It is so easy to talk to non members about the church now

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Gazelam wrote:
Like I said, the sad sad reality for you TBM'ers is I can turn non members permanently away from Mormonism far far easier than any Mormon could even dream of converting them! Get used to it buddy! I look for opportunities to share the gospel constantly!

Ok, practice on me, name a point of the gospel you feel that Joseph Smith taught incorrectly and in detail tell me whats incorrect about it.
Again, it does not matter. Thanks especially to Mitt, anytime I speak about Mormonism, EVERYONE listens.

One delish point that always sets a tone for talking about Mormons, is the first vision story.

I basically say that Smith CLAIMS that Jesus himself told him that ALL other religions were wrong.

"Like which ones?" they usually ask.

"All of them, like Jesus said, ALL.. including yours", I snap.

"REAALLY? That is very closed minded and self righteous!", is blerted out.

"Oh yes, and you catholics? For many many years the Mormon leaders taught that the catholic church was the great whore of the earth"!

Like I said, I am under no obligation to warm up some milk.

I usually start with the really rancid jerky.
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

Well I guess its all in the tone. Theres nothing you said that's incorrect. Most Catholics I know would agree with you.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato