In honor of Coggins7

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

*reveling in my sabbatical bliss*
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Coggins7
_Emeritus

Post by _Coggins7 »

Well, some of this stuff was fairly entertaining. Some of it was...mmmmmmmmmm...on the margins.

Bond does a pretty good job though.
_Coggins7
_Emeritus

Post by _Coggins7 »

Creating his own church now
That is our own Schmo
Retired to his bedroom
To watch his member grow

This may deserve a separate treatment of its own, either in verse or song. Stay tuned...
_Coggins7
_Emeritus

Post by _Coggins7 »

I don't know about Tal or Bob, but KA is busy preparing for a big Oklahoma Exmo Party tonight. Word has it that she bought a lot of beer. ;-)

I will get to Kimberlyann, as the wicked witch said, 'all in due time".
_Lucretia MacEvil
_Emeritus

Post by _Lucretia MacEvil »

Coggins7 wrote:Well, some of this stuff was fairly entertaining. Some of it was...mmmmmmmmmm...on the margins.

Bond does a pretty good job though.

hmmm, just recalling that you couldn't accept criticism or see any flaw in your own work, but yet ... see, this is where some college education could help you out.
_Coggins7
_Emeritus

Post by _Coggins7 »

hmmm, just recalling that you couldn't accept criticism or see any flaw in your own work, but yet ... see, this is where some college education could help you out.

Are these hallucinations chronic and continual or are they only brought on periodically by the use of Silly Putty as a means of mood alteration?
_guy sajer
_Emeritus

Post by _guy sajer »

Coggins7 wrote:

Are these hallucinations chronic and continual or are they only brought on periodically by the use of Silly Putty as a means of mood alteration?

Just out of curiosity, why are you such an a-hole to everyone? I think you'd find that people would treat with you much more civility and respect if you did not go out of your way to be such a jerk to them. You and rcrocket (though I'm not sure that you are not one of his anonymous sock puppets given the similarities in writing and argument style and in the types of insulting jabs you make--you could easily be him, although a much more free-wheeling type, sort of a Mr. Hyde and Mr. Hyde II) do nothing but make enemies here with your extreme and insulting rhetoric. You could make your same arguments, take a little push back in return, but have it be mostly civil, like with Gazelem and The Nehor, if you'd just stop being so damned insulting all the time. I'd be happy to be civil, except I suspect I'll just get sh** back in return, so I shove the sh** too, but I'd be happy not to as well. You'll notice that I, and others, are mostly only uncivil to you and your partner in blowhardiness. (Not that you're a blowhard by nature or in person, but on the board you appear to put so much effort into being one. I'm betting you're a pretty decent guy in person. So, I am wondering why the constant dramatics here.)

What of it?

Enquiring minds want to know.
God . . . "who mouths morals to other people and has none himself; who frowns upon crimes, yet commits them all; who created man without invitation, . . . and finally, with altogether divine obtuseness, invites this poor, abused slave to worship him ..."
_Lucretia MacEvil
_Emeritus

Post by _Lucretia MacEvil »

guy sajer wrote:So, I am wondering why the constant dramatics here.)

What of it?

He's trying to prove that he's smart, which as far as I'm concerned he doesn't need to prove because it's obvious that he is extremely intelligent. He has probably killed more brain cells with alcohol than I started out with. Probably nobody here thinks that he is stupid, or ignorant, but his opinions and theories are extreme (and even uneducated). He doesn't find much agreement on this board, which he takes as a personal insult. His loathing of critics is beyond the pale of logic, it's a coping strategy for dealing with insecurity in his beliefs (and sense of meter). I'm still irked about some very personal remarks he made to me a few weeks ago (not that I care about his opinion, but I don't care for the implication that he's in any position to know anything about me -- I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole). I don't care what he 's like in real life. On this board he's a one-dimensional cartoon figure, unable to converse reasonably, and unable to defend his untenable positions on any topic because he's too personally invested in defending his own little personal self.

Lucretia (who is not a therapist in real life but likes to pretend on the internet) MacEvil
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Lucretia MacEvil wrote:
guy sajer wrote:So, I am wondering why the constant dramatics here.)

What of it?

He's trying to prove that he's smart, which as far as I'm concerned he doesn't need to prove because it's obvious that he is extremely intelligent. He has probably killed more brain cells with alcohol than I started out with. Probably nobody here thinks that he is stupid, or ignorant, but his opinions and theories are extreme (and even uneducated). He doesn't find much agreement on this board, which he takes as a personal insult. His loathing of critics is beyond the pale of logic, it's a coping strategy for dealing with insecurity in his beliefs (and sense of meter). I'm still irked about some very personal remarks he made to me a few weeks ago (not that I care about his opinion, but I don't care for the implication that he's in any position to know anything about me -- I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole). I don't care what he 's like in real life. On this board he's a one-dimensional cartoon figure, unable to converse reasonably, and unable to defend his untenable positions on any topic because he's too personally invested in defending his own little personal self.

Lucretia (who is not a therapist in real life but likes to pretend on the internet) MacEvil

Gotta love the alcohol remarks, there Lucretia. Of course you care about whatever personal remarks he made about you or you wouldn't be jumping on the band wagon. Your post above IS the ten foot pole.

Jersey Girl
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

guy sajer wrote:
Coggins7 wrote:

Just out of curiosity, why are you such an a-hole to everyone? I think you'd find that people would treat with you much more civility and respect if you did not go out of your way to be such a jerk to them. You and rcrocket (though I'm not sure that you are not one of his anonymous sock puppets given the similarities in writing and argument style and in the types of insulting jabs you make--you could easily be him, although a much more free-wheeling type, sort of a Mr. Hyde and Mr. Hyde II) do nothing but make enemies here with your extreme and insulting rhetoric. You could make your same arguments, take a little push back in return, but have it be mostly civil, like with Gazelem and The Nehor, if you'd just stop being so damned insulting all the time. I'd be happy to be civil, except I suspect I'll just get sh** back in return, so I shove the sh** too, but I'd be happy not to as well. You'll notice that I, and others, are mostly only uncivil to you and your partner in blowhardiness. (Not that you're a blowhard by nature or in person, but on the board you appear to put so much effort into being one. I'm betting you're a pretty decent guy in person. So, I am wondering why the constant dramatics here.)

What of it?

Excuse me, would you mind noticing the condescending remark he's responding to?

Jersey Girl
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb