It is so easy to talk to non members about the church now

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

It is so easy to talk to non members about the church now

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

I am so thankful for the truth about the Mormon church. I am truly blessed to have opportunities to share it.

I had a nice hour long chat with a black fellow from work today.

It was so easy talking to him about the LDS church.

Telling the truth is easy.

Needless to say, that is one person who will NEVER join now!

He told me that with all of the hoopla around Mitt lately, his father had asked about Mormonism recently and now he was excited to tell him!

"I just don't understand how that racist Brigham Young got a school named after him, why did the members allow that?", he asked.

I said, "They believed that he spoke for god."

He continued, "So essentially all of the Mormons were racists too then?"

"YEP!"

I told him EVERYTHING. Even showed him the sure-sign-o-the-nail handshake so he could have fun with the mishies next time they came a knockin!
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

You know, I think a lot of posters here are just being polite to you because you're "one of them", but truly, you post some awful drivel.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Ray A wrote:You know, I think a lot of posters here are just being polite to you because you're "one of them", but truly, you post some awful drivel.
Ray,

When I was a Mormon and coworkers would ask if I was a member.

Once I said yes, I would cringe because they would ask all of the questions about racism, polygamy, baptism for the dead, funny undies, etc..

I would cringe because I know I'd be under the gun to attempt to explain away the issues..

Now I just tell them the damn truth.

When asked "Why did they not let the black have the priesthood?" I just talk about Young's teachings from the pulpit along with McKonkie's Mormon Doctrine, and comments from various apostles over the years.. "Death on the spot" for interracial marriage is always a shocker..

When they ask about the funny undies, I tell them about the masonic symbols and how smith being a copy cat, copied things from the masons..

When I tell them about baptism for the dead, they usually freak. "So, you would stand there as this guy would baptize you 50 times really fast?" and people in heaven are supposedly watching? They believe that?
YEP!

The handshakes gets them laughing. Several people will still jokingly give me the index against the wrist in passing and ask me "WHAT IS THAT?"... I reply with "HAS IT A NAME?" Occasionally folks I have shown the secret handshakes will ask, "Wait, wait, how do I do that again? What do I say?" After I give them a quick refresher, they laugh and say something like "morons!"

Its great sharing the teachings of the church of jesus christ of latter day saints. Pictures of my large brood of kids ALWAYS gets a conversation going.. "Are you catholic or Mormon?"

I WAS Mormon.....

"WAS???!!"

"Got a few minutes?"
_Levi
_Emeritus

Post by _Levi »

Polygamy Porter wrote:
I WAS Mormon.....

"WAS???!!"

"Got a few minutes?"

Lurking earlier, I formed the conclusion that you are still a Mormon. Are you presently?

Why the hostility? I see Mormons as, in large part, good family folk, dedicated to their Mormon community, and spiritual in their own way. What is wrong with that?
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Levi wrote:
Polygamy Porter wrote:
I WAS Mormon.....

"WAS???!!"

"Got a few minutes?"

Lurking earlier, I formed the conclusion that you are still a Mormon. Are you presently?

Why the hostility? I see Mormons as, in large part, good family folk, dedicated to their Mormon community, and spiritual in their own way. What is wrong with that?
I am still on the records.

I have inside information that they DO NOT take my name off the tally of total members.

Once I see this practice has been corrected, and they publicly display the number of resignations, then I will have my name and family removed.

Until then, I will leave it on as a means to pull in unwitting members to my turf each time a leadership change happens and the new EQ prez or Bishop think they have the righteous power to change my mind. I have yet to meet a bishop that can stand toe to toe with me. My 800 lbs gorilla named Truth wipe the floor with their 5 lbs weakling testimonkey that is perched on their shoulder.

What hostility?

I am just talking to non members about the truth. What is hostile about the truth?

The Mormons are a marketing machine and the facade of good family folk is used as an attempt to pull in more suckers.

It is my duty to warn my fellow humans, especially the unwitting ignorant ones, of the dangers of believing the Mormons.

in my opinion, and experience, the Mormon church is a life sucking cult. Why would I stand by and allow my fellow humans to be abused like that?

I am here to ensure all know about Mormons before the Mormons try and dupe them. Me and Mitt make a great team.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Polygamy Porter wrote:I have inside information that they DO NOT take my name off the tally of total members.

It's not exactly inside information. Anyone with a calculator can figure out that they sometimes (if not always) keep right on counting "removees." See:

http://www.mormoninformation.com/stats.htm
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Polygamy Porter wrote:I have inside information that they DO NOT take my name off the tally of total members.

It's not exactly inside information. Anyone with a calculator can figure out that they sometimes (if not always) keep right on counting "removees." See:

http://www.mormoninformation.com/stats.htm

Failing to see problem, it's pretty easy to get out if you want out.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_msnobody
_Emeritus

Post by _msnobody »

Ray A wrote:You know, I think a lot of posters here are just being polite to you because you're "one of them", but truly, you post some awful drivel.

Ray, what is not true about what he said?
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

The Nehor wrote:

Failing to see problem, it's pretty easy to get out if you want out.

Did you not read the website?

Let me break it down for you: You're right that it's easy to get them to tell you that you're "out," but you're never actually out. Even after you jump through all the hoops, you're still "in" and you still remain on the records.

Put another way, the only difference between a person who is on the records vs. a person who has had his/her name removed from the records is that the latter thinks he/she is no longer a member.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Re: It is so easy to talk to non members about the church no

Post by _Jason Bourne »

Telling the truth is easy.

Based on the rest of your post below it does not seem that you tell truth very well.

"I just don't understand how that racist Brigham Young got a school named after him, why did the members allow that?", he asked.

I said, "They believed that he spoke for god."

While BY made some pretty strong remarks that were racist (even more so by todays standards) he was not unique for his time and was very much a product of his culture. Taking his remarks in that light is important at looking at truth. That you seem incapable of doing so demosrates that you do not tell the truth.

He continued, "So essentially all of the Mormons were racists too then?"

"YEP!"

This is not the truth. If you recall Joseph Smith wanted to free the slaves and give them a land of their own in Africa.

I told him EVERYTHING.

Which based on this and your distorted track record consisted of much untruth.