Building Bridges

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Building Bridges

Post by _The Nehor »

With all the animosity shown lately on the boards in regards to the 9/11 tragedy (or massacre as you prefer) I thought it would be nice to show that there are some things that mourners of 9/11 and Al-Qaeda agree on even now.

Enjoy this heart-warming news report: http://www.theonion.com/content/video/a ... ith_ground
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_Analytics
_Emeritus

Post by _Analytics »

That is a touching story, thanks for sharing!
It’s relatively easy to agree that only Homo sapiens can speak about things that don’t really exist, and believe six impossible things before breakfast. You could never convince a monkey to give you a banana by promising him limitless bananas after death in monkey heaven.

-Yuval Noah Harari
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

I didn't look at what the link leads to. This is "The Onion", is that a parody you're linking to?

Jersey Girl
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Jersey Girl wrote:I didn't look at what the link leads to. This is "The Onion", is that a parody you're linking to?

Jersey Girl

Yes
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

This is my favorite Onion parody:

BYU Scientists Convert Matter Into Mormonism
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

"To trigger the matter-to-Mormonism conversion, a microgram of the element strontium is ordained by the doctrine and arcana of the Urim and Thummim, then bombarded by a high-energy photon traveling at four-fifths the speed of light.

Strontium was chosen for the project because "of all the elements it is the most unstable and therefore the most likely to react strongly to common-sense teachings."

According to Calhoun, though the conversion was invisible to the naked eye, subatomic "fingerprints" left by the collision reveal that for a brief period, the neutrons and protons in the nuclei of the atoms were actually fused together by faith in Jesus Christ and his Gospel as restored through his latter-day prophet, Joseph Smith. Though the Mormon Church has acheived great success with its missionary work in the past, the Joseph Smith Particle Accelerator is expected to revolutionize its recruitment efforts.

"Within 50 years," Calhoun said, "the Mormonism contained in the atoms of just a single glass of water will be enough to convert a city the size of St. Louis."
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace