Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself! The Golden Key!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Shulem
God

Déjà vu

Post by Shulem »

Helaman 4:7 wrote:And there they did fortify against the Lamanites, from the west sea, even unto the east; it being a day’s journey for a Nephite, on the line which they had fortified and stationed their armies to defend their north country.

Déjà vu all over again!

THE NARROW NECK IS THE DIVIDING LINE BETWEEN NORTH AND SOUTH

Mormon 2:29 wrote:And the Lamanites did give unto us the land northward, yea, even to the narrow passage which led into the land southward. And we did give unto the Lamanites all the land southward.

DEFENDING THE LINE ON THE NARROW NECK

Mormon 3:5-8 wrote:And it came to pass that I did cause my people that they should gather themselves together at the land Desolation, to a city which was in the borders, by the narrow pass which led into the land southward

And there we did place our armies, that we might stop the armies of the Lamanites, that they might not get possession of any of our lands; therefore we did fortify against them with all our force.

And it came to pass that in the three hundred and sixty and first year the Lamanites did come down to the city of Desolation to battle against us; and it came to pass that in that year we did beat them, insomuch that they did return to their own lands again.

And in the three hundred and sixty and second year they did come down again to battle. And we did beat them again, and did slay a great number of them, and their dead were cast into the sea (OF THE NARROW NECK).

THE LINE BREAKS AND THE CITY OF DESOLATION IS TAKEN!

Mormon 4:1-3 wrote:AND now it came to pass that in the three hundred and sixty and third year the Nephites did go up with their armies to battle against the Lamanites, out of the land Desolation.

And it came to pass that the armies of the Nephites were driven back again to the land of Desolation. And while they were yet weary, a fresh army of the Lamanites did come upon them; and they had a sore battle, insomuch that the Lamanites did take possession of the city Desolation, and did slay many of the Nephites, and did take many prisoners.

And the remainder did flee and join the inhabitants of the city Teancum. Now the city Teancum lay in the borders by the seashore; and it was also near the city Desolation.

The rest of Mormon's story informs us that the Nephites continued to wage war and defend their lands doing everything they could to win back their lands and cities, especially Desolation. Defending the cities to the north of the narrow neck was vital if they were to survive and maintaining a fortified line along the narrow neck was the only way they could keep the Lamanites in check and safeguard the northern territory. But the Nephites failed. The Lamanites took the narrow neck and drove the Nephites northward until the final battles commenced at Cumorah.

Does anyone reading this thread recall how long it takes a Nephite to cross the horizonal axis of the narrow neck from sea west and sea east?

1 day!

8-)
simon southerton
Sunbeam

Re: My neck, my back...

Post by simon southerton »

Shulem wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:39 am
The Delmarva Peninsula fits perfectly with the text of the Book of Mormon. It's the right orientation, the landmass is roughly the right size, and it is conveniently located to the Hill Cumorah. And it is easy to imagine how this geography found its way into the mind of Joseph Smith. Anything Smith said after publication of the Book of Mormon is completely irrelevant. The cat was out of the bag and he latched onto anything that embellished his fantasy.

Simon,

Based on your assessment and statement given above it seems fair to place you in the following category per the questionnaire below from my earlier post. Fair enough?

E) simon southerton

Shulem wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:21 pm
Please select which answer is the best match for the "narrow neck" as described in the text of the Book of Mormon in which the narrow neck was an important feature of the geographical terrain.

A) Panama
B) Belize-Yucatan base
C) Tehuantepec
D) Niagara Peninsula
E) Isthmus of Delmarva Peninsula

E) Shulem
Yes, the Delmarva Peninsula is the best match for the narrow neck of land. The best match for the civilisations described in the Book of Mormon is Mesoamerica. And the best match for where the whole story actually occurred is inside Joseph Smith's head.
Shulem
God

Re: My neck, my back...

Post by Shulem »

simon southerton wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:18 am
Yes, the Delmarva Peninsula is the best match for the narrow neck of land. The best match for the civilisations described in the Book of Mormon is Mesoamerica. And the best match for where the whole story actually occurred is inside Joseph Smith's head.

Thank you for that inspiring endorsement for the Delmarva Peninsula as the best match for the narrow neck. I really do appreciate it. I wish others on this board would step forward and be counted. But it seems that this board in some ways remains quite reserved and great thinkers on this board are careful to not tip their hand or show their cards too soon.

A limited geography model is what Smith was working with. A hemispheric model was the furthest thing from Smith's mind and cannot possibly fit the fluid nature of the constant happenings of how the civilization maintained a constant discourse in relatively close quarters.

Ether 10:19-22 wrote:And it came to pass that Lib also did that which was good in the sight of the Lord. And in the days of Lib the poisonous serpents were destroyed. Wherefore they did go into the land southward, to hunt food for the people of the land, for the land was covered with animals of the forest. And Lib also himself became a great hunter.

And they built a great city by the narrow neck of land, by the place where the sea divides the land.

And they did preserve the land southward for a wilderness, to get game. And the whole face of the land northward was covered with inhabitants.

And they were exceedingly industrious, and they did buy and sell and traffic one with another, that they might get gain.

Notice the fluid nature and the back and forth motion of the civilizations between north and south via the narrow neck? The Jaredites built a great city just north of the narrow neck which later became Desolation. It was a great city and the whole region was populated by Jaredites. Notice also how they preserved the land south to serve as a constant food source. It was a place where they could go down and hunt for food to bring back for their families or transport livestock to replenish their farms. The vertical distance through the narrow neck from Desolation to Bountiful was only a day and a half journey. Quite doable in every respect! Wouldn't you say?

There simply is no question that civilization in the land north of the narrow neck was in constant communication with civilization in the south and that commerce flowed rather freely and effectively. Lack of archeological evidence in America for Heartland models as well as Mesoamerican models is absolutely devastating and proves it's a lost cause.
Shulem
God

You know what?

Post by Shulem »

I really don't give a damn what the apologists say and think.

Those guys can go to the grave thinking whatever the hell they want for all I care. Book of Mormon defenders are just being silly and closed minded. They won't see the truth because they love their personal testimonies more than what is true and what is not.

I only care that the GENERAL PUBLIC knows. The more the public learns about the real geography from Smith's mind and maps then less people will join the church.

That gives me all the satisfaction I require. Apologists can remain dodos for all I care. Screw them.

I guess that includes you too, Dan. Screw you. Take your narrow neck and shove it where the sun don't shine!
Shulem
God

Mormon 6

Post by Shulem »

General Mormon wrote a polite and respectful epistle to the king of the Lamanites challenging him to a final dual at the Hill Cumorah in which the Lamanite king is invited to try his hand in prevailing against him or, die trying. Mormon's request was given in the form of a treaty for the opposing armies to gather their forces into the lands about Cumorah so that a final resolution to the conflict could once and for all be settled. Thus, a cease fire was agreed upon and opposing armies safely migrated into their respective locations at the appointed battlefield wherein the final battle would take place and the victor would emerge the winner and claim all the spoils. The Lamanite king agreed to Mormon's terms and the final battle was agreed upon by both parties to occur and commence on New Year's Day of 385 AD about the Hill Cumorah.

Mormon gathered his armies and his people and migrated to the lands of Cumorah where they pitched their tents and set up their supply chains of operations whereby they hoped to gain an advantage by using the rivers to assist with transport and supply. The waters, rivers, and fountains of the region provided the kind of resources that Mormon felt was needed to gain an upper hand. General Mormon felt he had an advantage in waging war on their homefield turf and that they could exploit the land and waterways to best serve their interest in gaining an advantage over the visiting Lamanites. And now, all the Nephites were gathered about the land of Cumorah; men, women, and children. The final battle would determine who would win and who would die. Every Nephite was filled with terror -- men, women, and children.

And finally, the day came when all the weapons of the Lamanites fell upon the Nephites and the work of death commenced and the outcome of the final battle would be determined.
Moksha
God

Re: Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself! The Golden Key!

Post by Moksha »

Given the distance from the Delmarva Penninsula, how did anyone know about the Hill Cumorah, other than Joseph Smith?

I know Delmarva is a much better fit than Central America, but how do we know that Moroni was not just traveling to Canada to sell the copyright on those plates and got waylaid by some Lamanite bandits?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Bountiful and the Narrow Neck

Post by Shulem »

Let's do a bit of a recap, shall we? Let's look again at how the land Bountiful and the city therein was positioned on the map as it relates to the narrow neck that leads into the land northward wherein the land of Desolation is almost immediately situated.

But first, understand that the lands south of the narrow neck were at this time managed by the Nephites all the way to the head of River Sidon from Sea East to Sea West. Essentially, the Nephites possessed all the land north of the land of Nephi (Delmarva tail) which was the main habitation and capital of the Lamanites "the land of Nephi did run in a straight course from the east sea to the west" (Alma 50:8). However, the Nephites struggled to maintain their southern sector wherein constant Lamanite incursion from the far south threatened their peace and sovereignty.

Alma 22:29 wrote:And also there were many Lamanites on the east by the seashore, whither the Nephites had driven them. And thus the Nephites were nearly surrounded by the Lamanites; nevertheless the Nephites had taken possession of all the northern parts of the land bordering on the wilderness, at the head of the river Sidon, from the east to the west, round about on the wilderness side; on the north, even until they came to the land which they called Bountiful.

Clearly there is a dividing line between Desolation and Bountiful and the land in-between is the narrow neck which is positioned on a perfect vertical axis, running north and south, being flanked by Sea West and Sea East.

Alma 22:31 wrote: And they came from there up into the south wilderness. Thus the land on the northward was called Desolation, and the land on the southward was called Bountiful, it being the wilderness which is filled with all manner of wild animals of every kind, a part of which had come from the land northward for food.

To the north is Desolation and to the south is Bountiful. The narrow neck lies in-between the two lands. The distance between Bountiful and Desolation is a day and a half's journey.

Alma 22:32 wrote: And now, it was only the distance of a day and a half’s journey for a Nephite, on the line Bountiful and the land Desolation, from the east to the west sea; and thus the land of Nephi and the land of Zarahemla were nearly surrounded by water, there being a small neck of land between the land northward and the land southward.

The land Bountiful spanned the entire sector south of the narrow neck leading from Sea East to Sea West. The city limits of Bountiful was within that land. Thus, the land of Bountiful was a complete buffer between the narrow neck and all the lands south of Bountiful. Nothing could get through the narrow neck without first going through Bountiful! The land Bountiful was a line leading from sea to sea south of the narrow neck.

Alma 22:33 wrote: And it came to pass that the Nephites had inhabited the land Bountiful, even from the east unto the west sea, and thus the Nephites in their wisdom, with their guards and their armies, had hemmed in the Lamanites on the south, that thereby they should have no more possession on the north, that they might not overrun the land northward.

The people of Ammon were given the land of Jershon which was situated south of the land of Bountiful and bordered along the Sea East.

Alma 27:22 wrote:And it came to pass that the voice of the people came, saying: Behold, we will give up the land of Jershon, which is on the east by the sea, which joins the land Bountiful, which is on the south of the land Bountiful; and this land Jershon is the land which we will give unto our brethren for an inheritance.

Here we clearly see that there is a line maintained by the Nephites in defending their northern territory running from sea to sea. Key to this is that the Nephites controlled all the land north of Bountiful and in order to do that they must hold the line Bountiful which leads into the narrow neck.

Alma 50:11 wrote:And thus he cut off all the strongholds of the Lamanites in the east wilderness, yea, and also on the west, fortifying the line between the Nephites and the Lamanites, between the land of Zarahemla and the land of Nephi, from the west sea, running by the head of the river Sidon—the Nephites possessing all the land northward, yea, even all the land which was northward of the land Bountiful, according to their pleasure.

Losing Bountiful will result in leaving the narrow neck vulnerable to incursion.

Alma 51 wrote:28 And it came to pass that they marched to the borders of the land Bountiful, driving the Nephites before them and slaying many.

30 And it came to pass that he headed Amalickiah also, as he was marching forth with his numerous army that he might take possession of the land Bountiful, and also the land northward.

Holding the line across Bountiful from sea to sea was an absolute must! Plugging the holes, guarding the passes, and fortifying every point along the horizonal axis was essential in preventing a Lamanite invasion through the narrow neck.

Alma 52:9 wrote:And he also sent orders unto him that he should fortify the land Bountiful, and secure the narrow pass which led into the land northward, lest the Lamanites should obtain that point and should have power to harass them on every side.

If the city Bountiful is taken then the narrow neck is open season!

Alma 52:27 wrote:And it came to pass that the Lamanites did pursue Teancum until they came near the city Bountiful, and then they were met by Lehi and a small army, which had been left to protect the city Bountiful.

If the city of Bountiful falls and "the line which was between the land Bountiful and the land Desolation" (3 Nephi 3:23) is breached then there is nothing left to secure the narrow neck and the Lamanites can run though and possess the northern lands!

Helaman 1:23 wrote:And now he did not tarry in the land of Zarahemla, but he did march forth with a large army, even towards the city of Bountiful; for it was his determination to go forth and cut his way through with the sword, that he might obtain the north parts of the land.
Moksha
God

Re: Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself! The Golden Key!

Post by Moksha »

On Earth-Prime, did large armies ever exist in North America prior to the European invasion?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Re: Now I, Moroni, write somewhat as seemeth me good;

Post by Shulem »

At last, Moroni is going to type up a copy of the Book of Ether so everyone may know about the ancient Jaredites who inhabited this "NORTH COUNTRY" or the lands north of the narrow neck:

Ether 1 wrote:And now I, Moroni, proceed to give an account of those ancient inhabitants who were destroyed by the hand of the Lord upon the face of this north country.

And I take mine account from the twenty and four plates which were found by the people of Limhi, which is called the Book of Ether.

Moroni cuts in to remind anyone who possesses the land of promise, including the future Gentiles, that if they don't serve Jesus Christ then they will die when God finally gets angry enough to kill them. The choice land is to be a free land, such as the USA:

Ether 2 wrote:And now, we can behold the decrees of God concerning this land, that it is a land of promise; and whatsoever nation shall possess it shall serve God, or they shall be swept off . . .

For behold, this is a land which is choice above all other lands; wherefore he that doth possess it shall serve God or shall be swept off . . .

And this cometh unto you, O ye Gentiles, that ye may know the decrees of God . . .

Behold, this is a choice land, and whatsoever nation shall possess it shall be free from bondage, and from captivity, and from all other nations . . .

Moroni breaks into the story to leave a personal message to the future Joseph Smith and his Three Witnesses so that the future prophet will know what to do:

Ether 5 wrote:1 And now I, Moroni, have written the words which were commanded me, according to my memory; and I have told you the things which I have sealed up; therefore touch them not in order that ye may translate; for that thing is forbidden you, except by and by it shall be wisdom in God.

2 And behold, ye may be privileged that ye may show the plates unto those who shall assist to bring forth this work;

3 And unto three shall they be shown by the power of God; wherefore they shall know of a surety that these things are true.

Moroni interrupts the translation of Ether and complains to the Lord that he fears the future Gentiles will mock the writings of the gold plates and then prophetically bids farewell to them who are 1,400 years and more into the future:

Ether 12 wrote:Lord, the Gentiles will mock at these things, because of our weakness in writing; for Lord thou hast made us mighty in word by faith, but thou hast not made us mighty in writing . . . And now I, Moroni, bid farewell unto the Gentiles . . .

Moroni cuts in to tell his readers that he's about to finish typing a copy of Ether into the gold plates:

Ether 13 wrote:And now I, Moroni, proceed to finish my record concerning the destruction of the people of whom I have been writing.

Moroni finished typing a copy of the Book of Ether into his gold plates and complains about being on the run and how his life is in danger after the war:

Moroni 1 wrote:Now I, Moroni, after having made an end of abridging the account of the people of Jared, I had supposed not to have written more, but I have not as yet perished; and I make not myself known to the Lamanites lest they should destroy me.

Moroni continues to blab and cites his father's preaching:

Moroni 7 wrote:And now I, Moroni, write a few of the words of my father Mormon, which he spake concerning . . .

Moroni records the first epistle given to him by his father long ago:

Moroni 8 wrote:An epistle of my father Mormon, written to me, Moroni; and it was written unto me soon after my calling to the ministry . . . Farewell, my son, until I shall write unto you, or shall meet you again.

Moroni records the second epistle given to him of his father some 20 years earlier at Cumorah:

Moroni 9 wrote:My beloved son, I write unto you again . . . wherefore, write somewhat a few things, if thou art spared and I shall perish and not see thee; but I trust that I may see thee soon; for I have sacred records that I would deliver up unto thee.

Moroni just recorded two of his father's epistles and NOW it's his turn to talk before he seals up the records and bids, "farewell"

Moroni 10, A.D. 421. wrote:Now I, Moroni, write somewhat as seemeth me good . . . And I seal up these records, after I have spoken a few words . . . And now I bid unto all, farewell.

The point I am making in demonstrating the sequence of events as Moroni handled the final affairs of being prophet of the Nephites is to demonstrate that Moroni ever remained among the lands he lived in. From the time Moroni fought the final war with his father Mormon and seeing him perish as a result of that war to the time the record was finally sealed and buried on the very hill in which that war took place -- the sequence of events clearly leads us to know that Moroni was ever among his own land. Moroni didn't flee thousands of miles up the continent being chased by Lamanites! That is the most ridiculous fantasy ever devised by apologists in which they invent a second Cumorah because the hill in New York fails to cough up archeological evidence.

Moroni had every opportunity to tell his readers that he had migrated to a far away land, thousands of miles, forging streams and rivers and crossing great chasms of land to include hills and mountains and endless horizons.

No, Moroni never did any of that. The story is quite clear that Moroni ended his ministry in New York among the land of his fathers after burying the plates in the Hill Cumorah.

Amen.
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Ether 5 wrote: 1 And now I, Moroni, have written the words which were commanded me, according to my memory; and I have told you the things which I have sealed up; therefore touch them not in order that ye may translate; for that thing is forbidden you, except by and by it shall be wisdom in God.

2 And behold, ye may be privileged that ye may show the plates unto those who shall assist to bring forth this work;

3 And unto three shall they be shown by the power of God; wherefore they shall know of a surety that these things are true.
Interesting that the Book of Mormon prophets did not foresee the 8 witnesses.

Or were they not part of JSJr's original "plot"?
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!