Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself! The Golden Key!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Shulem
God

Considerable size

Post by Shulem »

Shulem wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:26 am
In the Book of Mormon, the hills come alive! And, Cumorah is the main hill and the key to the whole story.

How did Joseph Smith describe the Hill Cumorah in which he dug up the gold plates?

"Convenient to the village of Manchester, Ontario county, New York, stands a hill of considerable size, and the most elevated of any in the neighborhood."

Thus, in Smith's mind the Hill Cumorah was large enough to have an effect or important enough to rank as a fairly large or at least medium size hill. But really, it doesn't look very large. And, that my friends is about what we might expect from the hills mentioned in Smith's novel -- hills that are somewhat like Cumorah in New York. What does that tell you about how Smith viewed the landscape? How hardly did he discuss mountains! Nope, better not do that.

The use of the word "considerable" in this instance implies that Cumorah is not a small hill. Here is another example when smith uses the word considerable in the narrative in order to give the impression that it's a fairly large amount from a certain perspective:

"And it came to pass that we did flee before them, northward. And thus we did lead away the most powerful army of the Lamanites; Yea, even to a considerable distance, insomuch that when they saw the army of Antipus pursuing them, with their might, they did not turn to the right nor to the left, but pursued their march in a straight course after us; and, as we suppose, it was their intent to slay us before Antipus should overtake them, and this that they might not be surrounded by our people."

So what is my point? (If Dr. Shades is reading this, he's definitely wondering)

My point is that the Hill Cumorah was the place in which Mormon and Moroni hid up their records and fought the wars that led to the ultimate destruction of the Nephites. It was the Hill Cumorah in New York State, a hill of considerable size, in which the Nephites perished. There is absolutely nothing in the Book of Mormon or direct statements made by Smith & Cowdery that could lead anyone to think otherwise.
Shulem
God

THE BOMB IS COMING!!

Post by Shulem »

For the fortunate readers who have been keeping up with this thread and following along -- I personally thank you. You will be richly rewarded soon enough. You see, I've only dropped one shoe. The other shoe is coming and when I drop that shoe there will be utter destruction for all the other Book of Mormon models! Very soon, you will see how the Delmarva model is the real model in which Smith used to construct his story.

For those who haven't been following along and don't give a flying-“F” what Shulem has to say, well, they aren't going to find out what YOU will soon know.

It's a big WOW. Just one verse from the Book of Mormon placed in proper context will blow you away! I really do hope Philo is keeping up. Ye shall be richly rewarded for ur faith in Shulem to show you the way!

Are you excited?

Anyone?
Shulem
God

Prepare for the end!

Post by Shulem »

YOU WILL BE SHOCKED!

Moksha
God

Re: Considerable size

Post by Moksha »

Shulem wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:40 pm
There is absolutely nothing in the Book of Mormon or direct statements made by Smith & Cowdery that could lead anyone to think otherwise.
What of the vision of the apologists, seeing volcanoes, great metal workshops, and a cavalry of battle tapirs roaming the jungles of Central America?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Re: Considerable size

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:58 am
Shulem wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:40 pm
There is absolutely nothing in the Book of Mormon or direct statements made by Smith & Cowdery that could lead anyone to think otherwise.
What of the vision of the apologists, seeing volcanoes, great metal workshops, and a cavalry of battle tapirs roaming the jungles of Central America?

When I drop the other shoe, all of that will simply evaporate and forever remain meaningless.

Get ready for DESOLATION!

You are in for the surprise of your Book of Mormon life, my black and white friend!

:D
infinityball
Nursery

Re: Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself!

Post by infinityball »

5 Yea, and even they did spread forth into all parts of the land, into whatever parts it had not been rendered desolate and without timber, because of the many inhabitants who had before inherited the land.

6 And now no part of the land was desolate, save it were for timber; but because of the greatness of the destruction of the people who had before inhabited the land it was called desolate.

7 And there being but little timber upon the face of the land, nevertheless the people who went forth became exceedingly expert in the working of cement; therefore they did build houses of cement, in the which they did dwell.

8 And it came to pass that they did multiply and spread, and did go forth from the land southward to the land northward, and did spread insomuch that they began to cover the face of the whole earth, from the sea south to the sea north, from the sea west to the sea east.

9 And the people who were in the land northward did dwell in tents, and in houses of cement, and they did suffer whatsoever tree should spring up upon the face of the land that it should grow up, that in time they might have timber to build their houses, yea, their cities, and their temples, and their synagogues, and their sanctuaries, and all manner of their buildings.

10 And it came to pass as timber was exceedingly scarce in the land northward, they did send forth much by the way of shipping.

11 And thus they did enable the people in the land northward that they might build many cities, both of wood and of cement.
Where in your model is there room the a "sea north"?

(Also, I had always imagined that the lack of timber was because of it being a desert area, which seemed to not fit your model. But it clearly says that the lack of timber was because of the previous inhabitants, so there you go.)
Shulem
God

Re: Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself!

Post by Shulem »

infinityball wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:18 am
Where in your model is there room the a "sea north"?

(Also, I had always imagined that the lack of timber was because of it being a desert area, which seemed to not fit your model. But it clearly says that the lack of timber was because of the previous inhabitants, so there you go.)

Welcome, and thank you for the question and comment.

First, the land "Desolation" was so named by the Nephites who discovered it due to the destruction of the former inhabitants who once populated the land; it has nothing to do with climate or terrain. Alma referred to Desolation saying "it being so far northward that it came into the land which had been peopled and been destroyed". Another example of the word "Desolation" being applied to a land wherein the people were completely destroyed is given to Ammonihah which experienced destruction on a massive scale due to war: "And now so great was the scent thereof that the people did not go in to possess the land of Ammonihah for many years. And it was called Desolation of Nehors; for they were of the profession of Nehor, who were slain; and their lands remained desolate."

Second, what of sea north? That's a good question and is easily explained when put in proper perspective. Look at the verse which labels the ocean as representing all four seas in relation to the lands in question which lead both southward and northward via the narrow neck which is the key to the Book of Mormon:

Helaman 3:8 wrote:And it came to pass that they did multiply and spread, and did go forth from the land southward to the land northward, and did spread insomuch that they began to cover the face of the whole earth, from the sea south to the sea north, from the sea west to the sea east.

The four seas represent the four cardinal directions (north, east, south, and west) in relation to the ocean. The Delmarva Peninsula consisted of the land of Nephi, Zarahemla, and Bountiful; this body of land is described as nearly being surrounded by water except for the narrow neck that leads northward into the continent. Otherwise, the peninsula is practically an island at sea! So here is the answer to your question:

1) The Chesapeake Bay is Sea West including the entrance leading northward into the Susquehanna River mouth
2) All ocean south of the Delmarva Peninsula is Sea South
3) The Delaware Bay including the Delaware River mouth and the Atlantic to the east of Delmarva is Sea East
4) The Atlantic hugging the northern continental coast to include Boston/Salem (Ablom) is Sea North from the perspective of being on Delmarva

Note -- despite the various Heartlander models, the Great Lakes ("large bodies of water") have nothing to do with Sea North or any other sea labeled in the Book of Mormon. The Great Lakes are fresh water systems and are not ocean.
infinityball
Nursery

Post by infinityball »

4) The Atlantic hugging the northern continental coast to include Boston/Salem (Ablom) is Sea North from the perspective of being on Delmarva

The Great Lakes are fresh water systems and are not ocean.
I'm not so sure about either of these points. First, "sea" doesn't always refer colloquially to saltwater bodies (see: "Sea of Galilee"). So I don't see why the great lakes would automatically be out of question.

Second, the ocean near Boston being "Sea North" seems odd. It's very north-east of the peninsula. It feels like stretching the text to make a coastline that is actually east of all land be the "sea north."
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

infinityball wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:54 pm

The Great Lakes are fresh water systems and are not ocean.
I'm not so sure about either of these points. First, "sea" doesn't always refer colloquially to saltwater bodies (see: "Sea of Galilee"). So I don't see why the great lakes would automatically be out of question.

Second, the ocean near Boston being "Sea North" seems odd. It's very north-east of the peninsula. It feels like stretching the text to make a coastline that is actually east of all land be the "sea north."

First, the "Sea of Galilee" is indeed fresh water and traditional was given the adage of "Sea" to describe it's character. But it has no relation to the ocean or the great deep or "that great sea which divideth the lands" as mentioned in Ether. The Book of Mormon seas are salted and here is absolute proof of that terminology given in Helaman:

"from the sea south to the sea north, from the sea west to the sea east."

1) to sea south
2) to sea north
3) to sea west
4) to sea east

Given in the context of a single entity combined together by four cardinal directions is absolute proof that Joseph Smith was using the word "sea" to represent salt water of the universal ocean. There is no mistaken the fact that Smith is listing the ocean in all four cardinal directions coming together as the four seas of a single ocean. Hence, the south sea is connected to the north sea and the west sea is connected to the east sea -- Hear the word of the Lord!

Second, if you are an ancient person standing anywhere on the Delmarva Peninsula and you are referencing the east coast of the peninsula then you will automatically infer that it's the East Sea. But if you imagine the sea or ocean along the coastline of Boston or further north, then you will think of that as the North Sea as it is north of you and extends ever northward to the Artic. The definitions of the four seas in Helaman were given to the people who lived at Delmarva and yet were beginning to migrate northward building a great civilization there. If you were living in the North, say Cumorah, then Boston would be the Sea East. It's all a matter of perspective and implied intent.
Shulem
God

Opening statement before I drop the other shoe

Post by Shulem »

Forget about all the apologetic and faith promoting excuses you've heard about the NARROW NECK.

The apologists are driven by faith and wear blinders. They are working within the bounds and assumption that the Book of Mormon is true and historical no matter what. No matter what is actually said or expressed in the text of the Book of Mormon, they work on the sole basis of providing some kind of means to make it plausible to save face. The apologists may be intelligent people but they are working within an arena of stupid reasoning and their blindness is fueled by their faith.

Okay, enough of the rudeness. My next post will provide the information YOU need to know about the narrow neck of land and exactly how it relates to the narrow neck of land of the Delmarva Peninsula.

Thank you for being here.

After that, I'm not sure I will post further on this topic. Maybe I'm just spinning my wheels on this board. Perhaps it just doesn't matter much. Think what you want and run with whatever floats your boat. You know I will!

;)