Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself! The Golden Key!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Shulem
God

Delmarva Peninsula

Post by Shulem »

Thus, below the narrow neck is Bountiful, Zarahemla, and the Land of Nephi at the southern tip which belongs to the state of Virginia.

Shulem
God

Re: Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code

Post by Shulem »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:38 pm
That doesn't answer the question.

Well, my dear Dr. Shades, I hope you're satisfied with my answers to your "question".

Don't you think I deserve a glass of wine tonight with my salmon dinner that my loving queer husband is preparing for me?

:D
Shulem
God

Re: Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:18 am
I'm looking forward to seeing what you have come up with Shulem.

And, I'm looking forward to hearing what you think about what I've come up with.
Shulem
God

Welcome to the Book of Mormon!

Post by Shulem »

Map showing the Land of Nephi by John Melish, published in Philadelphia, 1813.

Notice the narrow neck of land leading to the north.

Folks, this *IS* Joseph Smith's Book of Mormon geography.

Now YOU know.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself!

Post by Philo Sofee »

Lucy Smith
While Joseph remained here, the angel showed him by contrast, the difference between good and evil; and the consequenses which <​would​> follow both obedience and disobedience to the commandments of God, in such a striking and forcible manner, that the impression was always bright in his recolection, until the very end of his days. And, in giving a relation of this circumstance, not long prior to his death, he remarked: that ever afterwards he was willing to keep the commandments of God.
Gee, there is nothing like showing him his entire life in the future, both ways so as to LET him be FREE in his choice and live by FAITH not KNOWLEDGE as Mormons today teach is there... :roll:
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself!

Post by Philo Sofee »

Shulem you may very well have something geographically here!
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:04 am
Shulem you may very well have something geographically here!
:)

I do.

:D
Shulem
God

We now know. Thank you for your story, Joseph Smith.

Post by Shulem »

Rick Grunder
Sunbeam

Post by Rick Grunder »

So, in this proposed scenario, what do we do with the story of Hagoth, which doesn't fit the map? . . .
And it came to pass that Hagoth, he being an exceedingly curious man, therefore he went forth and built him an exceedingly large ship, on the borders of the land Bountiful, by the land Desolation, and launched it forth into the west sea, by the narrow neck which led into the land northward.

And behold, there were many of the Nephites who did enter therein and did sail forth with much provisions, and also many women and children; and they took their course northward.
- Alma 63:5-6
“I prefer tongue-tied knowledge to ignorant loquacity.”
― Cicero, De Oratore - Book III
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Rick Grunder wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:27 am
So, in this proposed scenario, what do we do with the story of Hagoth, which doesn't fit the map? . . .
And it came to pass that Hagoth, he being an exceedingly curious man, therefore he went forth and built him an exceedingly large ship, on the borders of the land Bountiful, by the land Desolation, and launched it forth into the west sea, by the narrow neck which led into the land northward.

And behold, there were many of the Nephites who did enter therein and did sail forth with much provisions, and also many women and children; and they took their course northward.
- Alma 63:5-6

A question? Oh, goody.

A "large" ship is relative to what one may conceive as being built by primitives. What is large? What was large to Joseph Smith who must have seen some ships in his own day traveling up and down the river in his own community. Where did they go after they launched and left the Chesapeake Bay? Well, out into the bay and up the river, north, onward they went. Up the Susquehanna River to Harrisburg or perhaps further into New York state.

Who can say?

"launched it forth into the west sea, by the narrow neck which led INTO the land northward"