Because I'm in the mood: Parody

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

wenglund wrote:Apparantly I'll just have to enjoy it on my own. ;-)

(But just in case anyone may be at least somewhat curious, I left a hint on the second page of the Persecution thread.)

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

I looked at the thread and I am wondering if the clue was meant to indicate that "DCP" had persecuted Kevin? If this was the case, "DCP" should knock it off so as not to cause any more cryptic sub-parodies that one needs a personal interpreter to understand. However, if Wade were to be explicit, I would enjoy all his insights into the workings of Kevin's parodies.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_wenglund
_Emeritus

Post by _wenglund »

Bond...James Bond wrote:
dartagnan wrote:I suspect you have to settle for enjoying most things on your own.

Ouch....check and mate.

It was a great comeback, but hardly an "ouch".

Thanks, -Wade Englund-
_wenglund
_Emeritus

Post by _wenglund »

moksha wrote:
wenglund wrote:Apparantly I'll just have to enjoy it on my own. ;-)

(But just in case anyone may be at least somewhat curious, I left a hint on the second page of the Persecution thread.)

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

I looked at the thread and I am wondering if the clue was meant to indicate that "DCP" had persecuted Kevin? If this was the case, "DCP" should knock it off so as not to cause any more cryptic sub-parodies that one needs a personal interpreter to understand. However, if Wade were to be explicit, I would enjoy all his insights into the workings of Kevin's parodies.

You are very very close. Just concentrate on the "Kevin" part of that hint, and try and figure out how that may be an unintended parody, and I think you just may get it on your own.

Thanks, -Wade Englund-
_dartagnan
_Emeritus

Post by _dartagnan »

Stop trying to posture yourself as a man with great insight. Nobody asks you to spill it because nobody cares. I think we all know you're trying to build suspense for something that will be a dumb observation that rests strictly on your own perspective.

It is kinda like wasting your time through a six minute joke just to hear a ridiculous punch line. You feel stupid for even listening.
“All knowledge of reality starts from experience and ends in it...Propositions arrived at by purely logical means are completely empty as regards reality." - Albert Einstein
_wenglund
_Emeritus

Post by _wenglund »

dartagnan wrote:I suspect you have to settle for enjoying most things on your own.

That may be true in one respect, but I think it would only become problamatic were I to get so desparate for company that I imagine myself having conversations with people who for nearly a year now no longer wish to interact with me, and then try to disguise that desparation by calling it a "parody". ;-)

Thanks, -Wade Englund-
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

wenglund wrote:

That may be true in one respect, but I think it would only become problamatic were I to get so desparate for company that I imagine myself having conversations with people who for nearly a year now no longer wish to interact with me, and then try to disguise that desparation by calling it a "parody". ;-)

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

Hmmm...I didn't really sense any kind of desperation in Kevin's parody. I don't see how his parody was any different than Bond's little parodies and stories have been.

They're just supposed to be funny.

;)
_dartagnan
_Emeritus

Post by _dartagnan »

== That may be true in one respect, but I think it would only become problamatic were I to get so desparate for company that I imagine myself having conversations with people who for nearly a year now no longer wish to interact with me, and then try to disguise that desparation by calling it a "parody".

If you think this parody was an attempt to have a conversation with him, you’re dumber than I thought. Incidentally, DCP has mentioned me on numerous occasions since I was banned from that forum. In fact he just mentioned me yesterday. He has sent me emails out of the blue, even after saying he doesn’t want to debate me, and recently he decided to make his first appearance on Kerry’s blog, only because I was there.

It seems he is just as interested in taking pot shots at me, but the difference is I will face him in any forum, on any day, while he is duplicitous in claiming he doesn’t want anything to do with me, while bringing me up all the time.

Liz, this is one of those frequent instances where you just have to let wade be wade. Stump dumb to the end.
“All knowledge of reality starts from experience and ends in it...Propositions arrived at by purely logical means are completely empty as regards reality." - Albert Einstein
_wenglund
_Emeritus

Post by _wenglund »

dartagnan wrote:Stop trying to posture yourself as a man with great insight. Nobody asks you to spill it because nobody cares. I think we all know you're trying to build suspense for something that will be a dumb observation that rests strictly on your own perspective.

It is kinda like wasting your time through a six minute joke just to hear a ridiculous punch line. You feel stupid for even listening.

It really is no great insight. Ironically, the six minute joke, with its dumb observation and ridiculous punch line, had already been told by you in th OP, and it invoked, at least in me, the very outcome you suggested. It, like many of your past posts (as well as the one I am now responding to), have entailed an unintended parody of yourself (out of respect for you I won't go into detail here about what I see as your self-parody--not that you would be open to hearing it anyway). And, I wasn't trying to build suspense so much as I was attempting to avoid being the one to confront you with this reality. I was hoping that one of your friends here, who cares as much if not more about you than I do, but who you might trust and listen to, would speak up for your sake.

Anyway, in a way you are correct, none of this whole parody business deserves anywhere near the attention that it has been given, and so I will just leave it at that.

Thanks, -Wade Englund-
_wenglund
_Emeritus

Post by _wenglund »

liz3564 wrote:Hmmm...I didn't really sense any kind of desperation in Kevin's parody. I don't see how his parody was any different than Bond's little parodies and stories have been.

They're just supposed to be funny. ;)

That's correct. . . .and my comments were meant to be taken in that same spirit--which is why I included the smiley face at the end. ;-)

Thanks, -Wade Englund-
_Who Knows
_Emeritus

Post by _Who Knows »

wenglund wrote:
dartagnan wrote:Stop trying to posture yourself as a man with great insight. Nobody asks you to spill it because nobody cares. I think we all know you're trying to build suspense for something that will be a dumb observation that rests strictly on your own perspective.

It really is no great insight. Ironically, the six minute joke, with its dumb observation and ridiculous punch line, had already been told by you in th OP, and it invoked, at least in me, the very outcome you suggested. It, like many of your past posts (as well as the one I am now responding to), have entailed an unintended parody of yourself (out of respect for you I won't go into detail here about what I see as your self-parody--not that you would be open to hearing it anyway). And, I wasn't trying to build suspense so much as I was attempting to avoid being the one to confront you with this reality. I was hoping that one of your friends here, who cares as much if not more about you than I do, but who you might trust and listen to, would speak up for your sake.

Anyway, in a way you are correct, none of this whole parody business deserves anywhere near the attention that it has been given, and so I will just leave it at that.

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

Did anyone catch the unintended self-parody in Wade's post? Oh man, it's priceless. But I'm not telling you what it is...
WK: "Joseph Smith asserted that the Book of Mormon peoples were the original inhabitants of the americas"
Will Schryver: "No, he didn’t." 3/19/08
Still waiting for Will to back this up...