Utah Valley Refugee Seeks Salt Lake Room (Me!)

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_DonBradley
_Emeritus

Utah Valley Refugee Seeks Salt Lake Room (Me!)

Post by _DonBradley »

Fellow Discussants,

Having just finally made my longed for break from Utah Valley, I now find that the house into which I've moved is being sold! Consequently, I'm looking for a room or shared apartment in Salt Lake.

Since I'm an atheist "apostate" who digs at the foundations of Mormonism, I'd doubtless make "TBM" housemates or roommates squirm.

So, if you know of any available rooms or shareable apartments in Salt Lake City (preferably near the U) where the roommates would welcome a smart, friendly Post-Mo like me, or if you know someone else who might know of any, please let me know. (Private messages would be best.)

I need to find a place as soon as possible, and would greatly appreciate any leads!

Thanks,

Don

Mod Note: Stickied for a few days-Bond
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Have you checked the housing referal service at the University of Utah? They used to be quite helpful.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_DonBradley
_Emeritus

Post by _DonBradley »

Hi Moksha,

I hadn't checked with them. Just now I tried looking them up online, and could only find on-campus student housing. I'll trying calling the university tomorrow to see what resources they refer me to.

Don

P.S. Dr. Shades, thanks a ton for pinning this!
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

DonBradley wrote:P.S. Dr. Shades, thanks a ton for pinning this!

Ouch DB! Very ouch!
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

Bond...James Bond wrote:
DonBradley wrote:P.S. Dr. Shades, thanks a ton for pinning this!

Ouch DB! Very ouch!

I think Bond wants the glory, Don. I sympathise, having moved five times in six years and now about to make my sixth move, as I discovered that my landlord wants to reclaim the house when the lease is up in six weeks. Sorry, but can't help you practically. There are, however, some cheap flats going on Sydney's south coast. No promise you'll find your soulmate here, though.
_DonBradley
_Emeritus

Post by _DonBradley »

Hey,

Thanks Ray. I only just noticed your post. I've moved a lot as well. We're just drifters, I guess...:-P by the way, if you find my soulmate there, please airmail her to me at once. A nice foreign accent on my soulmate would only be a plus!

by the way, one and all, I have found a place! It's in the perfect area for me, and I'm moving my stuff in now.

Thanks again, Dr. Shades, for pinning this thread. Feel free to take it down now.

by the way, please e-mail me again about getting together.

Don
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

DonBradley wrote: by the way, if you find my soulmate there, please airmail her to me at once. A nice foreign accent on my soulmate would only be a plus!

Don

No worries, Don. As long as I can send the bill to you.