Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself! The Golden Key!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Physics Guy
God

Send in Luke

Post by Physics Guy »

Argument on subjects where people are committed to their opinions is like Star Wars. Storm troopers never hit anything with their shots. There can only ever be a few stars, and they're the only ones who can get anything done. Storm trooper types only get in their way. Just send in Luke, get it done, and let all the other poor guys stay home and watch on TV drinking beer.

One really good argument is more powerful alone than it is when combined with any number of weaker ones. The weak ones provide softer targets that can be rebutted, and every weak argument that gets rebutted counts as evidence against the whole case. Even if the one good argument isn't touched, knocking down all its weaker associates makes the survival of the good argument look like mere luck on its part. The whole case just looks weak, supported as it is by weak arguments.

If you've got one really good point, just make it. Forget everything else. Send in Luke.

If you've got three really good points, and they're really all really good, then go ahead, make all three. Luke and Han and Leia can work together. If you have one really good point and two pretty good ones, stop at the one.

Keep it short. Less is more. Send in Luke.
I was a teenager before it was cool.
Shulem
God

Re: Send in Luke

Post by Shulem »

Physics Guy wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:37 pm
Send in Luke.

He's on his way, soon, here in the Terrestrial Forum. There will be hell to pay.

Marcus
God

Re: Captain Kidd

Post by Marcus »

Shulem wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:08 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:12 pm

You should consider starting a new thread that condenses all the good stuff into 8-10 sequential posts. This would give the Lazy Learners an opportunity to review your material and process in a clear and concise manner. Basically cut a lot of the chaff and asides out. I think having a new thread, a streamlined TEDX’ish presentation of sorts would aid your creative work.

There’s simply no way 99% of readers will wade through a lengthy thread to parse out the salient bits.

- Doc

That sounds like a good idea. It would in effect make it like a website presentation right here on the board. I could also prepare ready-to-go pages like a canon locked and loaded just incase someone dares to challenge me. Blast them! :lol: Ambush them when they least expect it.

BUT, do I do that in Terrestrial or Celestial? :?

What do you think, Tator? Anyone?? :?:
Either, if you can really get the mods on board with actively keeping derailments out, although Terrestrial seems to get more views. I think the mods would support you in moving what you think are derailments, especially if you state that in your OP. Even start a secondary thread for "discussion of" your main OP topic.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
There’s simply no way 99% of readers will wade through a lengthy thread to parse out the salient bits.

- Doc
As I understand it, Dan Vogel can wade through volumes of squiggly line diaries. This thread would be a piece of cake compared to that. Even so, the points Shulem makes are important enough to be archived and published.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:43 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

- Doc
As I understand it, Dan Vogel can wade through volumes of squiggly line diaries. This thread would be a piece of cake compared to that. Even so, the points Shulem makes are important enough to be archived and published.

No worries. This thread will remain but I'm working on a second one that is more condensed and starts out with the maps. It will be potent and not contain so much fluff, at least not at first. I'll have to post all that crap when nobody is looking and do it fast to maintain continuity.

Okay, so, let me tell you what I think about Vogel. He's a great guy for sure and very knowledgeable but he's been conditioned and his mindset has preconceived ideas and why the hell should he think that someone like me finally nailed it? It must be somewhat disconcerting. I don't fault him. But he can do and think what he wants. The WORLD will see it for what it is. We here have all been subject to Mormonism and all of us are brainwashed to some extent. That is part of the price we pay for having gotten brainwashed in the first place.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Shulem wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:08 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

You should consider starting a new thread that condenses all the good stuff into 8-10 sequential posts. This would give the Lazy Learners an opportunity to review your material and process in a clear and concise manner. Basically cut a lot of the chaff and asides out. I think having a new thread, a streamlined TEDX’ish presentation of sorts would aid your creative work.

- Doc

That sounds like a good idea. It would in effect make it like a website presentation right here on the board. I could also prepare ready-to-go pages like a canon locked and loaded just incase someone dares to challenge me. Blast them! :lol: Ambush them when they least expect it.

BUT, do I do that in Terrestrial or Celestial? :?

What do you think, Tator? Anyone?? :?:
I say Celestial, Terrestrial and Telestial and Outer Darkness. Go universal I say... :D Just DO NOT ask for donations!!! There are those hanging out around here who get very offended when money is asked for, well, I mean except for the Church, it's o.k. for them to do that, BUT NOT US!!!!! HOW DARE WE OFFEND THE GODS ASKING FOR DONATIONS!!!!! HEATHEN SCUM!!!! :D
Moksha
God

Re: Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself! The Golden Key!

Post by Moksha »

Excellent point Shulem, you have helped expand our point of reference. It is like conceptualizing Kolobian space after having read the Ringworld series.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:53 pm
Telestial

I miss the Telestial. It's a great place to vent and tell people to go to hell and all that fun stuff we can't do here.

I've had some fun times down there.
Shulem
God

Re: Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself! The Golden Key!

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:55 pm
Excellent point Shulem, you have helped expand our point of reference. It is like conceptualizing Kolobian space after having read the Ringworld series.

The NEW thread Shulem Cracks Book of Mormon Geography is up and starts out the gate with horses running down the track. I show all the models I've made in this thread and spread them out like a deck of cards. Then, I introduce the reasons and wherefores on how the peninsula matches the Book of Mormon text.

But I still have to take things up north to Cumorah. I can rewrite material and post it or simply index links to the old thread for helpful navigation. That would be easier rather than cutting and pasting and rewriting material. Not sure what do do. Not sure anyone really cares much. What the hell.

I feel confident that this model can be vigorously defended. I have my laser sword and will take on anyone who puts it down. I will show no mercy. I don't care if it's Dan Vogel. The next time he comes here and makes ignorant hit and run statements I will take what he says to task and wipe him out. Vogel is not as good as he thinks he is. Obviously,

Luke
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:43 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

- Doc

Vogel has demonstrated to me that his understanding of Book of Mormon geography through Smith's eyes is quite shallow and he has been traditionally brainwashed by the system as so many have. That is the end result of Mormonism! Sure, he is good at source documents and has a wide grasp of history but in the case of geography in Smith's novel as it relates to the real world, Vogel is in fantasy land.

And then there is John Hamer the mapmaker. The problem with him is that he can't read a map, certainly not in the Book of Mormon. He's in twilight zone.

So, here we are. Isn't this fun? Putting people down. Not what I planned. But sometimes one has to do it in order to put the chips and cards out on the table. So here I sit.

:|