Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself! The Golden Key!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
infinityball
Nursery

Re: Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself! The Golden Key!

Post by infinityball »

Shulem wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:47 am
True that. But just look at the terrain that spans the width of Tehuantepec for some 120 miles. Grueling hills covered with rocks, stickers, and snakes. Try marching that in one day! Not. Going. To. Happen. I couldn't do it in a week!

Apologists have clung faithfully to the Tehuantepec as if it was just enough to keep the faith afloat but everything geographically about the Mesoamerican model is retarded when you compare it to the actual text of the Book of Mormon. North is not north. West is not west. A massive river dividing the land of Zarahemla from the land of Nephi is missing. Nothing adds up. It's a joke. It's like lighting a marajuana joint and taking a huge toke and then waiting for the buzz that says, "All is well."

Then there is the Heartland models.

O.M.G. It insults my intelligence. Those are like watching cartoons. Childish and silly theories made up by grown people who claim to be educated.

:lol:
It reminds me of this:

One gets the impression that Mormon apologists could find enough evidence to make the Book of Mormon fit any culture in any place in any time. They have the motivation. They only lack the necessity (and the weed, apparently).
Shulem
God

Re: Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself! The Golden Key!

Post by Shulem »

infinityball wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:31 am
One gets the impression that Mormon apologists could find enough evidence to make the Book of Mormon fit any culture in any place in any time. They have the motivation. They only lack the necessity (and the weed, apparently).

You're exactly right. How Mormons do it is truly amazing. How do they do it without weed, alcohol, or sniffing glue?

Truly, Mormons are a peculiar people who can make anything of anything so long as it keeps them going to church to pray, pay, and obey.

But wait!

:o

I once was in that category too. How did I do it? Well, I had to lie to myself and pretend that all was well and that all would be revealed.

Then, finally, I said, "enough is enough, I'm done."
Shulem
God

Re: The Golden Key of the Narrow Neck

Post by Shulem »

The following diagrams correspond with their respective explanations in showing that the distances in the Book of Mormon for the narrow neck are given in both horizontal (east to west) and vertical (north to south) perspectives.

Alma 22:32 wrote:
And now, it was only the distance of a day and a half’s journey for a Nephite, on the line Bountiful and the land Desolation, from the east to the west sea; and thus the land of Nephi and the land of Zarahemla were nearly surrounded by water, there being a small neck of land between the land northward and the land southward.

........................."the land Desolation"..........................

-------------------"a day and a half’s journey"--------------------

_________________"the line Bountiful"____________________

Helaman 4:7 wrote:
And there they did fortify against the Lamanites, from the west sea, even unto the east; it being a day’s journey for a Nephite, on the line which they had fortified and stationed their armies to defend their north country.

................"north country" (the land Desolation).................

sea -----------------"a day’s journey"--------------------- sea

__________________"the line Bountiful"____________________

Shulem
God

"Nearly surrounded by water"

Post by Shulem »

6,000 square miles
2000 miles of coastline
12 miles of isthmus connected to the north

Nephi wrote:we are upon an isle of the sea

12 miles connected to the northern land. It's like being on an island nearly surrounded by water.

The only thing south of the land of Nephi is the ocean.
Shulem
God

QUESTION

Post by Shulem »

Is it plausible or, is it possible, considering that Smith had looked at the map below or one like it that he may have considered the southern tail flanking the southernmost river (Sidon) as somewhat mountainous in nature?

Is it plausible that Smith may have interpreted the tail of Delmarva (land of Nephi) as being higher in elevation to the rest of the peninsula?

Is it plausible?

[x] YES
[ ] No

There is nothing south of the land of Nephi (Virginian tip) other than ocean.
Shulem
God

Re: QUESTION

Post by Shulem »

Shulem wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:48 am
There is nothing south of the land of Nephi (Virginian tip) other than ocean.

Apologists who embrace the various narrow neck Mesoamerican models fail to understand (or admit) the basic geographical understanding in the Book of Mormon wherein the story makes it clear that there is no land south of the land of Nephi. Nothing but ocean exists south of Lehi's landing. After landing in the promised land there was nowhere to go but north -- ever northward into the body of the peninsula and eventually discovering the river Sidon which separated the eastern land of Nephi from the main body of the peninsula that was westward and ever northward. Nobody in the Book of Mormon, from the days of Jared to Lehi and finally Moroni, ever stepped foot south of Lehi's landing. The only thing that is ever mentioned that may be construed as being south of Lehi's landing is "sea south".

This makes for a strong argument that the land being "nearly surrounded by water" was not an isthmus or a neck annexed by landforms at both north and south -- but a true peninsula. The Delmarva Peninsula fits this paradigm like a glove. In fact, it's the only geographical model that meets the basic areal landform or shape that connects to the main body of the continent.

Amen.
Last edited by Shulem on Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Perhaps someone might notice a possible apologetic advantage to this model. A person might speculate that possibly this limited area away from the main centers of native population like the Mississippi valley or central Mexico might have suffered some event causing no Indians in the area. A plague or what have you and one can see an whole area open for settlement, and ongoing political independence. This is a possible explanation for the Book of Mormons weird lack of discussion or explanation for how political dominance was achieved with all those unmentioned natives.

I suppose one would have to reimagine all those cities temples etc in wood and waddle which have returned to dust instead of stone for archeology to review.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Hmm, I suppose once you start you can imagine a small enclave of horses surviving in the peninsula making their apperence in the Book of Mormon and then being killed off. Perhaps swords were swept out to sea having been stored in wooden safe boxes. Hurricanes could erase artifacts and records.

Shulem, have you solved the churches puzzle for the church?
Shulem
God

Nothing South

Post by Shulem »

Mesoamerican apologists are aware that nothing in the thousand years of Book of Mormon history says anything about a land south of Lehi's landing. The fact that nothing is mentioned regarding the natural resources available in the southern narrow neck of Central America and a massive continent annexed to the south is a sure sign that there never was anything south of Lehi's landing other than the Sea South.

It's inconceivable that Nephite and Lamanite governments would not have sent expeditions southward into Central America only to discover a continent as large as the continent to the north. There would have been expeditions and enquiry to what was down south. The resources and territories would have been staked and claimed. The Book of Mormon would have mentioned a southern long narrow neck and a continent that spanned endless wilderness and frontiers. Something, anything, would have been said about a southern land! The very absence of this evidence is proof that all that existed to the south of the land of Nephi was the ocean.

Hence, the Delmarva Peninsula is the only model that could possibly fit into the Book of Mormon.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

huckelberry wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:06 pm
Hmm, I suppose once you start you can imagine a small enclave of horses surviving in the peninsula making their apperence in the Book of Mormon and then being killed off. Perhaps swords were swept out to sea having been stored in wooden safe boxes. Hurricanes could erase artifacts and records.

Shulem, have you solved the churches puzzle for the church?

After the Nephites were destroyed, great storms and whirlwinds for five hundred years swept the land so clean that not so much as a yellow horse remained to wag its tail. The Lord cleansed the land by sweeping it with sea and wind until it was reborn and made ready for the Gentiles who would come to possess it in the last days. Joseph Smith then picked up the map and told a story about how Lehi miraculously piloted his ship with his magic brass ball and landed on what is now known as the southern tip of Delmarva.

I'm afraid, it seems, I may have just created a new geographical model for future apologists. Maybe I should just shut my mouth?

Philo, where the hell are you?

And RFM, don't you recognize news when you see it? Open your eyes and let the revelation in!

:lol: