A ZLMB Classic: Prof. Hamblin Lectures RfM

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Blixa wrote:That's a hard one, Bond. I hate to see Paris's singing insulted like that...

Truly the only musical analogy is "that's like comparing Janice Kapp Perry with __________ (pretty much anyone)."

Am I to take it you're not a Beatles fan Blixa (note that if you say no my head will explode....so please say yes ;)?
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

Wait, is that "No I am not a Beatles fan" or "Yes I am not a Beatles fan?" I'll cut to the chase: 1) my "joke" was that even Paris's singing would be insulted by analogy to Mormonism and 2) I like the Beatles just fine.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Blixa wrote:Wait, is that "No I am not a Beatles fan" or "Yes I am not a Beatles fan?" I'll cut to the chase: 1) my "joke" was that even Paris's singing would be insulted by analogy to Mormonism and

I personally hold that an anology involving Paris is an insult to Mormonism. :-)

2) I like the Beatles just fine.

My unexploded head thanks you. (alright that sounded dirty, but I meant the head has my brains in it. Damnit. I mean the one that has hair on it. Damnit. I mean the one that has two eyes.)
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Mister Scratch »

Bond...James Bond wrote:
Mister Scratch wrote:Have LDS endured persecution in the past? Yes, but next to the Jews it is pretty small potatoes, hence Prof. Hamblin's white-hot anger.

I don't think the LDS persecution should ever be compared to Jewish persecution, in any way shape or form. It's like comparing Devo to the Beatles....their names shouldn't even be in the same paragraph when the issue comes up.

It's foolish (and dare I say stupid and ignorant) for anyone who's ever taken even a decent look at the history of the Jews in Europe and the Near East (which I'm assuming Hamblin has since he probably had to take History 101 and 102 back in the day) to compare the "persecution" of the LDS to what the Jews have endured/survived.

I agree wholeheartedly with this.
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Bond...James Bond wrote:My unexploded head thanks you. (alright that sounded dirty, but I meant the head has my brains in it. Damnit. I mean the one that has hair on it. Damnit. I mean the one that has two eyes.)

*sigh* I can see it's time for more aversion therapy, Bond. Meet me in the dungeon at the usual time. It's Jersey Girl's turn to bring the whips and chains. Blixa, you're invited to come watch and/or participate, whichever you prefer. ;)
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

liz3564 wrote:
Bond...James Bond wrote:My unexploded head thanks you. (alright that sounded dirty, but I meant the head has my brains in it. Damnit. I mean the one that has hair on it. Damnit. I mean the one that has two eyes.)

*sigh* I can see it's time for more aversion therapy, Bond. Meet me in the dungeon at the usual time. It's Jersey Girl's turn to bring the whips and chains. Blixa, you're invited to come watch and/or participate, whichever you prefer. ;)

Dang....I'm tired of being the submissive.

Oh Well....time to get my assless chaps out of storage. ;-)
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

I'll be a God in no time, Bond. Then watch out.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."