It is so easy to talk to non members about the church now

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Re: It is so easy to talk to non members about the church no

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Polygamy Porter wrote:Man am I glad I won't have to shake hands with God.

Mormons don't mind because they think that the prophets crap doesn't stink....

"Mormons" don't mind because we realize that...

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

tee. hee.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

Apples poop?
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Re: It is so easy to talk to non members about the church no

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

Doctor Steuss wrote:"Mormons" don't mind because we realize that...

Yes, and that's why we need Toilet Tunes! There's a thread about them in the Off-Topic forum, but I wouldn't recommend reading it 'cause it stinks.

KA
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

harmony wrote:Apples poop?

Not exactly. They can make the process more pleasurable though:

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Porter

Post by _Gazelam »

I told him EVERYTHING.

You told him everything from your perspective.

That does not entail that you told him the truth. You are far to immature and childish to have a clear or well minded perspective of anything spiritual or uplifting.

Your idea of a good time is a night spent watching "Family Guy" while sipping some Ale. "Whats wrong with that ?" you ask?

"Family Guy" is one of the most vulgar and offensive shows in the history of television. It is morally offensive and degrading to just about everything by anyones standards. And the reason you find it funny is the same reason that you are incapable of inviting the Spirit of the Lord into your mind and heart.

Hopefully one of these days you'll grow up and repent of your piss poor attitude and learn to appreciate sacred things.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Re: Porter

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Gazelam wrote:
I told him EVERYTHING.

You told him everything from your perspective.

That does not entail that you told him the truth. You are far to immature and childish to have a clear or well minded perspective of anything spiritual or uplifting.

Your idea of a good time is a night spent watching "Family Guy" while sipping some Ale. "Whats wrong with that ?" you ask?

"Family Guy" is one of the most vulgar and offensive shows in the history of television. It is morally offensive and degrading to just about everything by anyones standards. And the reason you find it funny is the same reason that you are incapable of inviting the Spirit of the Lord into your mind and heart.

Hopefully one of these days you'll grow up and repent of your piss poor attitude and learn to appreciate sacred things.
This coming from our resident hypocrite who watches grisly R rated movies that contain bloody gory violence, and then brags about it on this board.

I do not watch family guy, I cannot. I have no incoming TV signals, no cable or rabbit ears. Dropped cable TV over three years ago and trashed the rabbit ears at that time too.

We watch DVDs and occasional youtube clips. I did watch a few Family Guy clips on youtube, but was not sipping ale at the time, but it was related to Mormonism! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP-c8mf9wko

Now about your comment concerning me being too childish and immature to understand self induced emotional epiphanies...

The sad, sad, sad, reality for Mormons like you, is I will continue to tell the truth about Mormonism. One at at time, I will move non members just out of the reach of the great sucking sound known as Mormonism.

The difference between you and I is I have no reason to swallow Mormonism anymore. You do and that is why you think I did not present the "truth" in a "truthful way" as it must be presented to you in a certain way so that it goes down with the least amount of discomfort.
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

This coming from our resident hypocrite who watches grisly R rated movies that contain bloody gory violence, and then brags about it on this board.

You are correct. I was hesitant to list those movies when I posted them. I was in the wrong to watch them then, and to recommend them to others now. I actualy got rid of my copy of "The Thing" last year when I cleaned out my house of everything I tohught was offensive to the spirit. Guess now I need to remove it from the inside too. Good call there Porter, you got me.

I have no incoming TV signals, no cable or rabbit ears. Dropped cable TV over three years ago and trashed the rabbit ears at that time too.

I've considered doing this. Hows it goin so far? I guess after 3 years its the norm for you eh?

Now about your comment concerning me being too childish and immature to understand self induced emotional epiphanies...

Porter you comment on things like a rabid 14 year old. You spew out your garbage in an unintelligable, kneejerk, spastic fashion. How about instead of your hit and runs you take a point of doctrine and explain in detail why it is wrong.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Gazelam wrote:

You are correct. I was hesitant to list those movies when I posted them. I was in the wrong to watch them then, and to recommend them to others now. I actualy got rid of my copy of "The Thing" last year when I cleaned out my house of everything I tohught was offensive to the spirit. Guess now I need to remove it from the inside too. Good call there Porter, you got me.

I just crapped a statue of Joseph freaking Smith... did I read that right? Gaz admitting I was right about him being a hypocrite?? Sweet Jesus!
I have no incoming TV signals, no cable or rabbit ears. Dropped cable TV over three years ago and trashed the rabbit ears at that time too.

I've considered doing this. Hows it goin so far? I guess after 3 years its the norm for you eh?
Yes, it is nice. The kids spend much more time playing, coloring, reading, and practicing piano, guitar, and drums.

It drives my TBM inlaws nuts... He left the church and had his cable AND TV signals removed??? But he has no spirit of god to direct him... how did he come up with that?[/quote]

Porter you comment on things like a rabid 14 year old. You spew out your garbage in an unintelligable, kneejerk, spastic fashion. How about instead of your hit and runs you take a point of doctrine and explain in detail why it is wrong.
Like I said, the sad sad reality for you TBM'ers is I can turn non members permanently away from Mormonism far far easier than any Mormon could even dream of converting them! Get used to it buddy! I look for opportunities to share the gospel constantly!
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

I just crapped a statue of Joseph freaking Smith... did I read that right? Gaz admitting I was right about him being a hypocrite??

I believe that this is the third time I've had to fess up to something I was wrong about on this board. On this point you are right, it is hypocritical of me to say I enjoy somethign that is so obviously counter to the gospel. I think I'm also pushing the boundries in the punk rock music thread in the off topic forum. I got rid of all my rock music last year to, and here I am promoting some bands I used to like. Sometimes the balance is hard to maintain.

But he has no spirit of god to direct him... how did he come up with that?

The Spirit just gives promptings. That does not mean you can't have good ideas on your own. The Fathers ultimate goal is for you to eventually step out on your own and handle things yourself. In this trhing you seem to have made a hard positive choice and done well. Good for you.

Like I said, the sad sad reality for you TBM'ers is I can turn non members permanently away from Mormonism far far easier than any Mormon could even dream of converting them! Get used to it buddy! I look for opportunities to share the gospel constantly!

Ok, practice on me, name a point of the gospel you feel that Joseph Smith taught incorrectly and in detail tell me whats incorrect about it.