and stripes flying on the flag? That is the choice land in which Smith envisioned: Red, white, and blue. (Sorry, Shades, I needed a little red in the font)

I can assure you that Joseph Smith did not envision Guatemala and those lands thereabouts as his "choice" land above all other lands. No! That place is NOT where Lehi landed according to Smith's vision for his story.

Sorry, Daniel C. Peterson. Sorry to have to burst your little bubble. But it will pop by the time I stick my pin in it.

:lol:
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

I'll hazard a guess. Canaan?
Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

Shulem wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:26 am
Dr. Shades wrote:

My dear Dr. Shades,

Brian Hales seems to think the quote "Mother Lucy Smith is on record about how her son often talked about the early inhabitants and how they lived" does not give Joseph a PHD equivalent knowledge that he demonstrated in the Book of Mormon. But that is Brian being Brian.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Dr Moore wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:17 pm
I'll hazard a guess. Canaan?

Shortly after the Book of Mormon was published, Smith developed his own ideas of a land or people of Canaan who lived in the original world setting in which Adam lived -- in America. But unfortunately, for them, they were cursed and their lands received a cursing "forever".

Moses 7 wrote:6 And again the Lord said unto me: Look; and I looked towards the north, and I beheld the people of Canaan, which dwelt in tents.

7 And the Lord said unto me: Prophesy; and I prophesied, saying: Behold the people of Canaan, which are numerous, shall go forth in battle array against the people of Shum, and shall slay them that they shall utterly be destroyed; and the people of Canaan shall divide themselves in the land, and the land shall be barren and unfruitful, and none other people shall dwell there but the people of Canaan;

8 For behold, the Lord shall curse the land with much heat, and the barrenness thereof shall go forth forever; and there was a blackness came upon all the children of Canaan, that they were despised among all people.

So much for Canaan.

:mrgreen: