Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself! The Golden Key!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself! The Golden Key!

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

This really puts your theory into clarity for me. Thank you. It also makes hauling the golden plates up to Cumorah plausible within the story’s narrative.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Shulem
God

Re: Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself! The Golden Key!

Post by Shulem »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:19 am
This really puts your theory into clarity for me. Thank you. It also makes hauling the golden plates up to Cumorah plausible within the story’s narrative.

- Doc

THANKS! And that is just how Joseph imagined it while he told his story with his face buried in a hat and Oliver dutifully writing what he said.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Shulem wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:26 am
THANKS! And that is just how Joseph imagined it while he told his story with his face buried in a hat and Oliver dutifully writing what he said.
Had Joseph mentioned Delmarva, it would have allowed apologists to concentrate their efforts on bolstering
the Moon Quaker narrative.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:58 am
Shulem wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:26 am
Had Joseph mentioned Delmarva, it would have allowed apologists to concentrate their efforts on bolstering
the Moon Quaker narrative.

Actually, had Joseph revealed the landing place of Lehi there would have been an undertaking to explore the peninsula in order to locate and identify archeological evidence. Effort to find evidence to support the Book of Mormon would have turned up empty just like the clean hill of Cumorah in New York. I can only imagine that early Latter-day Saints would have been compelled to justify the Book of Mormon as a work of fiction.
dantana
2nd Counselor
Location: Joined 7/18/11, so, apparently, position of senior ranking member.

Post by dantana »

When I discovered the MAD board in 08 after a few decades of being happily un-attached to anything LDS, I was shocked to learn of all of the issues no one told me about as I was growing up in Mormon camp. Hats and rocks, Abrahams books, hemispheric nooks. Everyone knows the the bad guys were in S. America and the good guys in N.

Shulem, I appreciate the work you've put into this. Well done! You probably are on to it. Like every good blowhard, who knows just enough to get by, J. Smith, who obviously didn't know enough about horses and metallurgy on this cont. also didn't know about the geography. So he based it on what he did know. What he saw around him. And that is that.
Nobody gets to be a cowboy forever. - Lee Marvin/Monte Walsh
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

dantana wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:50 am
When I discovered the MAD board in 08 after a few decades of being happily un-attached to anything LDS, I was shocked to learn of all of the issues no one told me about as I was growing up in Mormon camp. Hats and rocks, Abrahams books, hemispheric nooks. Everyone knows the the bad guys were in S. America and the good guys in N.

Shulem, I appreciate the work you've put into this. Well done! You probably are on to it. Like every good blowhard, who knows just enough to get by, J. Smith, who obviously didn't know enough about horses and metallurgy on this cont. also didn't know about the geography. So he based it on what he did know. What he saw around him. And that is that.

The second I saw you post on this thread, my heart and mind stood to the position of attention. My heart slowed down and I put the TV (Star Trek Next Generation) on pause to read what you had to say. There would be no multi-tasking. You deserved my full and undivided attention.

Thank you sir, for you comments. I feel touched.

8-)
dantana
2nd Counselor
Location: Joined 7/18/11, so, apparently, position of senior ranking member.

Post by dantana »

Shulem wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:58 am
dantana wrote:

The second I saw you post on this thread, my heart and mind stood to the position of attention. My heart slowed down and I put the TV (Star Trek Next Generation) on pause to read what you had to say. There would be no multi-tasking. You deserved my full and undivided attention.

Thank you sir, for you comments. I feel touched.

8-)
That is a really nice compliment. Thanks buddy!

My fav. episode is the one where Picard is caught in a particle beam and lives an entire lifetime, virtually, on an alien planet.
Nobody gets to be a cowboy forever. - Lee Marvin/Monte Walsh
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

dantana wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:31 am
That is a really nice compliment. Thanks buddy!

My fav. episode is the one where Picard is caught in a particle beam and lives an entire lifetime, virtually, on an alien planet.

Yes! Yes! I love that episode. I'm watching the episode where Q introduces the Borg to the Enterprise.

:D
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:19 am

- Doc

You are very welcome. Here's to hoping that the illustrations for the NARROW NECK in showing how Joseph Smith described the distances of the LENGTH and the WIDTH by Nephite travel time is clearly understood from a new perspective that I have introduced in this thread. Book of Mormon scholars have been tripping all over this since they are trying to make their own narrow neck paradigms work.

Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

dantana wrote:
Shulem, I appreciate the work you've put into this. Well done! You probably are on to it.

I can't resist another opportunity to say thanks for recognizing the value of this thread and the geographical model which I've put together on this board to further the cause of truth as I see it.

It saddens me that few have jumped in to say they've seen the light or at least recognize that this model backed with historical data of the Smith family really does work. It's the only one that works. It's the only one that makes sense. It's the only one that really fits the definition and proportion as explained in Smith's novel.

I'm sad that others have not chimed in and witnessed this light for what it is. I feel a sense of grief and letdown. Maybe this board isn't where I should be spending my time. Maybe it's time to move on and say goodbye. Go somewhere else. Maybe.