Reason, Reason, Reason.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_rcrocket

Post by _rcrocket »

Coggins7 wrote:
What were those degrees again?

He has none. Zero. I'm surprised he continues to hint that he has; I know for a fact he has none.

It really shouldn't make a difference on this forum because I see very little correlation between quality of speech on this forum and credentials.

rcrocket
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

rcrocket wrote:
Coggins7 wrote:

He has none. Zero. I'm surprised he continues to hint that he has; I know for a fact he has none.

It really shouldn't make a difference on this forum because I see very little correlation between quality of speech on this forum and credentials.

rcrocket

That's probably true for the general population. I've met people who hold advanced degrees but who can't write to save themselves.

I can't vouch for the quality of thought, though. My credentials don't really have much to do with Mormonism or its history and practices. Do yours?
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

rcrocket wrote:It really shouldn't make a difference on this forum because I see very little correlation between quality of speech on this forum and credentials.

rcrocket

ROTFLMAO. The irony is so thick, we can cut it with a knife.
_guy sajer
_Emeritus

Post by _guy sajer »

harmony wrote:
rcrocket wrote:It really shouldn't make a difference on this forum because I see very little correlation between quality of speech on this forum and credentials.

rcrocket

ROTFLMAO. The irony is so thick, we can cut it with a knife.

Yes, without knowing better, one would conclude, using this reasoning, that rcrocket is the most credentialed person here.
God . . . "who mouths morals to other people and has none himself; who frowns upon crimes, yet commits them all; who created man without invitation, . . . and finally, with altogether divine obtuseness, invites this poor, abused slave to worship him ..."
_rcrocket

Post by _rcrocket »

Runtu wrote:
rcrocket wrote:
Coggins7 wrote:

rcrocket

That's probably true for the general population. I've met people who hold advanced degrees but who can't write to save themselves.

I can't vouch for the quality of thought, though. My credentials don't really have much to do with Mormonism or its history and practices. Do yours?

Although, my statement was not a slam. I see no correlation, good or bad, between speech and credentials here.

And, no, my degrees and professional experience are not in Church history or theology. I have never contended I was an expert in either, and I am certainly not qualified to be an apologist for Mormonism. But, I learn things from statements made on this board; good or bad. When I also say things which I think are positive for the mission of Jesus Christ and I am slammed here, I feel like a martyr being burned at the stake. Such a great feeling! Euphoria! Eureka!

rcrocket
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

rcrocket wrote:Although, my statement was not a slam. I see no correlation, good or bad, between speech and credentials here.

I didn't say it was a slam. And I was agreeing with you.

And, no, my degrees and professional experience are not in Church history or theology. I have never contended I was an expert in either, and I am certainly not qualified to be an apologist for Mormonism. But, I learn things from statements made on this board; good or bad. When I also say things which I think are positive for the mission of Jesus Christ and I am slammed here, I feel like a martyr being burned at the stake. Such a great feeling! Euphoria! Eureka!

rcrocket

Maybe it's just that some things you see as positive for the mission of Jesus Christ are not seen that way by everyone. I'm not meaning to be rude, but I don't see a lot of positive stuff coming from you. Maybe I'm just misreading you.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_rcrocket

Post by _rcrocket »

guy sajer wrote:Yes, without knowing better, one would conclude, using this reasoning, that rcrocket is the most credentialed person here.

Thanks! Finally we can speak as friends. I appreciate the compliment! Yes, I am highly credentialed: I work my motorcycle at over 130 mph and can run 50 miles on a hilly trail without stopping in under 9 1/2 hours. That makes me qualified, on this board, to say what I choose.
_guy sajer
_Emeritus

Post by _guy sajer »

rcrocket wrote:
Runtu wrote:
rcrocket wrote:
Coggins7 wrote:

rcrocket

Although, my statement was not a slam. I see no correlation, good or bad, between speech and credentials here.

rcrocket

Out of curiosity, do you think that your mentor (that would be JC himself) would approve of all your tactics in promoting his mission (you know, the insults, the slander, the rudeness, the belittling, etc.)?

El Nehor also tries to promote the message of JC, and he is treated with much greater respect than you are. The difference? He is not an ***hole, and you are.
God . . . "who mouths morals to other people and has none himself; who frowns upon crimes, yet commits them all; who created man without invitation, . . . and finally, with altogether divine obtuseness, invites this poor, abused slave to worship him ..."
_rcrocket

Post by _rcrocket »

guy sajer wrote:
Out of curiosity, do you think that your mentor (that would be JC himself) would approve of all your tactics in promoting his mission (you know, the insults, the slander, the rudeness, the belittling, etc.)?

Are you kidding? Of course not! I have never claimed to perfection. But, you're right, the insults, slander, rudeness and belittling should stop, but then all my favored foils on this Board would have nothing to say.

Nehor is a wolf in sheeps' clothing. Outwardly saying nice things.

rcrocket
Last edited by _rcrocket on Fri May 25, 2007 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

rcrocket wrote:Are you kidding? Of course not! I have never claimed to perfection. But, you're right, the insults, slander, rudeness and belittling should stop, but then all my favored foils on this Board would have nothing to say.

rcrocket

I think you'd be surprised what people would have to say if we got rid of the nastiness.
Runtu's Rincón